09 01

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

He was gasping for air, feeling something press down on his throat. It was cold and unrelenting, not sparing him a chance to struggle with the little energy he had. His eyes flew open, making contact with the sky blues of Taehyung's eyes.

 

"Hyung." He managed to push out, his hands scrabbling to pull Taehyung's hands away. But they were too weak to even place a strong grip on Taehyung's hands to try to pull them away. "How are you feeling, Experiment 01?" Taehyung asked after a while, his hands finally letting go. There was no trace of the Taehyung Jungkook knew, but his intuition told him otherwise.

 

Jungkook coughed, gasping for air. Jungkook wanted to reply, but Taehyung's hands had resumed their chokehold on his neck. He had a sinister smirk on his face, his eyes glinting with dark amusement. Jungkook's eyes pleaded for him to let go, but Taehyung pretended not to notice them. He had to do this because he needed to save himself. He was a selfish bastard, but he's not going to chicken out on this. Just one last thing from the Jeon Jungkook and he's free.

 

Taehyung tightened his chokehold on Jungkook's neck. Jungkook's eyes watered, his hands weakly swiping at Taehyung's hands in an attempt to save himself. He needed answers, and he couldn't let himself be dead before he could find any. Jungkook started squirming, trying to make Taehyung lose his steadfast grip on his neck so he could do something, anything to suppress Taehyung. Taehyung kept his gaze level as he continued to slowly tighten his choke hold while maintaining his steady grip. He wasn't about to let anyone live, not even the beloved Jungkook. He had to become the devil because the angel in him died and his mind needed the reassurance of an identity that would ensure his survival.

 

Assuming an angel's identity like Jungkook was easy. But he had enough of those the past few times. Being an angel doesn't simply mean you'll live. Being a devil, had more chances of securing one's survival in this cruel, dark world. And the first step was killing an angel. He had to go through the fallen angel stage to get to the demonic stage. He needed blood on his hands. Pure human blood. What's more, Jungkook was the perfect example of an angel. Thus his was what Taehyung sought, in his path of destruction and darkness. After all this trouble, it will be worth it. It had to be.

 

Jungkook had so many questions stuck on the tip of his tongue. He couldn't say them, but what he saw in Taehyung's eyes terrified him in an indescribable way.

 

Was it possible to see Yoongi hyung, Seokjin hyung, Jimin hyung and Hoseok hyung in them? Taehyung hyung looked so different from them! Moreover, they're all totally different.

 

Taehyung his lips, smiling a devilish smile. "Did you see them?" he said, tapping his eye. When he received no answer, he pursed his lips in a mocking manner. "Let me show you, o blind one." His entire being blurred and focused again but this time, it wasn't Taehyung. Jungkook could only gasp, feeling disbelief course through him. "Oh man, holy " was another phrase that kept flashing in his mind as he witnessed that scene.

 

It was Seokjin. Seokjin murmured softly and smirked. "Miss me?" It changed again to Hoseok. "Hey, kid? Wow, you look like you're at death's door." Another voice spoke. "Can you guys just stop this? I'm feeling really horrible right now." Yoongi hyung. "Well, it ain't fun to do the killing this way, Taehyungie!" A whining Jimin followed.

 

"Shut up! I'm the one in control, so I get to make the decisions." Taehyung growled, causing the transformations to stop. Taehyung cracked his neck, his dry lips as his fingers grabbed Jungkook's jaw. "Now, where were we?" he drawled, focusing his attention back on Jungkook. Jungkook's eyes widened as he registered what was coming next. He had no power, so perhaps he'll accept his fate? That little spark of power he thought he had left seemed to be diminishing so rapidly that Jungkook couldn't revive it.

 

Taehyung's smile widened as his fingers trailed down to Jungkook's neck. "Goodbye," he whispered before he allowed his killing instincts to take over. A deafening crack echoed through the room. "Ah, satisfying." Taehyung loosened his hands and cracked his knuckles, standing up. He brushed the dirt off his pants and stood. "Clear this mess," he said to the guards as he walked out.