06 11

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

"We got a situation," Seokjin announced one day. The boys were sprawled out in various positions. Something particularity funny was how Jimin was on top of Jungkook, and Jungkook's facial expression seemed to be in the middle of torture and pleasure. Hoseok was back hugging Yoongi who was fast asleep with his head leaning forward. Seokjin knew he had burned the midnight oil yesterday tinkering with the mechanics, but he had no time to ignore that.

 

"Guys, listen." He loudened his voice and placed an authoritative tone. All of them looked up, suddenly sensing the urgency in Seokjin's tone. Yoongi, who was rubbing the sleep from his eyes, blearily asked. "What is it, hyung?"

 

"As you know, the attack on the Blue House was successful. At the same time, I've tracked out some threats to us. They are especially difficult to deal with because they're somehow related to the upper society and government. We need to eliminate them per se, yet we have to cover our tracks well enough. I will need to devise an operation and training schedule. Namjoon," he nodded towards the purple haired guy who was pulling out his notepad. He shifted his gaze towards Hoseok and Jungkook. "Your skills need to be more polished, as well as Taehyung and Jimin. In addition, your teamwork has to be in perfect sync. That's it for now before I announce the operation. Yoongi, I'll talk to you after I've finished the discussion with Namjoon."

 

He then beckoned to Namjoon and they got over to the kitchen table. Pulling out his phone, he got out the background checks he ran and pushed the phone to Namjoon. Namjoon just hummed as he glanced through the details, his fingers slowly flicking up to bring the screen down. Seokjin folded his arms and sighed. "It will be a hard one." Namjoon stole those words from Seokjin. He feigned surprise. "Oh, so the strategical genius is helpless too? Great." He sarcastically quipped, earning a snort from the younger. He waved his arms dramatically as he shook his head.

 

"Don't mock me, hyung. This just needs a little more brain power than usual. I didn't pass your test for no reason." Namjoon spoke lowly, earning a chuckle from Seokjin. He patted Namjoon's back and got off his chair. "I'll be off to Yoongi then. Give me a reply by tonight, even if it's just a rough sketch." Namjoon hummed shortly and redirected his gaze to the phone in front of him. Time to get to work. This Rubix Cube ain't going to solve itself without input.

 

Seokjin walked up to the door in front of him. He rapped the door with his knuckles and waited. There was no reply and Seokjin tested the doorknob. It was unlocked. "I'm coming in," he called as he twisted the doorknob. Swinging the door open, he peered into the room. It was dimly lit with only a light shining on a running computer. Seokjin walked to it and peered at it. There was a lot of gibberish but Seokjin suddenly spotted a red "Error!" stamped across some numbers. His mind whirled as he tried to recall what he was taught. That technical knowledge he had gotten in the army, might help.

 

Seokjin heard a moan, and he jolted out of his thoughts. He seemed to hear it from the southeast direction. Softly padding over, he went towards the source of the sound. Another moan reached Seokjin's ears, and it seemed to be a man's voice. Confusion coursed through Seokjin's thoughts. Wasn't Yoongi supposed to be holed up in front of the computer, working?

 

He went closer and his foot made contact with the liquid. He looked down and dipped a finger in it. Placing the finger in his mouth, he tasted something metallic. A copper smell filled the air and it sent Seokjin's mind into a frenzy. Is Yoongi..? He saw a black figure lying somewhere and it was . "Help.." it croaked.

 

Seokjin rushed over and examined the figure. It was Yoongi, and he seemed to be bleeding. He had a hand over his neck, and Seokjin gasped. His mind was sent into a frenzy. "Yoongi, Yoongi!" Seokjin called, softly shaking him. His eyes opened and he cracked into a smile. "Oh hyung is here."

 

"Tell me what to do, quick! Don't you have a clone in standby? Let's shift you into it!" Seokjin frantically said, trying to rack up the procedure that Yoongi had taught him before. "Get my wires.." Yoongi weakly said. It helped Seokjin to recall and he quickly ran to get the wires. Booting them to a machine, he pressed the wires to Yoongi's temple. The machine whirred as it loaded. Seokjin ran into a room filled with life-sized cylinders and looked around, trying to find the correct clone. There!

 

He found one of Yoongi suspended in a greenish solution. Skimming the information panel in front of him, he checked its growth progress. 100%. Perfect. Loading the cylinder onto a small cart, he wheeled it to where Yoongi was. Yoongi was starting to spasm as his body began shutting down due to major blood loss. Seokjin glanced at the machine and saw it had finished loading. Gripping another wire, he connected to the clone's panel and selected "Transfer". The machine hummed loudly as it began. The limbs of Yoongi's clone twitched, showing signs of life. Seokjin exhaled in relief but he looked at the Yoongi who was dead. Another to clean up. He grabbed some disinfectant and cloth and began wiping up the mess.

 

There was a sound as the gas released, unlocking Yoongi from his cylinder. Wiggling his arms, he tilted sideways as one of his legs suddenly buckled. "Whoa." He said, hands pressed against the cylinder to balance himself. "Welcome back." Seokjin's voice made him look up. He was grasping Yoongi's previous body in his hands. "Place him in the cylinder. He's still usable." Yoongi said, mumbling a little as his tongue was getting used to enunciating speech. After all, the body he grew had only been stagnant for 8 years and it was its first time in motion.

 

Seokjin placed the limp body of Yoongi in the case. Yoongi had already strode over and came back with a few bottles of blue liquid. "Nutrition, alright," Yoongi announced as he closed the cylinder and poured the blue liquid into a hole using a funnel. The liquid rose up to Yoongi's knees and Yoongi pressed a button. The volume inside began decreasing. "That's impressive," Seokjin said, a note of awe in his tone. "All thanks to you."

 

Yoongi smiled to Seokjin. "But what was that just now?" Seokjin immediately got to the point. "Accident." Yoongi murmured a note of embarrassment in his voice. Seokjin couldn't help but laughed. His shoulders shook as he laughed, clutching his stomach and slapping his leg.

 

"Hey, at least it wasn't assassination!" Yoongi yelled in embarrassment, a tinge of red spread on his cheeks. Seokjin straightened up and made his face serious.

 

"Got it, I'll stop. Now back to business." Seokjin said as he stifled in his impulse to laugh.

 

××₰××

 

Clones..?

 

Revival..?