06 06

Ethereal Deaths II | BTS *reupload

"Time to get out," Seokjin said as he surveyed the scene before him. Everyone was dressed in black clothes with masks and caps of the same colour. They were too equipped with a taser, a gun with the silencer and a tranquillizer handgun. They quickly loaded their equipment into a black van with tinted windows before splitting up to ride in another van. With Seokjin and Yoongi as drivers, they set off towards their destination.

 

The Blue House. Even in the darkness of the night, the blue tiles on the roof glittered from the polish. The glass windows stood shadowed, echoing the dark within. They stopped their car in the forest, located around 100 steps away from the weakest link in the layered fencing of the property. Jungkook, Hoseok and Namjoon got out of the cars, pulling a black mask over their heads before placing the cap on top. "Remember, the plan is to make them notice alongside fulfilling the side aim." Seokjin chided, his message transmitting to their earpieces they wore.

 

"Are the cameras working fine?" Yoongi asked, fiddling with the controls as he fixed the resolution and cleared out the blurriness. "It's itchy," Jungkook complained as he felt his eye twitching. "Don't touch it, or I'll kill you." Yoongi threatened. All 3 straightened and unconsciously gulped at the unexpectedly murderous tone. Seokjin tapped his mic 3 times, signalling all was fine at his side. He then commanded the 3 to commence the infiltration. They stealthily moved towards the green fence and started scaling them.

 

"To your left, Jungkookie! Sensors in your current path." Yoongi yelled out, making Jungkook quickly swerve to the left. It continued for the 3 til they reached the top. "Jump carefully, into the middle line, not too close to the fence you are on or the other, it might set off alarms," Yoongi warned. The 3 managed to scale up past the first fence. They landed softly in the grass and crept up to the second fence. The same thing followed as the first fence, and the 3 boys landed again while quickly pressing themselves against the cold stone wall. They began their descent towards the main building, with the shiny blue tiles on the roof. The building was tall and looked intimidating as the 3 went closer. “You have to get to the rooftop and install what I gave you guys.” Seokjin’s voice came through the earpieces, making Hoseok jump lightly in surprise. “Give me a way up,” Namjoon said. Jungkook looked out cautiously, surveying his surroundings. “There are 2 guards at the door, around 4 patrolling the front area and all are armed,” Jungkook reported. Hoseok nodded.

 

Tapping of the keys could be heard as Yoongi pulled out the floor plan of the building. “Scale your way up, and then crawl in via the topmost window into an unused room,” he said. Jungkook hung some rope on his shoulders and slowly began his way up, careful to not make any loud sounds. Moments later, he reached the target window. He scanned and saw no one in the immediate vicinity. Producing a crowbar from his pockets, he softly pried open the window and sidled in. He blinked his eyes, allowing them to adjust to the dark. One side of his vision suddenly turned green, making it easier for him to navigate. He silently murmured thanks and went in search of a sturdy thing to tie a rope to. “Hyung!” he softly called. “Climb up now, one by one,” he said, as he finished securing the rope. There was a slight tug and Jungkook guessed they were slowly beginning their ascent up. Namjoon appeared at the window after a while and climbed in, his boots landing with a thump. Hoseok followed and he first pushed in the equipment before bringing himself and the rope in. Jungkook quickly untied the rope and rolled it up. “Do you know this is a suicide mission?” Seokjin asked all of a sudden.

