-18-

Earning Your Wings

 

Eunmi was in her office, overlooking the scenery of Seoul.

She finally finished reading the summary reports her directors gave her and sent the feedback.

Another day in the office.

She sighed as she heard the door open.

A hint of a shocked look was shown,“What’s wrong?”

“I can’t just drop by and check on my best friend?”

Shaking her head, Eunmi went to the couch and he followed suit.

They were now sitting across each other.

“It’s just..different TY”

“How so? I’m still your Taeyong and aren’t you still my Eunmi?”

The girl closed her eyes briefly before looking at him, “you know what I mean..you shouldn’t be here...it’s obvious that..Kyungri doesn’t like me”

At the mention of that Taeyong’s brows met for a second before he looked at the girl and took her hand in his, “that doesn’t matter, you’re my best friend..things aren’t suppose to change between us”

Slipping her hands out of his, she stood up and turned from him, “but you let it happen.”

Taeyong looked at her small frame before going up to her, only to be brushed off, “I-I think you should go”

He shook his head, “Mi..we need to talk”

“What’s there to talk about? You’re girlfriend doesn’t like me." she turned at combed her long hair with her hand before continuing, “I heard her talking..the day of the coronation..”

Taeyong shook his head, “It’s not like that Mi..she just needs to get to know you more..”

Frustrated, Eunmi looked at him with an exasperated look, “you don’t get it.. We’re not going to get along..we can’t be in the same room together. Why can’t you understand that?”

Taeyong furrowed his brows, “Mi you’re acting like a brat right now”

With a shocked expression she shook her head at him.

He wasn’t understanding that the two girls would never get along and it was frustrating her.

She pointed to the door and rubbed her temples with her other hand, “Leave.”

“Mi”

“Not now.. Please..just go..I-I have a headache”

Sighing, Taeyong walked to leave, Mark opened the door and looked at the scene before him with a raised brow.

Taeyong only nodded to him before rushing out.

Closing the door Mark walked up to the girl and opened his arm, “what happened Mi?”

She walked up to Mark’s arm and rested her head on his chest, “I told him..”

Mark then moved to hold the girls arms and looked into her eyes,“Told him what?”

“About Kyungri and I not getting along?”

“And?”

“H-He didn’t get it..”

“What’s there not to get?”

With an exaggerated sigh, she raised both of her hands in defeat, “Exactly! It’s not something so complicated..but he..he told me to try and get along with her”

Furrowing his brows Mark looked at the girl as she sat down, “and what are you going to do?”

Eunmi shrugged, “what can I do? it up or lose my best friend..”

Mark went to the girl and hugged her again, “Mi..”

She just shook her head.. “What do I even do now?”

 


 

Taeyong reached his car and loosened his tie roughly…

That wasn’t how it was suppose to go, he only went to see Eunmi to check on her.. And now, they just fought.

They never fought.

Something changed and he couldn’t figure out what it was.

All he wanted was for his girlfriend and his best friend to get along.. But by the looks of it, that wasn’t happening any time soon.

He didn’t know what came to him when he called her that..he never meant it but he was frustrated with her words and actions.

He hit his steering wheel as he replayed what just happened in his mind.

Brushing his face with both of his hands roughly he started the car and drove off, but not before looking at the building before him.

He sighed as he drove off..

What was he going to do?