-4-

Earning Your Wings

Sighing. Eunmi nodded. She understood. She knew eventually she would have to go back. Guan lin couldn’t do it alone and now that their father was in the hospital, there was even more urgency.

"I understand ahjussi. I’ll be there soon. Send me the hospital details. I’m flying there now"

 

Eunmi jumped into her Cessna TTx private jet and flew her way to seoul.

It was around midnight when landed her jet on the helipad of the hospital. She rushed to the room her father was in and saw guan lin gripping his hand.

"I thought I told you guys no-"

Guan lin looked up and as soon as he saw it was his sister, he rushed to her and engulfed her in a hug.

She patted his back as he cried on his shoulder, she looked up at the ceiling while puffing out some air while rubbing soothing circles on Guan lin’s back.

 

 

After Guan lin let her go, Eunmi went to speak with the head doctor.

"The results don’t look good young miss."

She was handed the lab results of her father's condition and her brows furrowed. His health was declining rapidly and the doctors stated that he didn’t have long.

Eunmi looked over into the room where guan lin was praying by her father’s side and slowly closed her eyes.

It’s time.

****************

Once word broke out that the Lai elder was hospitalized, the media went crazy. The Lai’s were known as a very secretive family with traditions that dated way back. They only allowed what they wanted to be seen to be shown,

So the Lai elder being in the hospital was a shock to everyone.

 

 

When the young elites had word that their Uncle Lai was in the hospital the boys called Guan lin while heading to the hospital with no hesitation.

Jaehyun was the first to arrive and was escorted to the room. His eyes widened as he saw a pair of familiar honey brown eyes staring back at him.

Eunmi rushed to Jaehyun as he too engulfed her in a hug with a kiss on her hair.

"Mi- you’re back~"

Letting go of Jaehyun, Johnny, Ten and Lisa joined them and was equally shocked.

"Boy that was quick. I thought you’d at least come the next day", Johnny tried to ease the thick air in the room as he kissed Eunmi’s cheek.

"When Secretary Noh called, I knew something was wrong so I flew the jet as fast as I could to get here."

"How is he Mi?," Ten asked as he gave her a brief hug and kissed her other cheek.

Eunmi glanced at her father briefly before facing her friends as Lisa squeezed her hand, not letting go.

"Not good.." she shook her head and was hoping to see a certain face but she just sighed.

----------------------------------

And honestly, they're all loveable dorks~