-5-

Earning Your Wings

 

Taeyong was stuck in a three hour meeting with his department heads over the quarterly reports. Once he stepped out his secretary rushed to him and showed him a tablet with the latest report.

Without a word he rushed to his Aventador and sped to the hospital.

 

He ran to the room and saw the rest of his friends gathered around a specific female.

"Mimi"

Right as the name slipped from his lips he was engulfed in a hug by a small pair of arms,"TY"

Taeyong kissed her head and held onto Eunmi as he felt her legs weaken. He looked over to his friends and nodded at them as he escorted eunmi outside.

 

 

Eunmi stared off into the garden as Taeyong came up to her with some hot coffee. He plopped down next to the girl and looked at her profile, waiting for her to speak.

"I-i’m back"

" I could see that" he said cheekily to the girl

Eunmi let out a soft chuckle and just placed her head on his shoulder in response and Taeyong nodded as they looked ahead into the horizon.

 

"Appa isn’t doing too well."

Tears were welling up in her eyes. The only time she ever really cried was when her mother passed away.

"Yongie...the doctor s-says he doesn't have long"

Taeyong took a sharp breath and held Eunmi in his arms. He kissed her head as he felt his shirt being damp.

"It’ll be okay Mi. You know you’re not alone.. I'll make sure you're never alone."

*******************

The two walked back into the room after Eunmi settled down, Eunmi’s hand was in his briefly before she let go. A sight that did not go unnoticed by their friends but they kept mum.

 

Johnny was the first to speak as he walked up to the girl and placed his arm around her shoulder, "Tell me what you need love. Anything~ your Youngho will get it for you~"

The girl rolled her eyes and garnered a small smile, "well..I'm staying"

The rest of her friends and younger brother looked at one another

"For good.."

"Jie. You mean it?"

Eunmi saw a little light flicker in Guan lin’s eyes as he repeated it over again and she nodded.

Guan lin broke into a sad smile, sad that it was in this type of situation but he was glad his sister was back.

 


 

Jaehyun and Ten went ahead of the group as they had to get back to work. Lisa left after crushing her best friend in another hug while johnny kissed her hand.

Her friends were something special and she chuckled at Johnny's failed wink at the girl while he walked away, backwards.

"Jie, I’ll go get the car"

Eunmi nodded at Guan lin and faced Taeyong

"Mi, don’t be afraid to-"

Before he could finish, she finished the sentence for him, "to call you for anything. I know Yongie."

She patted the lapels of his suit jacket and kissed his cheek as she got into the passenger seat of Guan lin’s Ferrari.

As the Ferrari made it’s way onto the streets Taeyong let out a sigh and ruffled his hair before getting into his own car.