06 04

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

Jungkook opened his eyes to the dark night sky. He was lying on the grass, as usual, decked in his usual white tee and blue baggy jeans. The stars twinkled up ahead, lighting the night sky in a soft glow. The moon stood proudly in the middle, as if it was a general commanding an army of stars to last the battle of illuminating the night, yet again.

 

The wind blew, making the grass sway wildly about in a soft swishing noise resembling a likelihood of static noise, except it was less annoying. His head was propped up by his left arm, allowing him to see the night sky in a more comfortable position. He could hear whispers of sounds from people far away and imagined them tucked away in their own world, chatting happily.

 

He never had those times, he realised. He was either deep in his world of books or just closed off, that could lead to people assuming him as hostile. His eyes closed yet again, trying to enjoy the sounds of nature that was reminiscent of an orchestra.

 

The sound of boots approaching made him freeze up, and placed him on guard. The sound stopped right beside him, and he heard some rustling noises as the person shuffled around. Jungkook opened one eye and saw a mop of orange hair. He closed his eyes and sighed. Sensing a hostile aura, the person huffed. "Why, Jungkookie? Can't hyung be here?" he whined in a slightly high tone.

 

"Nothing." he uttered, ending the conversation with a final tone. A whoosh of the wind from his left made him crack open his eyes. Jimin was lying beside him but he felt the wind caress his side. He was confused. His eyes focused on Jimin, and he gasped unintentionally. Jimin was transparent. His hand slowly reached out, trying to touch Jimin's hard. It went through and Jungkook leaned back in fright.

 

"Whoops, I got caught." Jimin's voice chuckled sheepishly. "What…" Jungkook faltered, confusion lacing his gestures. "I'm dead." Jimin shrugged and stood up, dusting his jeans. Jungkook followed suit, a hand instinctively reaching to stop Jimin but it went through. Jungkook's hand retracted.

 

"It's not your fault, you know? Don't blame yourself." Jimin's figure glowed, as it slowly turned to sparks drifting in the air.

 

Jungkook sat up, his body filled with immense dread. Throwing aside his covers, he got up from the bed and threw open the door. His feet padded hurriedly down the hallway and his heartbeat was thundering frantically in his ears. He reached the grey door - quickly wishing it wasn't true - before pushing it open. The room was dimly lit with little moonlight barely illuminating the room.

 

A figure laid haphazardly on the lower bunk, his blanket discarded on the floor. Jungkook stumbled and lowered himself down. His eyes darted around quickly and his breaths were quick. The figure's face was smashed onto the bed and Jungkook couldn't stop a shiver from running down his spine. What if. His fingers quickly pressed gently on the figure's neck. He waited for a few moments and there was no pulse. No, no. His movements became more sloppy as he panicked. He accidentally knocked against the bed legs, sending a jolt of pain through his arm. The movement caused a loud screeching noise as the bed leg gritted against the floor.

 

"Wha.." the figure murmured. He tossed around and found Jungkook's eyes staring back at him. He let loose a small shriek and moved backwards, nearer towards the wall. Jungkook was still for a moment. "Hyung?" he whispered. The figure just grunted. "Jimin hyung?" he whispered, louder this time. He had to make sure this ain't a dream. His hands reached out to touch Jimin. Warm and solid, he's not a ghost or spirit.

 

"What the hell, Jungkookie?" Jimin said, flustered by Jungkook's actions. Jungkook just shook his head, feeling tears prick his eyes. He quickly reached up to wipe those tears away. Jimin was startled by Jungkook's sudden tears. "Bad dream?" he murmured, reaching over to run his hand down Jungkook's back to soothe his tears.

 

"I'm glad you're alive." Jungkook sniffed, trying to stop his tears. He stood up and left the room. Jimin could still hear the soft sobs as he tossed in bed, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. He was confused by Jungkook's words. What was Jungkook implying?