-14-

Earning Your Wings

“Did you know?”

 

“Know what hyung?”

At his snarky response Johnny threw the newspaper in front of Taeyong with the blaring headlines.

“This."

"That he’s back.”

 

The latter looked at the paper in front of him and his brows furrowed while his face garnered a prominent frown.

 

This morning’s paper had photos of Eunmi with Tuan Groups VP Mark Tuan. they were questioning if he was the reason Eunmi had been strong after her father’s passing.

There were photos of them walking around Hongdae, eating street food and even conversing at a coffee shop.

 

Taeyong started to rub the sides of his head as Johnny began to speak again, “neither sides have cleared the rumors.”

“It’s fine, Eunmi is a big girl. She knows what she’s doing”

“So if she really is dating Mark hyung it’s okay?”

Sighing Taeyong looked away to the side, “ I can’t tell her how to live her life. besides , I’m with Kyungri”

Johnny scrunched his nose at his response, “But ask yourself this... Are you happy with her? What has she done for you?”

 

“She’s done plenty of stuff”

“Oh really? Like clearing out the department stores with your credit cards?”

Taeyong’s brows furrowed as Johnny began to raise his voice, “hyung..what are you saying?”

“Maybe she isn’t who she seems. You should get your priorities in check”

“Who are you to tell me what to do?”

 

Frustrated Johnny only frowned, “you know what, I’m wasting my breath.”

“You know where the door is”

At his remark Johnny exited Taeyong’s office with a frown.

Taeyong took another glance at the paper, “what is exactly going on Mi..”

 


 

Johnny entered Eunmi’s office without notice and found it already occupied with a certain Tuan.

Looking up, Mark smiled at the male before Johnny gave him a bro hug, “Welcome back to Seoul Mark hyung”

“Nice to see you too Youngho”

“So..why exactly are you back hyung?”

Smiling at johnny’s blunt question he answered him straightforwardly, “Pa asked me if I wanted to take over the Korean branch and I said yes after I saw that Eunmi was back... 

Now tell me Johnny..

Why have I not seen Taeyong in the time frame that I’ve been back?”

 

“Uh..well hyung..you know you kind of make him uncomfortable..”

Mark’s brows furrowed, “still? But that was years ago”

“Well..he doesn’t really know what happened between you two and he’s just assumed “

 

Sighing Mark looked up as the doors opened to reveal a frustrated Eunmi.

Both Johnny and Mark looked to the girl as she started to take off her Dior pumps and walk to the couch that Mark was occupying.

She laid on the couch,

feet on Mark’s lap.

Mark chuckled as the girl continued with her rant.

“Idiots.. I work with a bunch of idiots."

Johnny looked to the girl with an amused look, “ and what exactly happened to you boo?”

“I ask them to do one simple thing and they managed to screw that up.”

In a calm tone mark smoothed the crease between her brows, “Mi.. just give them til the end of the day, they’ll fix it.”

“They better or their asses are fired”

Johnny and Mark both looked at one another until Johnny rolled his eyes, “you and your temper. Stop being such a firecracker.”

 

Eunmi got up from the couch to flick some papers at the latter as he chuckled at her failed attempt.

“Anyways. I came to ask you both to lunch with the gang.”

Tuan nodded in approval, “maybe now I’ll finally get to see TY”

“Yeah.. don’t count on that” Johnny muttered to noone and gathered Eunmi’s shoes to help place them back on her feet.

 

--------------------------------------------

My heart is filled with grief with the news of Jonghyun. Aside from DBSK, SHINee was one of the first K-POP groups that I listened to. They helped me throughout my highschool career..May his heart be at ease because he has made all of us smile in this life. You've done a good job Jonghyun and you will always be loved.