Chapter 8

My CEO's Secret Love

Chapter 8

Ting!

The elevator's door opened and I saw Jung Kook in front of the door. He smiled and came in.
"So, how's your first day?" he asked without looking at me. Does everyone need to ask me that?

"It's fine. Just fine." I lied. 

"It , right? It has to. You don't have to lie." he smiled a little and glanced at me for a second.

"I'm not, sir." I replied to him and heard him chuckled.

"Don't call me that. It already past the work hour so drop the formalities."

"Okay, then." I answered him. "Jung Kook."

Then I heard he laughed. I couldn't lie this one. It was adorable.

"Ji Min," he began. "Is like pain in the , right? Don't tell him I told you that."

Wait a minute.

"But don't hate him just yet."

Wait a ing minute.

"He's actually a good guy."

"Wait!" I exclaimed, without realizing that I raised up my palm to his face. He looked dumbfounded because of my sudden action.

"Why? Are you okay?" he asked nervously. I looked at him for a while and started thinking that maybe he's...

"Jin Hye-ah," he called me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. " I nodded my head. "I am."

Should I ask him? I should, shouldn't I? Should I?

"Um,"

Ting!

Great.

"See you tomorrow." he smiled warmly. He really loves to smile, doesn't he?

"Okay." I answered shortly. He nodded and walked to the parking lot.

He couldn't be him, could he?

*

"I'm home." I took off my shoes and left them at the doorstep before walked inside.

"Oh? I'm here!" I heard Se Na sreaming from the kitchen.

"Here, sit down." She pulled me down and I sat on the floor in front of her. "Manhi mokgo. 
[Eat a lot.]" She placed a chicken soup in front of me with a bowl of rice. I made face at her before started eating. Bet she's gonna-

"So how's your first day?" Told you. I sighed at her before putting down the chopsticks.

"I got that question annoyingly a lot, ara?" I grunted and took the chopsticks back. Seriously, I started getting annoyed with that. If it went well, of course it's good to been asked few times but it didn't went well and getting this question endless making me sick.

"Mwoya, I'm just curious though." She rolled her eyes at me and took her chopsticks before eating her food. I smiled at her childish act.

"Anyway, where is Yong Guk?" I asked her because I didn't see him anywhere in the house. 

"He's asleep already?"

"Aniya. He's still rehearsing because they have audition next week." She answered. "He probably won't be home tonight."

I nodded in acknowledgement and took some pieces of the chicken and stuffed them in my mouth. My mind flew in with some thoughts and I looked up back at Se Na.

"Se Na-ah," I called. She just hummed without looking at me. "Do you remember the guy that I always chat with through SNS?"

"Which one?" She looked up, thinking. As if there were thousands of guy I'm chatting with. 

"Ah! That machine gun guy?"

"Yep." I nodded excitedly. "I met someone at the company today."

"Wae? Is it him?!" She harshly put down her chopsticks and looked at me. "You met him?"

"Aniya." I replied. "They... kinda similar, I guess."

"Aish, mwoya!" She wriggled in her seat while making her pouting face. "I thought you met him 
or something."

"I don't think so." I shrugged. "If I did, will it be too much for a coincidence?"

"Coincidence my ." She growled. "That is called fate, ara? Fate!"

"Fate, my ." I mocked her before started eating again. "I don't think I'll ever meet him."

"You should though!" She fought. "Ani, I mean, he's the only guy you ever get along so well.  The only one! If you ever going to give up trying to meet him, might as well stop contacting him now. Because if you didn't, it'll be hard finding other guy because you always have that tie with him."

"What the only one?" I asked her back. "I get along with Yong Guk too- janha!"

"Yah," She gritted her teeth. "Yong Guk naekgoya. [Yong Guk is mine.]"

"Mwo," I looked around. "Dae Hyun too!"

"Don't make me laugh." She tch-ed. "You can't even spoke to him comfortably since highschool because  you have a serious crush on him!"

"Anigeodun! [It's not!]"

"Arasseo, arasseo!" She said loudly. "Aish, so irritating!"