Chapter 20

My CEO's Secret Love
Chapter 20
 
I pulled down the end of my dress a little. The cold wind greeted my bare legs and it had me shivered a bit. It was Se Na's idea. Who else could it be? She had this little of imagination on how I should blow Mr. Park's mind since my choice of dressing was the major issue of my interview and the fact all of the people in the company sneer at me whenever they saw me.
 
I admit that I also wanted to change my style of clothing. I'm a woman too. Looking presentable was one of the big concern on your 20s. But this dress was quite too much for me. It was this long sleeves black dress that reached few centimeters above my knees which was very uncomfortable. I don't like to exposed that much of skin in public.
 
That was all because I had this self-doubt on my figures and skin complexion. My legs were not thin that you misunderstood them with stick like all of the Victoria Secret models and of course not that luscious to look at. I got a body that not really the type to drool off and that skin complexion that being perfected by the maximum used of soap and lotion everyday. I don't go to spa to get body massage or skin rub because it'll cost me a fortune so yeah, I got some unnecessary fat here and there, But no matter how it was, this kind of body is a lot better than I used to have. For me at least. If you looked 10 years back, I am like all those typical fat, bullied girl in high school that ended hooking up with the school most handsome badboy like you read in novels. It just that I don't get bullied by anyone since I was always sticking up with Se Na, neither that I made the school's badboy begging for me but yeah. I'm fat. Like, really fat. I weight like ___ pounds during my senior year. Yeah, it's 3 digits. But I'd like to keep that as a secret.
 
But the most important one is the slashing scar at the inner side of my right knee.
 
The possibilities for people to actually realize that was like 5% when I stand and 0% if I sat down with my legs sticking with each other but when I walked, it was 100% exposed. The color of the recovered skin of the slashing was obviously different from my skin color which was slightly red and it wouldn't go unnoticed by people.
 
And you don't just sat down all day, you walk.
 
Se Na insisted that the scar looked somewhat y or whatever she called it but who on earth will think scar is y? Whenever I talked to her abut how much I hate the scar, she'll always fight back saying that one day, one certain people will think I would look not that good without it. Which of course, not true at all. This is real life and not that so-called romance novel where the guy fully accepted the girl imperfection. Especially, obvious flaw. Like mine.
 
A car stopped right in front of me and I could see Mr. Park's eyes looking at me through the tinted window. I quickly got in and pulled the safety belt as I sat down. I looked at Mr. Park and I saw him eyeing my attire up and down and suddenly I got very nervous and felt my palm started to sweat.
 
"Um, sir if you don't like it I'll go and change." I broke the silence and he stopped his gaze at my eyes before rolling them back to the road.
 
"No." He said sternly. "I wouldn't want to waste time waiting for you to change because that'll cost me a night."
 
*
 
When we stepped in the restaurant, a gasp left my mouth as I looked around the restaurant. It was very beautiful and classy. The main theme of this restaurant was obviously English lifestyle as I glanced up to the bright chandelier dangling on the ceiling in front of the receptionist desk.
 
After confirming our reservation, a waiter came and escorted us to the third floor by the elevator. We followed him to the table near the window where two people waited for us. I could see a man about on his 50s raised his hand slightly toward our direction while the other man,, who was back facing us turned too look at us and then another shock gaze left me as I looked at the man's face, confuse as mine.
 
"D- Dae Hyun?"
 
*
 
It was quite a surprise at first but then it all make sense. Dae Hyun is Mr. Jung only son and soon he'll be inheriting the family business. Typical life of a rich boy. I heard about the rumors he is the son of The JVC company, a famous hotels and vacation company, a lot since our freshmen year but the fact that he never talked or commented out about it made everybody assumed that it was just rumors but the fact that he's father was actually signing agreement with my boss right now
proved the truth.
 
Maybe that's the reason he and the boys managed to have their underground hideout in the first place. In nowadays world, when you have money, you can buy almost everything. Don't give me the money-couldn't-buy-love because that kind of philosophy died when the humanity died.
 
And when did humanity died? When one learns that unless you had money, everyone will try to bring you down to the bottom of human chain.
 
Today, money could even buy love. Just look how many girls threw themselves to rich guys.
 
But that considered as buddy, right?
 
I rolled my eyes to the silent judgmental subconsciousness in my mind.
 
The both of them talked a lot about business but Dae Hyun and I just sat there in silence, listening to whatever they said. Sometimes, Mr. Park would ask Dae Hyun few things about his opinion and Dae Hyun would give respond to him as simple as he could.
 
Whenever Dae Hyun spoke, I will looked up and adored the fact how good he looked in the black tuxedo. He left the two button ed which gave me something to mind-drool of. His hair looked nice and tidy which just add gasoline to the fire. Well, my fire. But it just for some seconds though because when he stopped talking, he'll glanced at me for about 10 seconds, damn I counted, before both of us broke the gaze looking away shyly.
 
"Okay, now." Mr. Jung said. "Enough about business. I bet these two already starving."
Mr. Jung called the waiter and ordered some food and drinks that too difficult for me to repeated after him and soon the foods were already served on our table.
 
My mouth started drooling over the delicious-smelled food and mentally my lips in my mind. No matter how hungry I am, I still waited for Mr. Park and Mr. Jung to have their seal-the-deal toast then all of us started eating.
 
"So," Mr. Jung sliced his piece of, what I assumed as steak, before put it in his mouth while looking at me. "How long have you been working with JaeGuk Group, young lady?"
 
"Um," I dabbed my mouth with the tissue before answered him. "It's almost a month now."
 
"Oh, you're a new worker then?" He asked, looked quite amused. "How old are you?"
 
"I'm 22, sir." I replied, slightly stuttered since I could feel Dae Hyun's gaze was on me the whole time.
 
"You're the same age as my big boy here." He patted Dae Hyun's back repeatedly while laughing. Dae Hyun looked at me before smiling awkwardly. "But already so independent." Mr. Jung said as he gazed toward Dae Hyun with a knowing smile.
 
"Dad..." Dae Hyun trailed off with a slight groan.
 
"I'm just saying, son." Mr. Jung chuckled. Now I know where Dae Hyun inherited all those cuteness that he showed without even trying. Especially that damn chuckle.
I laughed politely, if I might add, as I watched those two.
 
"He always claimed that he's a big boy that both my wife and I need to stop treating him like a child but up until today, he still throw tantrum when our fridge ran our of cheesecakes."
Mr. Jung laughed even more heartily and I joined him. Dae Hyun why you have to be so cute?
 
"That's not true, Dad." Dae Hyun put down his fork while groaning.
 
"Whatever make you sleep at night, son."
 
I laughed again at his comment and then I realized someone else who seemed don't give a damn about the cute dad and son in front of us. I looked at my side and saw Mr. Park who was seemed to be so into his food he didn't spare any glance as he gobbled down. He really came here for business. But it was better if he could just smile or commented something nice because they' are business partner now.
 
I ignored his cold attitude and continued eating mine while talked about random thing with two of the most amazing people I've met in my life.
 
It wasn't like I have the right to advice him how rude he was anyway.
 
*
A/N : SOOJINIE!!!  Where ARE YOU?? >< I hope you're reading this and this is just to say that the chapters meant to be that way (15&16) so if you read them back throughly you probably understand. I'm sorry if you confuse or anything but thanks for telling me ^^ Happy reading ><