Talking to the Devil

Before Dawn Breaks, Will You Be Free?

 

{Mi Young}

It was lunch time and I went to sit at my usual spot underneath the big tree. Chunji didn't follow me this time, I guess he was still sad that I sounded mad at him earlier. I would have to apologize again.

 

I had no appetite today, so I just rested my head. I didn't realize I had closed my eyes until later.

 

"Come on, hyung. Let's go!" I heard Sungjong yell at someone.

 

"Why does it matter? It's just a trap." I turned to see Myungsoo speaking.

 

"We should at least try and see if it is or not " Sungjong pleaded.

 

"Fine, but when it is a trap I get to say 'I told you so.'" Myungsoo said.

 

"Okay, hyung. Let's go then." Sungjong grabbed Myungsoo's hand and dragged him along. They found an open door and light could be seen at the end of the dark hallway.

 

Together, they slowly walked towards the light, Sungjong getting a bit more excited with every step. When they reached the end, his smile faltered.

 

It really was a trap, they ended up in the arena together.

 

"I told you so." Myungsoo told the blonde boy.

 

"Did you really think I would let you escape so easily? The 7 of you are my favorites. You should entertain me forever." the Devil boomed, laughing menacingly.

 

"Only until she gets here!" Sungjong yelled to the air.

 

"She? Oh you mean your precious eternal purity? Well, we shall see if she can actually get you free this time, won't we? Since she has failed 9 times already." the Devil laughed again at Sungjong.

 

I watched as Myungsoo clenched his teeth and Sungjong closed his fists.

 

But who was she? Who were they talking about? I didn't know.

 

"You know, rumor has it. This is your last chance. If she fails this time, you are mine forever." the Devil warned. "Now go away, I'm not interested in a fight anymore." the Devil did something and the boys flew backward and hit the wall.

 

I ran up to them, trying to see if I could help them but my arms wouldn't let me. They refused to move, until Myungsoo caught me in his gaze again. He glared at me, eyes full of hurt and hatred. And I couldn't pull away again, I was stuck.

 

Sungjong pushed Myungsoo hard and broke our eye contact. 

 

"Mi Young..." I heard someone whisper in the shadows.

 

But I couldn't find them and I was out of the dream by Chunji, waking me up.

 
Author's Note:
Double update~~ :D
okay I think I am done for today~~
I am just super excited. XD