Chapter 3

My CEO's Secret Love

Chapter 3  

"Can I do it?" I asked Se Na nervously. 

"Halsu isseo. [Sure you can.]" Se Na patted my shoulder.

"I'll get the job, right?" I asked her again.

"Of course. You've done almost everything. This is nothing."

"But why I am so nervous?"

"You know what, it's normal to  be nervous. If you feeling nervous, that means everything's gonna be fine. If you aren't, well it probably turned out worse than you expected."

"Right?" I ensured myself. "It's gonna be fine."

"Yes, it is." Se Na clasped my hands tightly.

"Okay, okay." I nodded to myself. "It'll turned out great, will it?"

"Girls. we're not doing this all over again." Yong Guk spoke. "You guys said those ever since this morning. In case you two forgot I got a band rehearsal in 30 minutes."

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry. It was just an interview jitters." I nodded knowingly.

"Okay then, honey. We'll get going." Se Na hugged me before entering the car. After Yong Guk drove off, I looked at the big building in front of me and took a deep breath.

"Okay, you can do it. You'll get the job."

I kept on telling myself the same thing all over again until I arrived at the waiting room for applicants. My jaw slighlty dropped as I saw the packed room of people. They were all trying hard to remember their line for the interview. I pinned the turn number on my shirt and sat down on an empty chair. Beside me were a girl and a boy. The girl was talking to herself while the boy was jotting down something on his notebook. I leaned to him a bit and glanced at his notebook, who knows I probably could scoop some information about the interviewer.

The boy realized my action and he turned to me. I looked away embarassedly when he stared in my eyes.

"What position you applied for?" he asked me out of the blue.

"Ne? Um, personal assistant." I answered.

"For the CEO?" He asked again.

"Yup," I replied.

"Tough one." he murmured underneath his breath.

"Excuse me?" I squinted my eyes.

"Well, you've got balls," he shrugged. "Even though you're a girl."

"Why is that?" I questioned him again, ignoring his stupid sense of humour.

"Do you ever know who the CEO is?"

"No. My friend got this interview for me.
"
"If you ever going to know anything about the CEO," he began.

*

"201." a middle age woman called as she scanned the waiting room. I gulped down my saliva hard as I bitted my lips. 

"Good luck." That boy from earlier said to me. "You need that."
I didn't reply anything to him as I stood up from the chair and started walking.

"You'll be called really soon so please wait here." that woman told me as she left me in front of the door. I stared at the door blankly it might formed a hole through it. My breath started to become disorder and my lips felt dried. My hands could even shake at this point.

Never mind, it's just a normal interview. It just a normal interview.

I kept whispering that to myself as I rubbed my hands together, hoping that the nervousness somehow go away but nothing happens. Worse, I got more and more nervous.

My phone suddenly chimed and I took it out.

@machinegunsmoker : its ur interview today right?
@painkiller : yup dude im fricking out
@machinegunsmoker : its gonna be okay
@painkiller : IM IN FRONT OF THE IV DOOR AND DUDE NO IM ING FRICKIN OUT RN
@machinegunsmoker : its gonna be okay trust me
@machinegunsmoker : its ur shot
@machinegunsmoker : u gonna be fine
@painkiller : not so sure bout that
@machinegunsmoker : its ur shot
@machinegunsmoker : no one gonna take that from u
@machinegunsmoker : not even me
@painkiller : i think im gonna die

"This is your shot. This is your shot. No one is going to take it away from you. No one."

"Not even me?"

"Not even you. N-" I turned to my right and a grinning-like-idiot face greeted me. My jaw slighlty hung as I was trying to process the information such as 'where this guy is coming from?'.

"You must be waiting for your interview, I assume?" he asked. Is that even a question?

"Yes." Without realizing, I answered his question.

"What position?" he asked again.

"Secr- wait, why do I have to tell you?" I snapped and he seemed quite shock about it. He was about to say something but he pursed his lips tightly.

"Yeah, you're right." he shook slightly. "You don't have to."

I was going to say 'okay' when he went inside the interview room without minding anything else. I sighed unbelievably and shove off the thoughts of him from my mind. I tapped my left foot to the floor and started to inhale and exhale.

The door suddenly opened and another woman came out. "You may come in." she smiled warmly at me. I nodded a little to her and went inside the interview room.

"First, you need to mind up your steps."

That boy's voice echoed in my ears. I looked at my feet andd walked as good as I could ever be.

"But not too slow! He hate tardiness."

I took a very short breathe and fastened my pace. When I was already infront of the chair, I settled down and heaved a heavy sigh.

"Don't you ever cross your legs!"

I un-cross-ed my legs and put my left foot and right foot together in the middle and sat down straight.

"Then-"

"What's your name?" a woman's voice heard, making me startled.

"Ye?" I looked up quickly and saw 5 people in front of me. two women and three men. 
The three woman was looking at me sharply. 
The man in the middle was jotting down something on a piece of paper and seemed like he couldn't careless about what was actually happening right now. 
And the man on the very right was also looking at me, with a little bit smile on his face. It took me a while to realize that he was the busybody guy at the door.

 Shoot. I may as well be his employee better yet I told him to off.

"Name." the woman on the end of the table asked me. I could hear the tone in her voice. She wasn't that friendly.

"Um, Jin Hye." I answered nervously.

"Name." she barked. I looked at her, feeling completely confused about her repetition. Maybe she didn't hear me. 

Well, that's what I thought.

"Um," I coughed a little, clearing my throat. "Jin Hye."

"Are your parents forgot giving you your first name or are you just incapable of answering my question in full capability?"

That moment, I felt my stomach knotted and I probably going to throw up. No. This is not going to end well for me. The couldn't-careless-about-you-guy put his pen down and looked at the name-woman before turned to me, looking as if he finally found an interesting to watch rather than doodling on the paper. The door-guy was just sitting there, smiling like an idiot.

Gosh, I started giving them names now.

"Oh Jin Hye." I answered. "My name is Oh Jin Hye."

The woman nodded and rolled her eyes and flipped into some pages of my resume.

"So, you're applying for the personal assistant position?" The next woman asked me.

"Yes." I nodded my head.

"Have you personally learn the job?"

"No."

"Any experience in the field?" she asked again. I was going to answer right away but I paused.

"No. No, I don't" I answered.

"No education. No experience. Nothing." she throw the file she was holding on harshly on the table it created a loud thud. "There's nothing here, missy."

"I like her honesty." The third woman spoke, making the other two a little bit suprised. I sighed in relieved. Finally. Someone was actually-

"But your ssense of clothing is horrible." 

Ouch. 

"First, your messy bun. This is not a fashion show for the world's ugliest person alive. This is a workplace and you came with strains of hair falling off that poor hairstyle?"

"Second, your uniform. I don't know how many times you've used 'that' but the color is fading. Are you going to meet client with faded clothes? You're making us a joke!"

"Third, is your shoes." she glanced to my footwear before looked up to me again. "The left heel is falling off right?" 

Dammit. How did she see that? 

"Right?" she barked again as she see me not answering.

"Yes."

"That is so not credibility." she smirked at me. "Just go home, dear."

I nodded knowingly and stood up. I walked to the door and sighed as I turned the knob. Guess I need to look for another job.