 

“I very well know, sir.” Jungkook snarkily replied making the other 2 chuckle in amusement. Their faces quickly turned serious when they heard some loud noises. “Distraction?” Namjoon said when their vision got replaced with a CCTV like footage of a few figures throwing up smoke bombs and the armed security rushing to catch the intruders. “Well, it’s Jimin and Taehyung. They’re on the real suicide mission, not you guys.” Seokjin explained. “Get going. Don’t make them sacrifice in vain.” The 3 quickly moved out of the room and proceeded on the set route Yoongi had given them. They stole to the stairs with quick and nimble footsteps, with Jungkook in the lead and Namjoon at the back. Taking 2 steps at a time, they soon reached the highest floor. “Up to the rooftop, at a hidden area,” Yoongi instructed. Hoseok glanced around and found stairs leading up to a closed door. He signalled Jungkook and pointed to the door. He then quickly climbed and with a few twists with his crowbar, he emerged on the rooftop. The wind was blowing strongly, making his clothes and hair fly wildly. “How much longer do you need?” Seokjin’s voice came through. “10 at most. How is the distraction team going?” Hoseok replied, tightening his grip on the equipment. “They said they could last for 30 minutes. From the time they started, it has been 15 minutes approximately.” Yoongi replied, the tapping of keys echoing in the background.

 

“How do we escape?” Hoseok couldn’t help but ask. “I got it covered, just do what you’re ordered to.” Seokjin curtly replied, refusing to say more. “Alright,” Hoseok mumbled as he started searching for a safe place to place the equipment. Suddenly, there was a hand on his shoulder. He whirled around and recognised Namjoon when his fist was about to connect to Namjoon’s cheek. Namjoon just reached for his hand and pulled him along. Jungkook was frantically trying to peek at the commotion below without blowing their cover. Jimin and Taehyung were together back to back as the armed men surrounded them in a circle. White smoke was billowing in the sky as some of the armed men seemed to be coughing. Taehyung suddenly darted to one of the men and delivered a kick to his stomach before snatching his gun away. Jimin was armed with something that looked like a knife, the silver surface reflecting. The armed men warily came closer, but the sound of a bullet being released sent them backing down to a distance away. Jungkook was pulled back and he saw Namjoon frantically pointing to Hoseok. His eyes travelled to where Namjoon pointed. His eyes widened. !

 

Hoseok was having some trouble with the equipment despite having been briefed earlier. The thing couldn’t fit into the pipe they found and Hoseok was trying to put them in regardless. “Hyung, what are you doing?” Hoseok’s body got turned around to face an aghast Jungkook. “Find another pipe.” He muttered, quickly taking the equipment out. Jungkook’s eyes darted around and they settled on a pipe seemingly big enough for the things. He dragged Hoseok over and assisted him in placing the things in. “We’re done.” the 3 heaved a huge sigh. Namjoon tapped his earpiece. “Get us out of here,” he said, impatience in his calm voice. “Stay put, I’ll bring you back.” Yoongi tapped a few keys and the 3 suddenly collapsed onto the concrete ground. Their bodies glowed and burst into fire, rapidly turning them into black and grey ashes.

 

"Time to pull out,” Seokjin said as he pressed the red button on his left. Jimin and Taehyung, who were on site, looked at each other and nodded. They both ran towards the armed men, letting loose a loud yell. Gunshots could be heard as the armed men opened fire, their bullets rushing towards the 2. Jimin was first to fall as one bullet buried itself in his thigh, followed by another in his chest. He stopped, and his body fell forward slamming down on the concrete ground. Blood seeped out of his fallen figure, making a viscous puddle of red. Taehyung felt one pierce into his arm but he continued charging, ignoring the blooming pain. Just one more step, and-

 

Taehyung’s head got thrown back as the bullet hit straight into his forehead, the impact throwing Taehyung’s body backwards. His body landed a few minutes later, his arms splayed onto the floor as blood oozed out of the wounds. The armed men came and checked for a pulse. None. “Clear up the mess.” One of the armed men ordered. They quickly lunged the bodies to an abandoned area and threw them in a desolate corner, covering up their faces with a black bag. They quickly left after that, not wanting to see the bodies nor identify them.

 

××₰××

 

Lights flashed as a van came around the area. It stopped right before the two corpses, the engine softening to a soft hum. Two men hopped out of the van and dragged the two corpses inside. The van quickly proceeded to zoom out of the area.