-29-

Earning Your Wings

 

Taeyong sat on the chair in front of the blinking bright red light, nerves on end, leg shaking, with his hands in fists.

When they arrived at the hospital, Jinyoung had told him they would do everything they could, she was in critical condition and had to undergo surgery.

All he could do was wait.

 

Guan Lin was the first to bust the door open, as he ran to Taeyong who was on the edge of his seat, glancing at the doors for Jinyoung to give him news.

Any news.

“Hyung, what’s going on?”

“Jinyoung came and took her in to surgery..”

“How long has it been?”

“An hour..but it feels like forever...”

Guan Lin was now pacing back and forth, fighting the tears that were swelled up in his eyes.

Their friends joined them in waiting, looking at the red blinking light, hoping to see if it would ever stop.

 


 

Moments later, a bloodied Jinyoung arrives in front of both Guan Lin and Taeyong, “she’s bypassed the critical phase and she needs rest now..we’re not sure how long she will be out for but she should recover just fine.”

The breath that everyone was holding in was now released with the news that their Eunmi was going to be okay.

“She’ll be in the presidential recovery room and you guys can visit her during visiting hours. Make sure not to be too roudy, " he said as he was eyeing the group, particularly Johnny who rolled his eyes.

 

Once they arrived to the top floor, Guan Lin rushed to his sisters side and took her hand in his, resting his forehead on top of the back of her hand.

“I thought I was going to lose you..”

Ten patted his back while everyone each took their turns to speak with Eunmi.

 

-----------------------

 

A week had passed and Eunmi was still asleep.

Her condition improved and the doctors had said that she should wake up any time soon.

Everyone visited her frequently and today was just as lively.

Guan Lin never failed to visit her every chance he got.

Today was no different, he was sitting on his sister’s bedside, peeling some fruits while talking about how frustrating his professor was.

“Can you believe it Jie? The nerve of some people?”

 

The door opened as Johnny and Ten walked in.

“Hey hyungs”

“Any changes?”

“I see that she’s got some color on her cheeks.”

Guan Lin nodded at Ten with a bit of pep, “yeah the doctors said she would be up at any moment!”

 

As if on cue the heart monitor began to pick up, causing the three to look at the girl.

Slowly her finger began to twitch and her once closed eyes started to open as if a new fawn was born into the world.

Groggily Eunmi took in her surrounds and saw bright lights above her, she tried to get up but was forced back down by the force of nature.

Guan lin ran to her side with tears welled up, “Jie”

Eunmi mustered up a smile at her brother and two friends before she was able to raise a hand and pat Guan Lin’s head.

 

After Guan Lin screamed for the doctors and nurses they were able to clear Eunmi and she was to be released after some tests.

With the help of Guan Lin and Ten Eunmi was able to sit up as Johnny told her what was going on.

“And that’s the gist of everything..”

She raised an arm and massaged her temples, “looks like I have my work cut out for me”

“Don’t worry Jie, Linnie has taken care of the office while you were..asleep”

She raised her hand and held his face in her palm, “thank you di, but now that Jie is awake, it’s time to finish things.”

“You mean..”

“It’s time we did some bug extermination~”

Ten and Johnny exchanged hi fives before smiling at the smirking girl.