After: 06 16

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

There were noises buzzing at his ears. It was a constant low drone, but it was irritating his ears so much. Wasn't he dead? Did the underworld he came to become annoying? Wasn't the underworld silent? The shaking came next, followed by murmured exclamations of "Wake up!". Namjoon tried to tune them out. Since when the dead become that noisy?

 

Finally, he couldn't take it and his eyes flew open. He jerked his arm away from the person and glared at the intruder. He was going to have a peaceful death, but it. He was going to kill this person before he had his way. "Oh, thank goodness you're awake! I was so worried oppa! They said you would wake within a day but it's been a week!" The female said, worry in her eyes.

 

Namjoon fought the urge to smile when she said oppa. It had such a nice ring..focus Kim Namjoon! He tried to maintain his glare and tried, to harshly say his words. "Where's Jimin?" And it came out hoarse and desperate. your mind, maintain you idiot!

 

"Who's Jimin?"

 

××₰××

 

"I'm sorry but Park Jimin doesn't exist along with the other 5 you've mentioned - namely Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook."

 

Those words were the only thing that rang in his mind the entire day. He didn't believe them, even if he had asked them repeatedly. He couldn't believe what they weren't real. He had died together with them. It didn't make sense at all, to have survived and not found any trace of them.

 

When he woke up, he was told he was put in a stimulation that lasted years, namely days in the faculty. He was a robot that was developed to have sentimental roots, which was successful in their stimulation. The girl that he first saw was the second prototype. Ironically, he thought of Adam and Eve when he heard of this. Now what, they're going to make them mate to have robot kids?

 

And indeed it was true that Namjoon felt like smacking himself. Now what he could do was to avoid her like the plague. She was unbearably clingy and it was annoying Namjoon to his limits. He didn't want to burst at the poor girl, but it was really testing his tolerance so bad that he wanted to swear like a sailor.

 

Enough said on his robot nonsense. He felt so real, like a human. But when they opened him up did he believe them. All talk of him being human was gone and he was in slight despair. Were the feelings he invested in these people not real? He was puzzled and confused. Why did he have to go through this? He believed they were real, for years and even until the moment till he died. And all was just a test for potential investors. Is that what used felt like?

 

His entire mood now was just very much censored swearing in his mind. It was in such a state of disarray that he was sure the wires that made up his brain was just tangled and fried. The miracle that he was still working after the heat he generated while thinking so hard was amazing.

 

××₰××

 

 

I'm just writing this so you know

I haven't gone crazy amidst the madness

So when can we meet like the old times

Even if it's just for a brief moment

Seeing you will make everything alright

So answer me, tell me even

Where did you go so I can come find you

Tell you of all my bizarre days

So you can laugh with all your might

And find me ridiculous

But yet, I'm satisfied with just that>

 

Namjoon stopped scribbling. He scratched his neck in thought and tapped his pencil against the desk, the constant beat soothing the rushing waves in his mind. He needed to think, clearly in this situation. There was no use rushing head first and bleeding out in this situation. It was clearly disadvantageous if he were to use this method.

 

 

A day may come when we die

But no, it's not today!>

 

He walked out of the room and to the entrance, stepping into the sunlight. He believed that he could find them at the least, based on what he could remember from them.

 

××₰××

 

He saw him. Really. But he couldn't recognise him at all. They had no recollection of what he remembered. Did something go wrong somehow?

 

He went missing the next day.

 

××₰××

 

In the sea of flashing cameras and questions thrown his way, he stood at the side observing. He was what he remembered, but he just looked so young and lost. He ended up walking away after mumbling something that he couldn't quite catch.

 

He went missing too, the next day.

 

××₰××

 

Was it a coincidence? That he saw them one day and gone missing the next?

 

 

all that lame excuses life gets you to

Quit being a victim be the offender instead

At least you won't be bullied while in a position of power−>

 

Namjoon scrunched up the piece of paper in frustration. Everything was not coming right. His mind was just spiralling deeper into the black oblivion of mixed feelings. It was like whatever he remembered couldn't be just right. He wanted to meet them. He knew they are real, he was so sure of it. But he saw the both of them and they disappeared.

 

××₰××

 

"Have you tried convincing him, Whistelia?" A man's voice slowly said. "I can't do it, professor. Ask someone else." She replied back, unconsciously gulping. "Do it. You hear me?" The professor said again, with an eerily calm tone. She could feel the underlying threat hidden under his words. She nodded after hesitating.

 

Namjoon pulled back from the door. He sighed internally and ran a hand through his hair, messing it up. Now I have one more major trouble to settle. Where the heck are you guys when I need you?

 

The next few days made Namjoon stay at his place. He didn't want to step out because he knew what to expect. He had ignored the numerous doorbell rings throughout the day and focused on his computer, even turning the phone to airplane mode to make sure he won't be distracted.

