-32-

Earning Your Wings

The Lai house was lively this morning as the news flashed Kyungri’s face everywhere since she was finally convicted.

Lisa was sipping her coffee and cheering as the reporter continued

“Ding dong the witch is dead~”

Ten gave his sister a deadpan look as she was all smiles.

“Lighten up Cittaphon, you know you’re equally excited she's finally behind bars” Johnny said as he hooked his arm around Ten’s shoulder.

“Yeah yeah.”

“But a life sentence? Really TY?”

Taeyong gave her an unamused look at Eunmi as she threw the question at him with a smile.

“Eternity would be even better”

Guan Lin hi-fived Taeyong while sipping his juice.

“Children. I’m surrounded by children”

Jaehyun got up and kissed her head, “yeah but we’re glad you’re safe”

Eunmi swatted his face away as everyone chuckled and smiled, “yeah, yeah”

 

----------------------------

Peace was restored and life presumed normally.....

Sort of.

Taeyong was waiting for Eunmi at the entrance of Lai Empires in his Aventador.

The girl was about to head to her car when she saw the familiar car.

“TY”

“Come”

Eunmi rolled her eyes as she slid in the passenger seat with ease before Taeyong drove off.


 

Taeyong got out of the car and opened the door for Eunmi to get out

“Songdo?”

“You need a break.”

He got her things and went to the execute suite on the top floor.

“I could’ve taken a rest at home”

“It’s fine. Just let me”

Sighing Eunmi went to the couch and plopped down, “explain”

Before sitting across from her he brought a glass of her favorite juice and placed it in front of her

“It’s my fault”

“TY-”

Taeyong stopped her before she could continue, “When I-I found out that it was”

“Kyungri? I know. It’s done and over with. How many times do we have to go over this?”

At the mention of his ex's name he looked at the girl with pain filled eyes

“But”

Eunmi sighed for the umpteenth time, “stop saying it’s your fault. You didn’t know that you snake of a girlfriend had ties to the mafia”

“But Mi..you got hurt”

“And it’s still not your fault..I saw what you did”

He got up to sit next to the girl while taking her hands in his, “and it’s not enough..I just hope you can forgive me Mi..”

Eunmi looked into his eyes and cupped his face in her palm, “I never blamed you from the start TY”

Taeyong gently let go of her hands to embrace her in a hug with his face in her hair, “thanks for coming back to me Mi”

“Always.”


 

After their talk, they had their dinner and everything seemed to be back to normal but something was bothering Eunmi.

Whenever she closed her eyes she would be back in that damp and dark room.

She hated it.

The feelings it gave her.

She felt dirty.

Gross.

Much less, scared.

She was wide awake, out in the balcony looking up at the stars.

 

“You’re going to catch a cold”

Before Eunmi could turn around she felt slight heat behind her.

Taeyong had notice the girl wasn’t in her bed and got up to look for her, only to find her outside, stargazing.

Eunmi was enveloped by Taeyong, whose arms baracaded her, his chin was on top of her head, as he looked up at the sky.

Warmed by the gentle embrace, Eunmi took a deep breath and caught a whiff of his scent which slightly calmed her racing heart.

“I thought you were sleeping”

“I thought you were too”

“I-I couldn’t sleep”

Taeyong lowered his face so he could peer at the girl who was avoiding his gaze.

His brows twitched at the avoidance but he ignored it, “what’s wrong?”

“I-I keep seeing it”

Breaking away from the gentle back hug Eunmi turned to face him, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

Taeyong stayed silent, letting the girl continue

“Whenever I close my eyes, I-I.. I’m in that room again..and I..I get scared”

Her voice came out in a whisper and Taeyong didn’t know what to do..

All he could think of was embracing the girl in a tight hug and patting her head to help soothe her, “I’m so sorry Mi”

 

They stayed that way for a brief moment.

Eunmi cradled in his arms, tightly hugging him as if he were to disappear.

Closing his eyes he kissed the top of her head, “I won’t let it happen ever again.”

He released the girl and held on the her shoulders, peering into her eyes with his own warm brown ones, “I will ALWAYS be here for you Eunmi”

At the sound of her full name released from his lips she looked straight into his eyes, tears welled up.

She went straight to him, this time she initiated the hug.

She broke the hug to look into his eyes, searching them before looking to his lips then back to his eyes.

Before he could say anything, she placed a chaste kiss on his lips, “I..love you”

Her voice came out almost as a whisper as she looked at him.

All sleep had escaped him as his heart was beating twice as fast.

His face softened as she was still in his embrace, he lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes before kissing her, “I love you too”

The kiss, this time, was filled with passion as their lips molded together.

He held on to her as she did to him and the two had no qualms to let go.


 

Taking her hand in his, Taeyong led Eunmi to the room, “you need to get some rest now Mi. Don’t worry I’ll be here with you.”

They got to her bed and he started to tuck her in until she clutched his pinky and forefinger, “stay”

She made room for him to get into bed with her and pleaded with her eyes.

He made his way next to her, opening his arms for her to embrace him as she placed her head on his chest, listening to his beating heart

“You promise?”

Kissing her head, Taeyong answered without hesitation, “Always”


-----------------------------------------

And that is the end of the story~
I hope you guys enjoyed the story! 
I know I'm still lacking but I'm working to become a better writer!
Thanks for reading and I hope you can join me in my next story!