-27-

Earning Your Wings

 

“Eunmi is missing?! And you just NOW tell me this?”

“Look..hyung”

“Don’t ‘look hyung’ me. You know she is equally as important to me. Why didn’t you come to me sooner? I-I know our relationship isn’t the best but Tae I care about you..”

“I know..i’m sorry for being..stubborn hyung...I Just..”

“Shut it. Let hyung take care of this. You’ll hear from the Blue House soon..”

“T-Thanks Jaejoong hyung”

 

After he ended the call with his half brother Taeyong lightly tossed his phone on the couch.

He was holed up in his office and he was staring at the work documents in front of him.

He had a lot of slack to pick up from the past few days where he was zoning out and even now he couldn’t concentrate..

but could you blame him?

---------------

Smack.

 

Eunmi was pushed to the wall forcefully.

She smirked at the male in front of her.

How distasteful.

Beating someone who had their hands bounded?

What a cheap trick.

 

Eunmi had lost count of how many days she had been in that hell hole, she almost lost that glimmer of hope she was holding on to,

that someone, anyone, would find her.

 

“How pathetic are you, to have me bounded and beat me? Afraid someone of my stature would crush you?”

Before she could say anything else the male grabbed her by the collar and tossed her to the other side.

Her body littered with bruises and dried blood.

 

 

The goons had tortured her relentlessly.

Sometimes Kyungri would be there, along with another male who Eunmi guessed was their boss.

“You have a mouth on you little girl. You should know when to keep quiet.”

“Again. Why are you afraid of me?”

 

The goon came rushing to the girl and before he could punch her she kicked him with what little energy she had in the groin.

She saw the door opened slightly ajar, and ran.

To no avail as their boss caught the girl with ease, “you’re not going anywhere you little rat”

----------------------

“You’re definite about this information?”

“Yes sir. We received word from the elite army and they are never wrong.”

“Gather the rest of the kids and inform them”

“Yes sir.”

“Looks like we’re taking a trip to the countryside.”

-----------------------------------

Taeyong looked up as Ten entered in his office with a slight force.

“T”

 

Before taeyong could say a word a set of files were thrown in front of him.

“W-what..”

“Look at it before asking”

He opened up the file and stared at the contents inside.

 

“Just what is this? You checked up on my girlfriend?!”

“Oh please, you know the others did too. Don’t be so surprised.”

“How could you?”

“Are you stupid? Do you not get that we do not like her?”

“But she”

Ten raised his hand to silence him, “you know, when you brought her to us I thought you were in a phase, but a year has passed and you’ve turned a blind eye to what she’s done”

 

“What are you even saying Cittaphon”

 

Sighing frustratingly Ten glared at the male, “you really are stupid. She’s been using you. Have you not even looked into your funds? Do you not notice how she’s been depleting you slowly? Or how she looks at Eunmi? I thought you loved her!”

 

“I do!”

 

“Then why are you with this leech? Tell me. Why?”

“I-it’s not that simple.”

“It is. You’re just being overly complicated and now look where it’s gotten you. I don’t know what Eunmi sees in you

Taeyong looked at Ten and grabbed the younger by the collar, “shut up. You don’t know what you’re saying!”

“Have you sat down and thought why you’re losing yourself? It’s because you lost her and she’s not there. When Eunmi took that break from you, did you notice how you always looked for her? Her presence calms you down, but now that she’s not here you don’t know what to do.”

 

Taeyong let him go and stared at the floor, eyebrows furrowed.

 

“You love her and you’re beating yourself up for not saying it to her because now you don’t know if you’ll ever see her again..you know. For her sake I hope she doesn’t choose you. You’ve been too blind hyung”

 

Ten left the room, leaving Taeyong in his thoughts.

 

He was right.

 

Ten was right.

 

He was in love with her.

 

But he was afraid.

He didn’t want to lose her..

Before he could drown in his thoughts more he was interrupted when two guards entered.

“Sir. we were told to retrieve you.”

“What’s going on?”

“Follow us sir, it’s about the young miss.”

Without another word Taeyong gathered his coat and followed the duo into the bulletproof range rover.

 

----------------------------------

In my opinion I think Taeyong and Jaejoong look so similar and I can't help but put the two as brothers! I shall grace you with them! and I hope you like sassy assertive Ten OTL - authornim out