-26-

Earning Your Wings

 

The girl opened her eyes and noticed the dimly lit room.

Compost waste and sewage was all her nose allowed her to smell.

She narrowed her eyes, trying to focus on the room she was in.

Her arms were tied together, legs bounded and she was gagged with tape and a cloth.

How long was she out?

Panic set throughout her body, she tried to wiggle free but to no avail the ropes were tight, this was the work of a professional.

She knew she had to find a way to escape.

Eunmi knew her brother would be a crazy mess and her friends would be equally frazzled.

She calmed herself as she thought of a plan to escape.

But before she could come up with anything she was disrupted when a familiar face entered the room.

 

“Well. well. Look who’s finally awake.”

Kyungri’s heels were the only thing heard in that room as she went up to Eunmi, forcefully grabbing her face in her hands.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you.”

Eunmi closed her eyes the moment Kyungri’s hands were on her face.

“Disgusting...did you sleep with someone to get your pilot’s license? I bet you did”

Eunmi kept silent.

Kyungri’s face twitched a bit but she went back to smiling as she continued to cackle on.

“You know. Nobody misses you. They’re all actually doing just fine without you.”

Kyungri threw Eunmi to the ground.

“Spoiled brat. Taeyong doesn’t need you when he has me.”

Kyungri walked away and patted the chests of the two goons before she left the room.

So it was her.

Why was she doing this?

Eunmi thought she left the girl enough space.

She really was crazy.


----------------------------------------------------
 

“3 days. It’s been 3 days and my sister is nowhere to be found”

Guan Lin threw the papers in his hand on the table in front of him.

His secretary was panicking and rushed to pick up the scattered papers.

Guan Lin turned his back to the police chief and looked outside his sister’s office.

Since she was gone, Guan Lin had to be in charge.

The stress and worry was eating him as he rarely got any sleep.

 

Taeyong walked in before the Police Chief could mutter in a word.

Dark circles were seen under his eyes and worry lines were starting to show.

“Leave us.”

The secretary and police chief dismissed themselves as they closed the door for Guan Lin and Taeyong.

“Hyung..where is she?”

Guan lin went to the older male and hung his head on his shoulder,

Taeyong patted his back for reassurance, “we’ll find her Lin, we have to.”


 

 

Taeyong walked in to his office, loosening his tie followed by Johnny.

They were in a 3 hour meeting and were barely able to focus.

Everyone’s thoughts were on finding Eunmi.

Alive.

 

It’s been a week and Guan Lin was a mess, Mark, along with Kris were in charge of Lai Empires temporarily as their friends deemed Guan Lin unable to focus.

Who would?

Taeyong sat in his chair as he massaged his ongoing migraine and before Johnny could muster up a comment the door to Taeyong’s office slammed open.

A smiling Kyungri entered and Johnny’s eyes couldn’t help but twitch.

While everyone was concerned and worrying about Eunmi, Kyungri acted as if nothing was wrong.

Johnny looked over to his cousin and his brows furrowed at Taeyong.

The girl was babbling on about a purse she wanted but couldn’t get her hands on it.

Taeyong was, of course, ignoring the girl, swimming in his own thoughts and just handed the girl his card to which she squealed, “I knew I could count on you”

“More like you can count on his money..”

Kyungri looked at Johnny with a raised brow but got up and left.

As she was leaving Johnny raised his hand with a beautiful gesture, “witch”

Taeyong turned to Johnny with a sigh, “ why are you here?”

“I came to check on you. If anyone is taking this disappearance hard it’s you and Lin”

“I..”

“No. you’re hurting, don’t lie. I know you well TY”

Taeyong had his head in his hands with an exasperated look, “There’s nothing. Nobody has found anything and life, right now, is frustrating. I don’t even know what to do…”

“Call him.”

Taeyong looked at Johnny but nodded his head.

“I might have to..”