-7-

Earning Your Wings

The group was near SNU as they were waiting for Guan Lin to finish up with one of his lectures.

Eunmi was joking with Jaehyun and Johnny as the food came, Taeyong placed a plate with some pieces of beef after he took out the veggies.

The group was casually conversing as Guan Lin joined them, "so Jie, you’re not leaving right?"

Eunmi rolled her eyes at her younger brother, "For the nth time. No Di. I will be here"

Johnny, who was next to the girl put his arm around her as he spoke, "yeah Jagi is stuck with us forever~"

The said girl rolled her eyes before a shrill voice was heard.

"Tae~ yeobo~ what’s going on?"

 

At the sound of the shrill voice, everyone looked to the female interrupting the group.

Lisa pretended to dry heave as Kyungri marched up to them and sat herself next to Taeyong, "Where did that empty chair even show up from?"she whispered to nobody in particular.

Taeyong looked at his girlfriend after taking a sharp inhale. Right, it was Tuesday, he usually had lunch with Kyungri and he forgot about it once the situation with Eunmi happened.

Ten shook his head as Johnny’s eye twitched.

Kyungri was gripping onto Taeyong’s shoulder as if it was a floatation device and she was drowning, she turned to Eunmi who was on the other side of Taeyong and gave her a once over before turning back to Taeyong.

Eunmi only sighed as the girl began to insert herself in every conversation.

 

After lunch, Taeyong excused himself as Kyungri claimed she needed to get back to work.

Eunmi furrowed her brows as she watched the couple leave, "Can't she drive herself? How'd she get here in the first place?"

Jaehyun was next to the girl and observed her expression before speaking, "that’s Taeyong hyung’s new 'boo'"

At the words Eunmi scrunched up her nose. Lisa was next to the two, "she just came out of nowhere and.."

Before Lisa could finish Ten completed the sentence with a stoic face, "we don’t like her."

The girl was puzzled, out of all of them, Ten got along with everyone, Eunmi turned to the group, "Why? I mean she’s a new person but-"

"Jie, she’s too touchy~" Guan Lin whinned as he glomped his older sister

Johnny agreed with continous nodding.

Looking back at the couple Eunmi’s brows furrowed once more. When she saw Kyungri something felt off about her.

 

********************************************************************

 

One week after being back in Seoul, Eunmi had a new routine.

Wake up, go to the company, meetings with the board, lunch with her friends, then continous stress.

She walked in the building clad in a black Dior dress that fit her figure nicely with an ivory cape blazer hanging off her shoulders and her Jimmy Choo pumps.

"Madam today you have a meeting with young Mr.Seo over the collaboration project with Samsung."

Eunmi nodded as they reached her office, she handed her secretary the signed documents, “send these to the Jungs and tell Johnny not to be late for our meeting today."

Her secretary nodded and excused himself.

Every since she got into office, she was constantly on the move, checking on each branch and each division to help familiarize herself with all of Lai Empires’ companies.

The employees were thankful that Eunmi wasn’t as scary as her father but equally as influential.

She was looking at some legal documents as her door opened. She didnt have to look up as she saw the cup that was placed on her desk, “Americano, four pumps of vanilla syrup and an extra shot of espresso."

Grinning she took the cup and stood to hug Taeyong

“How are you holding up Mimi?"

Sighing she set the cup down and trudged to the lad, “Everyone is so-blah"

chuckling , Taeyong plopped on the couch and was joined by Eunmi who had now discarded her pumps.

Eunmi placed her head on Taeyong's shoulder as he fiddled with her fingers.

“Just last week I was out flying around the Aspen air and now I’m confined to 127."

“Mi, you’re doing great. I heard that you’ve been visiting all of the branches last week.."

Eunmi nodded in response, “ I figured I’d familiarize myself with everything"

“But you need to relax. You can’t go from city to city without a break. Eat something."

Before Eunmi could say a remark Taeyong plugged his fingers in his ears,“Nope. Taeyong is not listening."

Eunmi rolled her eyes. Usually when it was just the two of them Taeyong’s playful side would come out.

This was how they were with one another. Comfortable.

Looking at his profile Eunmi thought to herself, “Are you like this with her?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Guess who's back