-3-

Earning Your Wings

 

In the restaurant, a group of young elites were enjoying their lunch when Taeyong and his girlfriend stepped in.

"Ding dong the witch is here", Lisa commented as she rolled her eyes and glared at Ten who was looking everywhere except at his twin.

Her brother had told her that it would just be their group.

Jaehyun was chatting with Guan lin about some business project as Taeyong and Kyungri walked to their table.

Johnny looked up from his convo with Ten and Lisa to greet them, "TY...and tail"

Taeyong nodded and patted his shoulder while Kyungri greeted everyone with a smile and let her hand rest on Jaehyun’s shoulder

He twitched a little as he felt her patting his shoulder. It freaked him out when females he didn't know well were overly friendly and that's just what Kyungri was.

"Did you guys already order?"

Ten nodded in response to Taeyong ,"yeah. Lamb salad with fregola and island duck with mulberry sauce"

Kyungri scrunched her nose and called over the waiter, " we’re canceling the lamb and duck, instead we will have the house salad with fore gras and truffle potatoes."

Guan lin couldn't help but roll his eyes for the nth time.

********

Eunmi was enjoying her time off and was strolling along venice beach after some surf time.

She enjoyed the breeze as she fiddled with her long Gucci cardigan, having the sun shine on her slightly tanned skin.

This was her life and she loved every bit of it.

 

After her stroll she arrived at the beach house and noticed that she had a couple of missed calls from Secretary Noh, her father’s personal secretary.

Eunmi grabbed a glass of water and plopped herself by her golden retriever, Duke, as she dialed back.

"Secre-"

"Aghasshi!"

There was a sense of urgency Eunmi heard in his voice which made her sit up and stop petting Duke.

"Secretary Noh? What’s wrong?"

"I-it’s..your father...he’s in the ICU"

Eunmi dropped her water, as Duke tilted his head at her when she shot up.

"What do you mean? explain."

"He was walking around the garden alone when he had a , one of the maids noticed him on the ground and he was immediately rushed to the hospital."

Eunmi bit her lip as secretary noh continued. Two days ago she had talked to her father about her flight to london and he didn’t mention that anything was wrong.

"Aghasshi..we..we need you back here asap. Lai Empire needs you"