06 13

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

It's time. Seokjin placed his phone back to the bedside table and sighed. He had been wishing for this to come slower than expected, but it just came all the faster. Pressing his temples, Seokjin sighed. I need to come clean with the truth to them. How? I cannot possibly say that “Oh, you can die in peace because you can be restored as long as you save a copy of yourself in a computer.”

 

"Hyung." A voice said, startling Seokjin out of his thoughts. He turned and saw Yoongi standing, a grim expression on his face. Sensing something was up, he got up and followed Yoongi to the younger's room. Yoongi settled in a chair once inside and gestured for Seokjin to do the same.

 

"What are we going to tell them?" Yoongi started, which made Seokjin confused. "Tell what?" Yoongi gestured to the bookshelves. "What's beneath those shelves. There's one in our team who knows this, and I don't know who. How much he knows, is also another mystery." Yoongi supplied, which made Seokjin shiver. His mind had gone wild trying to narrow down the possible suspects, but with no leads it was impossible. Everyone had an equal chance of being the one who knew.

 

Seokjin sighed. "I guess it's time. This hope should not be lit, but I have no choice.Goddamnit." Seokjin cursed his face a mask of frustration. "I'll help," Yoongi offered, placing a hand on his shoulder. "After all, I was the one who started making this dream a reality." Yoongi finished.

 

A knock on the door got them out of their moment. "Hyung?" Jungkook's voice echoed through. "Everything alright?" Jimin's voice floated in next. Seokjin and Yoongi strode to the door and swung it open.

 

"Gather everyone," Yoongi said, making Seokjin in sharply. Seokjin looked at Yoongi, dumbstruck. "Might as well get it done and over with. There's no use for a reason in delaying this." Yoongi shrugged and went to the living room.

 

××₰××

 

Six eyes blinked attentively at the man standing before them. Evidently, Seokjin was very nervous, by the rapid eye blinking that Taehyung lost count of in that span of two minutes. He had now resorted to wringing his wrists, which all the more made Taehyung more curious.

 

"There's a part of the plan we didn't intend to reveal to you because it gives you unwanted hope. However, due to circumstances, I have to tell you." Seokjin started a nervous look on his face. He purses his lips, trying to delay the inevitable.

 

"We got clones of you. Floating, in my room." Yoongi interjected, making Seokjin look at him with wide eyes. "This project started with me, and Seokjin's idea. From what you all know, we all met each other formally a few months ago. But I had met Seokjin way before because we knew each other since we're kids." Yoongi explained, his eyes darting back and forth. He was nervous too, to be letting this secret out but since he had started, he might as well end it.

 

"We actually made clones of you, taking the DNA samples without your permission. The clones had already grown up to your current ages. In fact, the body I am in now is a clone of me. I almost died in my other body a few days ago and had to get transferred to this body." Yoongi explained. He reached up to his ear and pulled it back. There was a faint white line lashing across his nape of his neck. "This is the mark that shows you are in your clone body."

 

The reactions from the other five were mixed. Hoseok had a terrified expression on his face, Namjoon was already deep in thought, Jungkook had an awed expression on his face and Taehyung was confused. It all came down to Jimin, who had a blank expression on his face. Seokjin made a mental note to talk to him after. "Therefore, before we embark on our missions, we will have you transferred into your clone body and insert a device. That device will help you to transfer yourself back into your own body once you're done with your mission. If you die, that device has to be untouched to be able to transfer you back. But it won't be a guaranteed success unless there's someone to oversee the process."

 

Silence had ensued over the other five. It was a hard decision to make after all. "What if we don't do that step?" Taehyung asked, his eyes fixated on Yoongi. He just shrugged and said, "I can't stop you from your decision." Yoongi stood up, his part done for the talk. "Tell me by tonight if you need a transfer."

 

"Oh, and get prepped up for tomorrow. It is still a suicide mission regardless." With that last sentence said, Yoongi left and went back into his room.