After: 06 14

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

It's been years. Years since I woke up in this forest, with my memories lost. Who am I?

 

I've been wandering and trying to survive in this dense forest that I can't find a way out of. I've screamed my throat hoarse trying to call for help. My clothes that were once clean was now filled with little tears, grass and mud stains. The energy that I have been holding onto has reached its limits and I'm still struggling to stay conscious. My mind screams at me to stay alive but my body isn't responding. They are heavy like lead and I'm barely dragging them along to move. My eyes are threatening to close right this instance.

 

But you need to move on.

 

This voice in my head keeps urging me along, leading me somewhere I can't comprehend. I didn't even know what direction was I walking to. All I did was walk, and hope for the best.

 

"Shut up Hoseok! You're our hope, how are you to give up hope when we all haven't?"

 

Another voice screamed in my mind. I am..Hoseok? Who's that voice?

 

My feet tripped over a tree root and I fell, face down. I was breathing heavily and my limbs twitched weakly. The shock going through my system now was too much. Too much for me to handle.

 

I gave in to the darkness.

 

××₰××

 

It's been 5 years since it happened. Hoseok massaged his temples, trying to fight down a headache that was about to come. It always came in that same excruciating pain whenever Hoseok remembered the incident.

 

Someone did manage to find him in the forest and brought him to the hospital. He couldn't remember who he was, except that his name was Hoseok. What meaning did this name of his hold? What memories did he lose in the past? He wanted to remember, but he was just a shell in a body. He was a desperate one trying to find himself in the abyss of memories. So many bottles of memories surrounded him as he waddled in the murky fluid, trying to find the bottle containing his memories.

 

The doctors had said it was nearly impossible for him to get his memories back because somehow they had been sealed away. Another strange thing was his recovery. He had sustained injuries that could take weeks to heal, but his body took just almost a week to heal. It was amazing, but strange nonetheless. Imagine your horror when the doctors wanted to ask you to be a test experiment! He had nearly wanted to discharge on the spot when he was asked that question. The doctors thankfully accepted it and left him alone.

 

××₰××

 

"Mister Jung?" A voice called out. I whipped my head and found my friends staring at me. "What..is going on?" I stammered a little as I tried to find hints. I had drifted off and didn't catch on to anything. "Ey, he's acting dumb." One said, giving me a mischievous look. My ears reddened and I looked down. Have I been caught? I fiddled with my fingers and perked my ears to hear what's coming next.

 

"He definitely has a lady friend." The one beside him said, nudging his shoulders. "More like a lady lover." Another jeered, hooting. "What?" He blurted as his head shot up, his eyes wide in surprise. He couldn't help himself from slipping up. The jeers increased when he remained speechless, his ears turning to a red similar to Rudolph's nose. Grabbing a glass, he chugged down the contents inside and coughed a little. He was too thirsty all of a sudden, and it was weird.

 

××₰××

 

Hoseok was standing in front of a maze. It was a blur ahead, but he could hear voices calling out for something. The white mist made the maze nearly invisible, with only rough blurred black lines outlining god knows what. He looked down and saw himself barefooted. He suddenly had a memory of himself when he just woke. Confused, dazed and barefooted.

 

Whatever that was happening was very confusing. The voices seemed to be calling out something that started with a "Ho" but the syllables after got snatched away by the wind. He looked up at the maze walls. They seemed to be never-ending, climbing up towards the sky. Thick foils of grass crisscrossed against the walls, creating a literal made of nature prison. The floor below him was surprisingly clean, with a few stray vines littered across the floor. He slowly took steps forward, feet brushing past vines and dust. Soft music floated by with short wisps, creating an eerily comfortable atmosphere.

 

"Hoseok!" It was clear now they were calling his name. His ears pricked up, trying to pinpoint the sounds that were calling in and out. His footsteps moved quicker as the calls faded in and out. He twisted and turned, walking blindly yet surely towards where he thought the sounds came from. It was like his instincts were functioning sharply for the first time since 5 years ago.

 

He emerged into the clearing. A white marble fountain stood in the middle of the clearing, its surfaces cracked and littered with black smudges. The grey floor was dusted with brown leaves, and seemingly cracked pieces of ceramic laid scattered. He slowly stepped into the clearing and looked around, trying to find the voices. It echoed around still, and Hoseok tried calling out.

 

"Is there-?" His voice cracked and he choked on his saliva, coughing.

 

"It's been a long time, child."

 

"Who are you?"

 

Everything turned black and swirled white. Tinkling bells chimed in the suddenly strong wind, bringing a haunting melody to his ears. He shielded his ears against the roaring wind, squeezing his eyes shut.

 

Hyung...

 

I'm sorry.