-11-

Earning Your Wings

 

**************************

News broke out and all hell broke loose.

The Lai’s were in mourning and the entire world shook.

Eunmi had another placated look on her face as she addressed the media, “Aboji was a strong man, I only wish that I will live up to expectations as I will now be the CEO of the Lai Empire. We wish to mourn in peace, so please respect our wishes. Thank you.”

 

Johnny looked away from the TV to call out to the girl, “Mi, good job with those camera hungry people."

Lisa nodded at johnny’s comment, “they’re like a bunch of hyena’s.. They never leave us alone."

Jaehyun agreed as he was cooking breakfast.

Their friends decided to stay with the two so they didn’t feel like they were alone.

 

**********************************************************
 

Black.

Everything was black.

Everyone was dressed in black.

And Eunmi could only sigh as she stared at the traditional garment in front of her, dyed in black.

 

It was the day of the funeral processions for her father and everything seemed so surreal.

She went up to touch the garment, only to have tears shed, “what am I supposed to do now? What if i’m not good enough?”

“You’re doing a good job Mi.”

The girl turned quickly to the lad who interrupted her thoughts and her lips quivered.

 

Taeyong took two long strides and easily reached the girl and caught the tears falling from her cheeks.

In an instant he was engulfed by her tiny arms, to which he gently rubbed her back in a soothing motion, calming her down.

“I don’t think I can do it TY”

The latter gently lifted her chin with his finger and looked down into her warm but sad eyes, “yes. You can. You’re Eunmi. My Eunmi. You can do anything.”

She closed her eyes to collect her thoughts and snuggled into his embrace, “thanks for being here.”

“Always Mi. always.”

 


 

After the procession Eunmi was in the continuous motion of thanking and receiving condolences from her father’s collegues, business partners and friends.

A familiar couple went up to her and her brother and gave them each big hugs.

“Thank you for being here Lee Imo and Samchon.”

“We’re so sorry dear, and we hope Taeyong is taking care of you guys,” the elder lady said with a warm yet sad smile.

“Hyung is Imo”

“Glad to hear it Lin, don’t forget to drop by some time for dinner you two”

“Don’t worry samchon, we will,” Eunmi replied with a small smile.

 

As the couple left, Guan Lin went to his sister and placed his head on her shoulder, “Jie..what do we do now?”

Sighing, she started to pat the younger’s head in a comforting motion, “don’t worry didi, jie will take care of everything. You just worry about school”

 

At the thought guan lin looked at his sister with furrowed brows, “but Jie..that’s too much, even for you.. I can.”

“No. focus on your schooling, I can handle the Empire until you’re done. I’ve taken care of the other subsidiaries before Lin.”

nodding , he knew it would be a losing argument if he tried to talk her out of it, so he let her be.

"I'll figure out something.." she said in a half whisper as she closed her eyes.