After: 03 10

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

Hoseok was freaking out. He, as usual, came home and saw Yoongi sleeping on the couch. After ducking into his room to change, he emerged later to see Yoongi gone. He could swear that he saw residue sparks floating on the couch as if Yoongi just dissolved into thin air. He searched around the whole house and found no trace of Yoongi. It was driving him crazy.

 

He then went and made a police report, but there was no person with the name of Yoongi. He even went to find those people who beat up Yoongi the other day. They never heard of him. What the hell is going on? Was he perhaps hallucinating? It got so bad that he had to go to the psychiatrist to try to understand, but nothing came out of it.

 

In the end, he chose to seal the memories of Yoongi aside and tried to go on with his life. Besides some occasional fits of hysteria when he thought Yoongi was with him, he was fine. He got to meet friends and even fell in love a couple of times. As the years progressed, people started leaving towards a better place. First was Taehyung, followed by Jimin. Jungkook was still here with him, but Hoseok knew he himself was running out of time.

 

He laid on the hospital bed, attached to a few IV drips and an oxygen mask. Jungkook was sitting beside him, carrying his girl in his arms. His eyes were sad, but his lips still curved into a smile. "Look at you trying to be cheerful. That's not you.." Hoseok rasped, breathing hard. Everything was just hard and painful to do. He coughed, his sagged face folding up into a gummy smile.

 

Jungkook just patted Hoseok's arms and shifted his attention to his girl. She was looking at Hoseok with wide eyes. "That's your uncle Hoseok." he cooed, fondly smiling. Hoseok's arm reached out and touched the girl's face. "So pretty, like you.." he rasped, breathing through the oxygen mask. The girl stared back at Hoseok, her eyes drawing Hoseok in. Like how his used to have that same effect on me.. She turned away and the spell broke.

 

His eyes closed, trying to draw out the last of his energy. He opened them again and seemed to see a figure dressed in black waiting at a corner. I'm ready. The heart monitor flatlined, beeping urgently. Hoseok was lying still on the bed as if he was just sleeping. But Jungkook knew he was gone, towards the better place where Taehyung and Jimin were at.

 

Jungkook quickly stood up and walked out with his girl holding his hands. A few tears leaked out of his eyes and he tried to hold in the sobs. "Papa, why are you crying?" the girl asked, looking up to Jungkook. Jungkook smiled despite the tears rolling down his cheeks. He shook his head as he picked her up to hold her. Her tiny hands reached out to wipe away his tears. "Don't cry, papa."

 

“I won’t, my baby. It was just for a moment, so forgive me hmm?”

 

××₰××

 

The black figure came closer to the bed and stared at the body of Hoseok. He wanted to touch him, but he refrained himself. There was no use in doing so. Clearing his throat, he read out loud. "Jung Hoseok. Died at age 54." The soul of Hoseok sat up. He smiled up at the black figure. "I finally found you," he said, tears he didn't know that formed rolled down his cheeks. His hands reached out to hug him, but the figure stopped him with his hands. "You can't." he softly said. "We're both unable to feel human touch again now."

 

"But yeah, you found me." The figure looked up, revealing Yoongi's face, his lips forming a wide gummy smile. Hoseok climbed off the bed and smiled radiantly. He still surged forward and wrapped his arms around Yoongi, sighing contentedly. Yoongi pulled away a few moments later, avoiding Hoseok’s gaze.

 

"Now tell me about what happened to you." he urged as he and Yoongi walked out of the hospital room. Yoongi just waved his hand, embarrassed to say more. They both walked towards the little room tucked in a small corner, unknown to anyone except Yoongi. Ready for what's ahead of them.