-30-

Earning Your Wings

 

Taeyong was in his office going over the files that he neglected when two men in suits entered along with his brother, “hyung”

“No need to get up, you’re going to need to sit for this..”

Taeyong’s brows furrowed as he listened in on what his brother had to say.

“How much do you know about that girl that you’re dating?”

Taeyong looked up at his brother before letting a sigh escape,“Look. If you’re here to talk about how Kyungri is using me for my money I already talked about it with her..”

Jaejoong looked at the younger with a platonic look before mumbling to himself , “I have no idea what Eunmi sees in this block head..”

 

“What hyung?”

Instead of replying Jaejoong hands him a set of documents.

As Taeyong reads this contents his frown lines become more and more apparent

 

“This isn’t real..”

“You’re questioning me?”

“T-this..this doesn’t make any sense..h-how?”

“The proof is all there..I’m sorry you had to find out this way..”

Taeyong's brows furrowed deeper than ever as he reread the documents and looked over the photos twice more.

 

As if on cue, Kyungri prances into Taeyong’s office, placing a cup of coffee on his desk and going up to him to place a kiss on his cheek.

This time Taeyong dodges her as she was about to kiss him.

Her brows furrow and her smile slides off for a microsecond until she slips the same fake smile back on.

Taeyong stepped back and took a look at the girl in front of him with mixed emotions, how can someone like her do something despicable?

 

“What’s wrong yeobo?”

In response of a ragging fit, he throws the same documents his brother, who was sitting on the sofa with crossed legs, watching the scene unfold before him while sipping on his latte, at the foot of her legs.

As they scattered in front of her, her eyes widened

“Explain.”

He stressed the word with a hardened look.

She knelt down to collect the contents, “I-I...I-It’s not”

“Don’t give me that BS, you can’t claim that it’s not what it looks like when there’s evidence.”

Kyungri turned her face to the side as Taeyong glared at her with a mixtured look of hurt and anger.

“You lied to me.”

Every sentence came with an obvious hint of malice.

“You hurt my friends.”

The rage overpowered his hurt feelings as he grit his teeth, “You..You used me!”

Slowly Kyungri got up after gathering the photos and documents, she looked up to see Taeyong turn his back on her.

As she tried to take his hand in hers he quickly pulled away, “Get out. Do not ever come in front of me or my friends ever again.”

With no chance of looking back Kyungri bit her lip and hesitated.

The doors opened and his secretary was there along with the police, “ma'am, you’re going to have to come with us..”

Kyungri’s face was void of emotions as she was cuffed and escorted to jail, while Taeyong looked up to the ceiling and plopped in his seat while sighing.

Jaejoong just watched as Taeyong rubbed his temples, “wow.”

 

---------------------

 

A few days after Eunmi woke up she was given the okay to be released and was on her way to her car, checking her emails.

Apparently Kyungri found a way. 

Some way, to escape before arriving at the prison.

She pinched the bridge of her nose at the latest news.

Great.

The convict is on the run.

Sighing she got in her car and dialed her secretary’s number.

“We have our people searching for her”

“Good. Make sure this doesn’t get out to the media.”

“Yes ma’am. Will you be heading to your home?”

“I’m getting Lin first and heading to dinner”

“Understood ma’am. We will keep you updated on the matter.”

Hanging up she sped to Guan Lin’s campus.


 

The crew was complete now at the Lai residence.

They were outside enjoying a bonfire barbeque that Johnny insisted.

Eunmi rested her head on Guan Lin’s shoulder as Lisa was talking about the latest fashion show she worked.

Jaehyun and Taeyong were manning the grill while Ten was serving the drinks.

“How are you feeling Mimi”

Lisa looked at her with a bit of concern.

“I’m fine, just a bit tired”

Guan Lin nodded at her and pushed the plate of barbeque chicken in front of her, “you need more food in you Jie”

“Yes yes.”

She took a chicken wing and headed on over to Taeyong who was now manning the grill by himself since Jaehyun went inside to grab the rest.

Taeyong looked up at her presence.

When he heard that she woke up he dropped everything and rushed to the hospital where he constantly apologized to the girl for everything that happened.

All was forgiven as Eunmi went next to him, watching him flip the skewers.

 

“Go sit back down, you’ll get smoke inhalation”

Scrunching her nose she swatted at Taeyong who was clipping his tongs at her.

“I thought you would get lonely without Jaehyunnie”

Taeyong rolled his eyes as he nudged the girl playfully

“Oh yeah. So lonely”

She chuckled as he played along and leaned on his side, “thanks for rescuing me”

He paused slightly before looking at her, “Mi you know I would always be there for you.”

“I know. I’m just..glad you did”