Chapter 16

My CEO's Secret Love
Chapter 16
 
I sat down on the seat at the bus stop and exhaled heavily. That was what prety much what I did on my way here. Sighing, heaving, exhaling. Quite loudly if I may add because some people that passed me looked at me with this kind of look that said "Gosh, she looked ed up."
 
Well, what can I do people? happens. And to me it just won't flush.
 
Everything went down crap for everything today. My date, I supposed, was cancel on the last second, making me felt like a complete idiot because as much as I hate it, I expected so highly on meeting him. Also the thief encounter and Mr. Park being really mad at me I almost lost my job. I looked at my broken heels and again, sighed. What with me and shoes nowadays? Could they be meaner to me?
 
I looked at my watch for the bus to go straight home. I'm not planning going anywhere today or stopped by the restaurant Se Na's working at. I just wanted a long warm sleep and forget about all of the misfortune happened to me today. Dad must be mad at me if he was still here and heard me saying misfortune because for him, there wasn't any misfortune in life. None. He would prefer calling it as wrong-timing encounter. And I know Mom would be agreeing with that too. See. I got a really happy, optimist parent to live with I even wonder if I am really their child.
 
Maybe this hard life I'm living in right now slapped me in the face a lot I don't have time to think about all the bad timing.
 
It just happened.
 
Suddenly, a car came speed off to the bus stop where I am and stopped in instant right in front of me, creating screeching sound along. I was shock at the sudden appearance of the car and as the window went down, I could see a smiling face looked up at me.
 
"It's you." He said. "I thought I maybe got the wrong person."
 
I just sat there, saying nothing and still stared in bewilderment at his now grinning face.
 
"Hop in."
 
*
 
Could this be too much for a coincidence? This was my second time for today. A car come all of a sudden, stop by my side and asked me to get in. Maybe some of you will think it was literally nohing because of them were those that I knew but tell me, how many people on earth had been experiencing this on her most nervewrecking day?
 
"So," he said. "Why aren't you at work?"
 
"Mr. Park asked me to go home." I answered thruthfully because there was no point lying to him.
 
"Did he fired you?" He asked again, sounded so casually as if this was what most likely to happen when Mr. Park fired somebody.
 
"No." I replied before continue. "He got something to do."
 
"Okay." He nodded and I could see he was convincing himself to believe in whatever I was saying.
 
"Anyway, why aren't you then?" It was my turn to ask him because he should too, be at work on this time of the day.
 
"Why aren't I what?" He asked, glanced at me for a second before kept his eyes on the road back.
 
"At work," I shrugged. "Mr. Park must be hating it if too much people feeding off the work and ruining the company."
 
"Ah," He smiled a little with a slight nod. "He would spare me."
 
"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes at his not-funny-at-all joke.
 
"It's true. I mean, why on earth would he be concerning about someone else's company because literally, when you got businesses on your hand and you are on the top ten list of the most succesful asian barchelor on their twenties, the last thing you wanted was concerning about the future of your rival's company."
 
"What?" My jaw dropped slightly. He talked so fast in one breathe and I couldn't really catch what he was talking about.
 
"Let me make it simple." He chuckled and said, more like whisper, as if we were on some mission.
 
"I don't work there."
 
"What?" I asked again.
 
"You heard me. I don't work there. Well, not anymore."
 
"Then, at the files room," I gestured my fingers a little.
 
"Ah, that one. I just happened to bump onto you when I was looking for my personal files."
 
"Then why don't you say something?"
 
"I would like to because I was running late at that time but you seemed so confuse and desperately
needed help so I figured out that a little hand wouldn't hurt." He smiled but still not looking at me
as he was focused on driving.
 
"And at the meeting room?"
 
"Well you see, a mere despatch boy or probably your assumption was just another unimportant
worker on the files room wouldn't be sitting beside the executive director in a meeting. Or even
stepped inside the meeting room in the first place."
 
"O...kay." I nodded although it would take some minutes more to let it sink and let me finally
figured out this whole thing. "So, you don't work there."
 
"Yup." He replied.
 
"I'm sorry about the whole files thing. If I know who you really are, I wouldn't have asked for your
help."
 
"Really?" He asked, sounded as if he wasn't convinced with that.
 
"Yes." I answered shortly.
 
"That's bad. Because I honestly think it was wonderful to meet you."