After: 03 11

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

Seokjin was sitting on the bed, and this time he was the one waiting. A while later, an orange head and a black head popped in simultaneously. They dusted their coats as they sat down, automatically pouring themselves some tea. The orange head smiled widely at Seokjin. "Hyung~" he whined, making Seokjin gulp unconsciously. The black head just softly chuckled as he watched the orange head's antics.

 

"Stop. It. Hoseok." Seokjin gritted out. The black head couldn't stifle his laughter as he broke out into more chuckles. Irritated, Seokjin waved a hand and the black head's laughs were muted out. "Hyung, why are you doing this to Yoongi hyung?" Hoseok asked, a sad pout on his face. Seokjin couldn't take the sad pout and he sighed, waving his hand again. Yoongi's laughter could be heard again, echoing throughout the whole room.

 

Seokjin only gave a huff as he munched, almost furiously, like a squirrel on his snacks. Yoongi just smiled and mouthed an apology. Hoseok just smiled innocently, as if he wasn't making mischief and mockery out of Seokjin before. "Shall I say you're an angelic devil or a mischievous angel?" Seokjin sighed. Hoseok just smiled brightly and sang, "Neither! I'm just me."

 

"Why.." Seokjin trailed off, an unspoken question in the air. Yoongi just shrugged. Seokjin waved his hand again and a chessboard appeared. "Want to play a game?" he asked Yoongi. Yoongi narrowed his eyes. "What's the penalty?"

 

10 minutes later, Seokjin brought up his chess piece and dealt the final move. "And, checkmate," he said satisfactorily, a coy smile on his face. Yoongi just placed his hands on his face as he denied his loss for a while. "My prize," Seokjin demanded as he reached out his hand, waiting. Yoongi rubbed his hands against his coat before grabbing Seokjin's. At the last moment, before they closed their eyes, Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's hand. "Might as well," he mumbled before closing his eyes, bringing them into one of his memories.

 

××₰××

 

Little Yoongi was cradled up in his mother's arms, with her cooing in delight as the small hands of little Yoongi waved about. They were so happy there, stuck in that little happy moment.

 

The scene changed to a slightly older Yoongi staring up at the piano when his father was playing it. The melody was so beautiful yet, slightly haunting. His father turned back to see Yoongi's face lit up in awe and admiration. "Son, do you want to play?" Little Yoongi nodded as his hands reached for his father's and got lifted up onto the piano chair. The little chubby fingers of Yoongi touched the ivory keys of the piano, in an almost revered way. He looked up to his father and he nodded, egging him on. A finger landed on the key, making a sound that echoed as it faded. More fingers eagerly pressed more, creating a somewhat warbled but pretty melody. The eyes of Yoongi was closed as his fingers pressed the keys one by one, relishing in the near heavenly sound echoing into his ears filling him up with a feeling he couldn't identify.

 

To his father, it looked like he was literally glowing as he played the piano. His father, looked fondly down at him as he looked at Yoongi play, though incoherent and clashing notes, creating a somewhat distinct style his father knew that no one else could replicate. In that moment, he decided to let Yoongi learn more, more about the piano and its beauty. Perhaps he could even carry on the legacy his father failed to grasp.

 

××₰××

 

"Well, that was nice," Seokjin commented when he opened his eyes again. He turned to see Yoongi's eyes welling up in tears from all the recollection that only lived in his mind. Hoseok was quiet, for the first time. Seokjin looked on as he saw Hoseok slowly place his hand on Yoongi's and whispered, "You'll be fine. Alright?" over and over again.

 

Seokjin took it as his moment to leave. Sliding off the bed, he softly walked out, leaving the two in their world of memories reminiscing about the old days.