Chapter 27

My CEO's Secret Love
Chapter 27
 
"So, where this banquet took place?" I asked as I looked out to the unfamiliar part of the Seoul city. Don't blame me.
 
I never come here as tourist. I'm just so busy trying to turned my life from continuously being upside down. So beside knowing the exact right place to my workplaces, Starbucks and bundle stores, I pretty much knew nothing about the tourist attraction places.
 
"At the Hemington Hotel." He answered.
 
But I knew this one.
 
Of course I've never been to one but Se Na's endless description about it during our high school days felt as if I actually was indeed had been there. She had this fantasy about how her wedding ceremony gonna be and where it'll be held. After googling about the most prestigious hotel in Korea this Hemington Hotel took the first place. So she just said there is where one of the most meaningful moments in her life would take place.
 
But of course it just a high schoolers fantasy. I mean, everyone dreams one right? Even a loser like me dream of it too. But once we grew up we knew how actual life's work. Unless you were born with silver spoon up your arses, you can still kept that kind of fantasy.
 
If you were lucky, you'll get even a better one.
 
"It just one of those boring business banquet." He continued.
 
"I don't even want to go but I was kinda being forced. The people there were only there for business purposes and they will give each other their best fake smile and talked about nice things about how well your business is going in front of you but instead calculating how much profit they are gonna get when your business went down."
 
"Well, I could actually picture that." I chuckled because he seemed a little pissed off talking about it.
 
Which was cute.
 
"Tell me about it." He replied sarcastically. "But do you know what make them the happiest?"
 
"What?"
 
"Rather than the amount of money going in their bank account, they prefer how bad your life gonna be."
 
"That's awful." I said. I'm not gonna put in long comments because I don't really know about the rich people life and I chose not to be judgmental for once but I know that much; that they loves seeing other's failure and loved it even more when it profited them.
 
I'm being judgmental again, right?
 
Anyway, it fitted the puzzle. It was just the same typical drama we watched on tv everyday. Sometimes I even confused whether the tv got it from them or they got it from them. Because it was just so same.
 
"I know, right?" He smiled as he glanced to me for a second before returning his eyes to the road again.
 
We stopped in front of a building, which was the hotel of course, and Suga got of the car first and went to open my door for me. I smiled at him when he offered me a hand to get off. He handed his key to the valet and we walked hand in hand inside the hotel.
 
Suga excused himself when his phone rang and he asked me to wait for him at the door. The hotel staff offered to take my dress jacket and I slowly took it off, feeling quite insecure about my figures as I revealed the long sleeves navy blue dress that reached my knee with some sparkle at the bottom.
 
"Yes. I'm already here. Yes. Yes. Okay. I'll be fine. Okay. Okay. I know. Fine. Bye." Suga spoke to the phone and hang up beofre looking up at me.
 
"Jin-" He stopped his sentence and scanned me from my head to toe. Not like that scan but more like amused scan?
 
The best kind of amused scan?
 
I clasped my hands together and smiled awkwardly at him.
 
"Does it look bad?" It slipped from my mouth since I can't help it but to ask.
 
"No, no, no." He answered in rush. "You looked great."
 
"Like, really great." He smiled and walked closer to me. He offered his arm and grinned, waiting for me to sling mine. I chuckled at that and nodded before slung my arms with his.
 
Feeling a strange rush of emotions in my mind, we walked to the hall.