-23-

Earning Your Wings

 

There wasn’t a change in pace for Eunmi once she got to Hong Kong.

The usual business meetings with the board and head directors, occasional lunches and dinners with Kris, Jackson and the rest of the crew in China, wallowing in papers for her to sign.

Typicl work day.

Only a week had passed since she left Seoul and the phone calls and text messages never ceased from her friends and younger brother.

But she didn’t expect any less.

It was just a day in the life of Eunmi.

Today was no different.

Eunmi looked up as her secretary knocked on her office doors to inform her that Kris had arrived.

Kris was with Eunmi most of the week as their business’ were in a partnership and they grew up together.

He made sure she was comfortable with being in Hong Kong again.

He stepped in and greeted the girl with a kiss on the cheek and some coffee.

“You look stressed Mei”

“And you look angry all the time”

Her secretary let out a chuckle to which Kris glared at the girl as she sipped on the coffee he brought her.

“Is it already lunch time?”

Kris nodded at the girl as she got up to get her coat, he had the coat in his hands and placed it on the girl, “if I don’t get you for lunch I swear you would skip it and continue working. We don’t need you as a twig Mei. eat more”

“Whatever Yi Fan”

Kris scowled playfully at the girl as they made their way down.

Eunmi was dressed in a white thin strapped top with a skirt covered in black mesh in red pumps and a red blazer over her shoulders. While Kris accompanied her in a navy suit, red tie combo.

As they reached the bottom floors out of the Lai Empire building with employees lined up to bow at the two business moguls.

 

 

Eunmi was sipping on her tea as Kris placed soup dumblings on her plate.

“How is the Wu dragon?”

Kris chuckled at the nickname.

"Same old same old. You know business life."

Kris was the youngest conglomerate to come into power in the business industry and he had a reputation to be a “dragon”.

He accepted no faults in his company and people who have worked with him or for him have claimed to never see a smile or anything sort of emotion, let alone talk more than one word.

Yet here he was, full of vigor and conversation.

But that was only when he was with his friends, including the young heiress, Eunmi was like a little sister to him, even if people doubted that.

The two were seen joking and Kris smiled when he was with her and the people even wondered if the two were dating with how Kris doted on the girl, like what he was doing now.

“People are idiots and they’re lucky to have their jobs right now.”

“You need a chill pill Yi Fan”

He gave her a straight face look and tossed a carrot her way, “whatever and you forgot the Ge”

 

 

The two were now strolling along the busy streets of the street market as Eunmi had one arm around his arm.

They decided to take a walk before heading back to their stuffy offices.

Kris was explaining to her how the market was thriving more during the night time as the younger generation had found ways to adapt and change the city and Eunmi listened to him intently, nodding occasionally.

Every now and then she would get bumped by the general public who were scrambling to get to their final destinations and Kris decided to pull her into a mall where the crowds were a bit controlled.

They were now in Gucci as Kris urged her to pick something out, Eunmi only looked at the products and tried some shoes on.

Kris was sitting on the couch as he let the girl wonder around the boutique.

“What about these?”

She held out a pair of black leather sneakers with spikes.

Typical Eunmi fashion.

Comfortable and in black.

Kris chuckled a bit and the attendants swore their souls left their bodies for a brief moment when he smiled.

Eunmi noticed and playfully rolled her eyes.

Her giant of a friend always attracted everyone’s attention and she found it amusing when they acted like little school girls when he cracked the slightest emotion.

“I want them”

Kris nodded and took the pair from her and proceeded to hand the attended the shoes and a black card before taking the bag in his hand.

“Is there anywhere else you’d like to go to?”

“Can I get another Alpaca?”

“Didn’t Taeyong buy you the entire collection already?”

“Not all of them!”

Kris rolled his eyes and let the girl drag him into the Arkpaksoo store.

He went to the girl as she was eyeing the collection, “speaking of Taeyong. Has there been any progress?”

Eunmi’s brows furrowed.

Why do her friends always insist on talking about Taeyong when they were alone with her?

“I’m sure you’ve heard Ge.”

“I have but I want to hear from you MeiMei”

“His girlfriend is annoying and she hates me”

“Why is that?”

“I overheard her talking to another male and I was telling Taeyong about it but instead of talking to her he yelled at me and told me I was being a child about it.”

“You looked into her background didn’t you?”

“I didn’t..”

“Has he said anything to you?”

“Only to be careful. She seems like a normal person..but something is just off about her.”

“Mei, I know how you are with other girls..”

“I have female friends..”

Kris rolled his eyes, “you know what I mean.”

“Okay, okay. So I tend to not play nice sometimes. Girls just..sometimes are too overly dramatic for me.”

“If you say so Mei..Just talk to him before something happens.”

The girl bit her lip before taking a plush in her hands and walking to the cashier, “maybe..”

------------------------------------

Hey guys, if you noticed I try my best to include photos so you get an idea of what I'm describing. Let me know if I should keep doing that or not. Also I've been doing my best to update often. I actually have this story written out almost fully in another format and I'm hoping to finish this series soon! If you guys know any good artists for covers let me know please! 
It's so empty right now T^T

-Authornim out