Epilogue

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

Jungkook was staring at the ceiling, his vision tilted. No, wait. His neck was the one being bent at an awkward angle. He was holding on to the last wisps of life, but he couldn't breathe properly. His hands couldn't twitch, and his legs wouldn't obey him to move. .

 

Jungkook could remember all of them in that instant. It was as if nearing death brought back all of the memories, even those erased or intentionally forgotten. All of them hyungs took something from him. But the thing was, he didn't survive this time. He did the previous 3 times, but this time the price was too high. Too high that time can't heal and his luck could do nothing else to save him from death's door. But why was Yoongi hyung in Taehyung's body? So many questions he had and none was still answered.

 

He couldn't turn back time, he couldn't undo his actions, he couldn't curse his naivety. His need to find a family, a hyung he could rely on, blinded him to the depths of darkness. It brought him somewhere he shouldn't have gone, and he paid the price for it. It wasn't worth it, but perhaps the memories were worth those.

 

Happy times.

 

No more, his mind whispered. It destroyed you, his consciousness told him.

 

You're a shell. Left to rot into nothing, just dust riding through the air.

 

××₰××

 

In the bushes laid a shell of the human called Jeon Jungkook, victim to 4 devils. He was tossed out, battered and bruised with his neck twisted at an unnatural angle.

 

It was suspected to be the cause of death, but the multiple bloody bruises and scars were confirmed to contribute to his demise. The killing blow was confirmed to be at the neck after several examinations, where cracking it has caused his spine to splinter and break into pieces.

 

He'll be sorely missed, as he was an angel who had nothing but innocence to carry him by. Tears fell as people reminisced how kind he was, how gentlemanly he was and how weird he was. They celebrated his chivalry and charisma in all that 20 years that human being had given them.

 

As if. They secretly thought he was good riddance to be gone. He was a competition that no one could put out, and internally celebrated when he was gone. Albeit in a state that was worser than what they wanted. What they've done might be wrong and even illegal, but they don't care. Let karma come to them, they just wanted to be free of them two.

 

10 years ago, they gave his brother to the devil. They thought, without the older the younger won't shine and bring them such despair. But, they didn't think that the younger would shine even brighter than the older and cause them to be even more capable of despair and even, fear.