-1-

Earning Your Wings

"Good afternoon ladies and gentleman, this is your captain speaking, it is currently 10:45am, there are some scattered clouds but it’s going to be a beautiful and sunny day here in sunny San Diego. Please fasten your seatbelts as we’re about to land and thank you for flying with Thai Airways."

 

After landing the captain greeted all the passengers as they exited and waved goodbye.

 

Gathering her luggage she exited the plane to enter the terminal with her luggage and right as she had connection her phone buzzed.

 

Before she could pick up her phone her younger brother spoke quickly, "Jie, What’s your location?"

 

"Cali"

"Ah, jie, when are you coming back home?"

"Guan, I told you my schedule before I left Hong Kong and you're mixing speaking Konglish again."

"Well. okay. But why couldn’t you have chosen the flight that was landing in Seoul?"

"I just wanted to visit the beach"

"We have one here"

 

Eunmi rolled her eyes as her brother flipped languages again, "Lin it's not the same."

 

"Yes it is! There's water and sand! How different can it be?"

"Don’t you have class or something?’'

'‘Spring break jie. Visit your didi. Pali’'

 

Before she could rebut, a click was heard. Typical Guan lin, he never waited for people to reply. She giggled at her brother, always a noona hog. Ever since their mother passed when they were children he stuck to her like glue, even now that hasn’t changed.

-------------------------------------------------