Epilogue

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

The adrenaline and the thrill drained out. It was illusionary to think it was fun, but it ain't. I coughed again, blood was continuously flowing. Jimin was looking like he's going to break down. "I'm sorry." I gasped, raising a bloodied hand up to his cheek.

 

"Don't," Jimin closed his eyes, more tears streaming down his face. Oh by the angels…I don’t want to leave you too. I smiled despite the dire situation I was in. I chose this. I couldn't let him die. I would be nothing without him. If anything, he has to survive.

 

A distance away, a few bodies twitched. They were dead, with pools of blood around them. All with a knife stuck in the head or the throat. They had tried to attack Jimin when he was out with Seokjin, but Seokjin took them all down.

 

But, someone managed to get close to Jimin. He was about to deliver the killing strike when Seokjin appeared, taking the blow. Ignoring the pain, he bought the knife through the person's head and sliced down. All the adrenaline up to this died down, and he loosened his grip on the knife.

 

Jimin was shell-shocked, frozen. He was broken out of his frozen state when he saw Seokjin turn back and smiling before vomiting out blood and falling. He ran over and knelt down, cradling Seokjin's neck. He was trying to speak amongst the blood spilling out, but Jimin was already crying and desperate to save him that he didn't hear much of them.

 

It was only when Seokjin placed a hand on his cheek did he realise, Seokjin was trying to say something. "I.. love... you.." he was trying to say, his smile widening to show his blood-stained teeth.

 

"My dear, you aren't at fault. You tried to save me," Seokjin continued, rasping harshly. Jimin was dreading this moment. He knew Seokjin had run out of luck, and this was the last bit of time he could have. He wanted to deny and furiously scream at the sky, but he couldn't. All that could be for later.

 

"I love you," he choked out, tears still blurring his face. He took Seokjin's hands and kissed them. His fingers brushed off Seokjin's hair and his lips kissed them, tasting the rusty copper of his blood. His fingers trembled as they traced Seokjin's face, trying to imprint all this in his mind because it was the last time he could this. His lips went down again to touch Seokjin's, ignoring the copper taste but feeling the softness of Seokjin's lips, remembering how they taste like - blooming, pink cherry blossoms in all its innocence - and branding it in his memory. Seokjin's lips turned up. Breaking contact, they looked at each other.

 

Seokjin drew his last breath and broke into a full-blown smile, radiating all that innocence and happiness. Time seemed to slow down as his face then went slack, head lolling to the side. Death has come to fetch him, to a better place.