Chapter 25

My CEO's Secret Love
Chapter 25
 
"What can I get for you, miss?" The young teenage girl asked me as she placed her hand on the cashing machine, ready to punch in my order.
 
"One iced mocha please." I said and she tapped the cashing machine in lightning speed. I had this sudden thought that she could work as Mr. Park's coffee maker. Since he hated tardiness so much she was a perfect fit.
 
"Anything else?"
 
"No. That's all."
 
"Okay then." She tapped the cashing machine one last time with her index finger and said the amount I should pay. I don't have energy to search for some coins and count them so I just gave her the some notes.
 
She handed me a beeper to get my order once it was finished. It was good to sit for some minutes as I waited for my order instead of standing at the counter since my body felt weaker than before. Dizziness still hovering my head and when I almost slipped over my heels, a hand caught me just n time.
 
I was thinking on elbowing this stranger but I'm just too tired to do so and the first word that person said set me at ease.
 
"Jin Hye?" Suga asked, a bit surprised. "Are you okay?"
 
Suga lead me to the nearest seat and sat me down cautiously as if I'm a new born baby that still got her bone strengthened.
 
When he was about to open his mouth, my beeped beeped on the table and he took it.
 
"I'll get it for you." He said and before I could protest, he was already went to the counter, placing my beeper at the small wooden basket and took my order.
 
Placing my order on a tray right in front of me he, settled down.
 
"Thanks." I muttered and took a sip from my iced mocha. I'm really gonna need caffeine now or else I won't be able to do my work for the rest of the day.
 
"It's fine." He replied. "Anyway, I saw you swaying across the street with your hand on your head the whole time a while ago."
 
"I did?"
 
"Yeah, you did." He chuckled cutely. "You are sort of daze. Are you okay?"
 
"Yeah." I shrugged, obviously unsure of my own answer. "I think."
 
"Really? Because lucky you, I came here right at time where you almost embarrass yourself falling with you face kissing this newly waxed floor."
 
I chuckled, finally finding some strength in my voice and nodded. "Yeah, lucky me."
 
"Too much work I assume?" He asked again.
 
"Yeah. Maybe." I answered and glanced at my watch and grabbed my unfinished iced mocha with me. "And I should probably get going. You know how Mr. Park is."
 
"Do you want me to walk you?" He stood up along with me and walked beside me to the door.
 
"No. I'm fine. It just across the road." I gestured my finger to the company building although I'm pretty sure where the company was.
 
"Yeah, right." The corner of his lips rose up as he said it. "And you'll be swaying again."
 
"No. I'm not." I laughed. "I'm fine. Caffeine helps too I'm sure."
 
"But still. I wouldn't want to spend my time in the police department with the question and answer thingy when you got hit by bus or something since I'm the last-seen person with you."
 
I looked at him, feeling unbelievable and smiled while rolling my eyes playfully at his remark.
 
"That is like the lamest, stupid, inconvenient excuse I've ever heard."
 
"That what it is to you?" He smirked. "Excuse?"
 
"Well, it sounds like one. I mean how could it possibly be since I'm completely fine right now I don't need an to help me to the building right in front of my eyes."
 
I knew he meant well. It was obvious he wouldn't do something bad to me. He got a very sincere looks and the last thing I worried was he being a serial killer like Jack The Ripper.
 
Well although some psychopath did seem kind at first until he dragged you into an abandoned house in the woods with chainsaw and you just realized that he actually have that evil looks the whole time.
 
He put his right palm on his chin and supported the elbow with his other hand. "Hmmmm."
 
"Then are you buying this excuse?" He smiled, showing his nice white teeth he could go for a 15 seconds toothpaste commercial.
 
I looked at him and smiled for some seconds and sighed, giving up with his endless attempt on sending me to the building that took less than 5 minutes.
 
"Alright." I answered. "Sold."
 
He pressed the traffic lights button and we waited for the lights to go red by the roadside. He took out his hands from his pocket and crossed them against his chest.
 
"So," He began. I just realized that he wasn't that type who could shut his mouth for even a second. This kind of person they hardly ran out of topics and there seemed to be thousand idea lining up in his mind and just waited for time to blurt them out.
 
I would know.
That's Se Na.
 
"I was thinking if you could help me with one thing." He continued and I took a quick sip of my iced mocha.
 
"What is it?" I asked without looking at him.
 
"Will you helped me?"
 
"I'll try to. I mean, you helped me a lot." I replied. "I haven't bought you a dinner yet."
 
"Yeah," He turned to me, full of interest. "About that, there is actually a place I want to go. I mean, I need to."
 
I really hate being indebted with people so I better take this chance and maybe we could stop seeing each other. It wasn't like I didn't want to see him again, he was a nice guy after all, but the thing is I barely know him.
 
"Yeah? Where? When?"
 
"Tonight?" He answered, more like a question, as if he was convincing himself that he probably won't get the answer he was waiting for. "It's a banquet of some business thing and I'm gonna need a date or my parents gonna pair me up with someone I didn't know."
 
I maybe stupid but I knew what a banquet is. It was some sort of formal evening meals and gathering with some speeches.
 
I almost fall asleep just thinking of it.
 
"You don't know me too." I said and the lights turned red and we walked across the street with some other people.
 
"I know that much I could trust you with a boring business banquet. I mean, I know you wouldn't try to kill me, right?" He grinned.
 
"What? I am the one who should be worrying about that."
 
"Why should you? I practically help you out instead of cutting you half with a samurai blade."
 
It's funny how our mental synchronized so well. I never knew there was actually someone who thinks so much like me. Even Se Na, my longest friend alive, hate it when I said about serial murder sociology.
 
That was when I decided maybe a banquet wasn't that hateful.