Chapter 17

My CEO's Secret Love
Chapter 17
 
"Thank you," I said through the window while bending forward to the high of the car just slightly that I could see Suga's full face. "For the ride."
 
"Don't mention it." He smiled brightly and stretched his head around the neighborhood. "So you live here?"
 
"Yeah," I looked around too, following his trail. "With some friends."
 
"Okay, then." He nodded his head in acknowledgement. "I should get going."
 
"Yeah."
 
He drove off from the neighborhood and when his car was now far away from me, I walked to the house and looked over the 'welcome' flooring in front of the front door and found a key attached to a red short string. I unlocked the door and went inside the house and closed the door behind me. I texted to Se Na telling me I'm already home so that she wouldn't freaking out when she heard some noise in my room and created scene of burglary that will alert all of the neighbors.
 
I said this because it happened once.
 
She replied with an 'okay' and I placed my phone beside my pillow before started dozing off to dreamland. I just wated to forget everything even for just a little while. Including the machinegunsmoker guy that just ruined my dream date.
 
*
 
I opened my eyelids slowly and it was pitch black around me but soon remembered that I was in my room and the incidents happened today gushed in my head. I went to turn on the lights and I heard some voices outside of the room. It wasn't just Yong Guk and Se Na because they hardly made any noise if there were just two of them. Except when, nah. Scratch that.
 
I opened the door while rubbing my eyes and stepped outside.
 
"Oh, Jin Hye-ah!" Se Na greeted me. Happily. How could she be greeting me so happily after letting me sleep for 5 hours straight and didn't wake me up even it was already night?
 
"Yah," I was about to get all mad at her, but not really mad when another voice interrupted.
 
"Hey, Jin Hye." He grinned cutely enough for me to make my knees weakened.
 
"Dae Hyun," I said while blinking few times to make my vision clearer. I'm seriously gonna kill Se Na later. What the hell with letting me sleep even though my crush's here?!
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
"What do you mean what he is doing here?" Yong Guk deep voice spoke as he appeared from the kitchen. Well, it's not really kitchen though. It just the small part of the house with a sink and a cupboard. "He's my friend-janha."
 
"Ah," I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment while Dae Hyun just sat there smiling sheepishly. What the heck am I thinking about?
 
"Ah, Jin Hye-ah!" Se Na snapped her finger. "How's your date?"
 
Seriously, Hong Se Na? Did you just asked that in front of my crush?
 
"D-date?" Dae Hyun asked. Confusion was all over his face. Although he was like super cute looking puzzle but I could not stop myself from beating Se Na right at this moment.
 
"That-" I stopped my sentence halfway and secretly glared at Se Na when Dae Hyun isn't looking, hoping that she'll understand and snap out of it right away.
 
"How was he? Was he as amazing as you thought he would be?" Could she be more oblivious? I'm so going to kill her.
 
I didn't know what to say. Changing glances wiith Dae Hyun who was also seemed to be waiting for my answer, making me nervous. If I really said what actually happened today I might as well stripped my clothes now to add to the shame I'm feeling.
 
In case you forgot, I was like, REJECTED today.
Indirectly, rejected.
 
And it wasn't a good thing to tell your first crush about being rejected when 'he was as amazing as I thought he would be' came in he picture. Thanks to Se Na for that.
 
He will think I'm still the same loser I was in high school. Having a huge crush on Dae Hyun for a really long time affected my social life. It does. I'm not gonna lie. I don't really have friends except for Hong Se Na. I wouldn't consider the other boys as my friends as they rarely acknowledge my presence except when Se Na mentioned me. I spent most of my days stalking Dae Hyun's social account and staring at his picture for hours admiring the God's gift and also have this endless imagination on how our wedding would be. Creepy right? I know. But I was high school girl with hormone was enrolling my mind. You can't blame me on that.
 
Dae Hyun even know about my almost-obsession crush on him.
 
Even though I know that I will always be that loser, I just don't want him to know that how he affected my life back then that I couldn't find another guy. Yes, it was serious. My crush on him was deathly serious. Maybe not yet. Maybe forever. I want him to see that someone actually wanted me.
 
As much as stupid it sounds, my crush impression about me still counts. Dae Hyun's impression counts.
 
And him picturing me as the same pathetic obsesser like I was in high school definitely the last thing I ever wanted.
 
Save the leftover of my dignity for tomorrow, will you, fate?
 
"Well," I shrugged with a really convincing smile glued on my features. Note; glued. "The best guy I ever meet."