 

Hours of searching the archives he managed to hack into after a day. The occasional breaks of filling himself with water or stuffing himself with food. It seemed like a marathon, with him fighting to stay awake with coffee and also trying to search for the tiniest cracks that would bring him somewhere. It felt so depressing that he couldn't find many things except their names.

 

It was infuriating.

 

And it was just like that? Game over?

 

××₰××

 

He rapped on the door twice, the knocks echoing in the quiet hallway. A muffled "Come in" came from within and his hand reached to twist the doorknob open. He took a deep breath and dived in. The rush of cool air welcomed him like a friend and foe. It was welcome to cool his heated body and also a preamp for the battle ahead. He strode up to him. Taking a deep breath, he began.

 

"Professor." He started, pursing his lips. He hummed in reply, waiting for Namjoon to continue. "Tell me their whereabouts." He said, staring at the eyes. The professor hummed in reply. "Who's their?" He said while scribbling on the pad. Namjoon's hands clenched and unclenched. He could feel the beginnings of his temper flaring up, but he needed to control. Patience was the key to obtain what he needed.

 

His hand moved over to the gun he was holding and he took it out, clocking it at the Professor. "Now now, do you have to force me to show my hand after you do?" The professor said, smirking a little. "Give me what I need and your of a life will still be as y as ever." Namjoon spat.

 

The professor pressed the button and the holograms appeared. Them. Namjoon gasped and asked. "Where are they?" He said, his gun dipping a little. "They do not exist." The professor repeated. Namjoon was dazed. No, no. "But I saw them in real life."

 

"It's a coincidence, I'm sure of it." Namjoon pulled the safety and placed his hand on the trigger. "Just tell me their whereabouts." He growled. His head was slowly losing the power to adhere to reason. Suddenly he felt something cold on his temple. He glanced to the left to see her. "Put your gun down." She said calmly. Namjoon was shocked. When did she come in? His hand with the gun lowered and fell limply at his side.

 

"Thank you. Now Whistelia, will you try getting this stubborn mind of his that they are not real?" The professor spoke with a hint of irritation present in his voice. The professor even pulled up the holograms of the other six and slashed through it to make his point across. Namjoon closed his eyes and shook his head as if denying this reality would bring them back. The professor sighed yet again and looked to Whistelia, giving her a subtle nod.

 

"Kill me," Namjoon interjected before Whistelia could open . It was filled with a raw grief and desperation was radiating off him. Whistelia closed her eyes. He just had to pull this, at this juncture. It was as if he had planned this, and was getting him to play right into his trap. She opened her eyes and looked at the professor. The professor's eyes were filled with sadness and also resignation.

 

I guess their plan backfired on them. Shame on you, Kim Namjoon. She pushed the trigger back and the bullet was released, burying itself into the head. Namjoon jerked from the impact, falling sideways. His body made a spasmodic motion before falling still, his eyes wide open.

 

She knelt in front of his body and placed her hand on his. "You're welcome." She whispered. Putting her gun away, she gathered Namjoon up.

 

"I'll get going." She bowed a little and went out of the door.

 

××₰××

 

He opened the door to see Whistelia about to knock on the door. "Come in." He said and left the door open. He heard the door close and he turned to her. He suddenly hugged her, his long arms enveloping her frame easily. His head was nestled in the crook of her shoulder and he sighed.

 

"I must be dreaming, am I?" Whistelia whispered, her hand hovering over Namjoon. She was taken aback by his sudden intimate gesture when all she got was just ignorance and avoidance. She didn't know how to react to this. "I'm dreaming too, you know?" Namjoon said in a faraway tone, not answering Whistelia's question. She pulled back, looking at him. Namjoon's face was red, and he felt a little too warm.

 

Drunk.

 

"I'm not drunk-hic" he slurred, a silly smile on his face. It was that happy expression she saw when she was reviewing the footage of his stimulation. It was part of her research to gain more information so as to get closer to him, but in the end, it was just useless. Whistelia envied the fake 6 guys he was with because it brought out the Kim Namjoon she wanted to meet. Whistelia slowly guided Namjoon to the couch and set him down. Namjoon searched his pockets, and he took out a piece of paper. He handed it over to Whistelia, his smile still there.

 

"Kill me if you have to. Don't ever hesitate, because I'll be thanking you for that."

 

××₰××

 

My eyes opened, squinting at the bright lights ahead. My hand jerked upwards and tried to shield the light.

 

"Moni!" A female's voice exclaimed. A blurry view of her appeared in my vision. "Do- Do I know you?" My dry throat rasped. She nodded furiously, her head bobbing up and down.

 

"Of course. I'm Whistelia, your best friend." A sudden sad smile appeared on her face, and it disappeared as fast as it came.

 

"I'm sorry I don't remember you," I said apologetically. Honestly, no memory came up when she told me her name. Her face didn't ring any bells either.

 

"It's okay, we can start over." She replied with a bright yet forlorn smile.