After: 09 02

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

-8 July 2011-

 

"Give me your soul in exchange," Seokjin whispered in his ear, as he hugged Jungkook fondly. "Sure, hyung." the kid at that time didn't know what it meant by giving a devil his soul because he just wanted to have a hyung he could love and be cherished by.

 

He died in his dreams though, with the raging fires burning those memories of Seokjin and him clean off.

 

××₰××

 

-8 July 2013-

 

"Give me your heart," Hoseok whispered, caressing the drowsy Jungkook. Somehow he had lived through the 2 years, without a soul. It had caught this particular devil's attention, and he wanted something from him. "I'll be your hyung if you give me what I want." Jungkook, in his daze, nodded.

 

The deal sealed with a deafening clang, making Jungkook fall into an unconscious state. When he woke to, he was lying on a bed with white sheets. Beside him, the heart monitor flat-lined loudly which got on Jungkook's nerves. Doctors rushed in, and they were shocked to see him alive. Didn't the heart monitor pronounce him dead?

 

His brown eyes stared at them. The doctors stared back, with apprehension and wariness. Both sides didn't dare to move a muscle. "Where's my hyung?" he broke the silence, unable to stop the question from spilling out.

 

"What hyung? There was no one around when we found you, with a ruptured hole in your chest and blood pooling." a doctor replied, confusion evident in his tone.

 

××₰××

 

-8 July 2016-

 

"Ah, hyung!" Jungkook whined as he slapped Jimin's arms. "Yah, respect me properly." Taehyung snickered when Jimin said those words. Jungkook couldn't help but snicker too. Jimin made a swipe at their heads in retaliation, but Jungkook was wise enough to duck. Taehyung thus got the brunt of the slap against the side of his head. He glared at Jimin, rubbing his head. "Jimin!" he whined, Jimin giving him a disgusted look in return.

 

Jungkook just laughed at the duo. It was so fun, in exchange for his mind. Jimin said it was just for a moment, and Jungkook foolishly believed him. Taehyung said he would ask for his later.

 

"I've got a family, eomma!" he whispered to himself, feeling giddy from the excitement. Someone he could call home and a hyung to shelter him from all dangers.

 

××₰××

 

"Now now, all of you." Taehyung clucked his tongue, looking at all of them. "Let me go, you little piece of ." Yoongi hissed. Taehyung just chuckled and looked at him, his eyes filled with amusement. Seokjin and Jimin just went to Taehyung and closed their eyes. Moments later, their bodies dissolved. "Isn't my body enough?" Yoongi snarled, his hands trying to free himself. "Why do you have to take Jungkook's too?" Yoongi's voice broke.

 

"Yours wasn't pure enough," Taehyung replied. Yoongi's body slumped, and he threw his head back letting out a huge wail. Taehyung could feel the despair and grief flooding the air, making him stumble back. He could feel himself wanting to shrink in fear but he stood his ground. He had got to survive this because he's a devil now, afraid of nothing. Yoongi stopped a while later and he looked at Taehyung square in the eye.

 

"I shall no longer remain bound to you, master." he spat, and his body glowed brightly. Taehyung looked away and when he turned back, Yoongi was gone. All the better. At the least, he had one less guilty conscience haunting his mind. Hoseok, who was looking on at the side, came and rested his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. "Well, he is a powerful one. Why did you let him go?" Hoseok curiously asked. Taehyung just shook his head, refusing to reply.

 

Because he was the one that brought me joy and stayed by me when I first lost mine.

 

I owe him that much, and killing Jungkook just made him lose his belief in me.