Chapter 30

My CEO's Secret Love
Chapter 30
 
After washing my face, reapplying my makeup, straightening my hair and covered any visible hint of any possibilities of me having an intimate moment with someone, I headed out and walked to the table again.
 
And Mr. Park was sitting at his seat, taking a bite of a new arrived dessert.
 
I settled down on my seat nest to Suga and he leaned closer to me.
 
"What taking you so long?" Concern etched on his face. "Are you okay?"
 
"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I answered and trying hard to keep my face down from any unintentional glance to Mr. Park. But because of what happened just now, it was hard not to.
 
"Okay, then." Suga smiled and placed my dessert in front of me. "Here."
 
"Oh, thanks." I thanked him and began to have a small scoop of the strawberry ice cream cake. The cake itself was delicious. The ice cream melted together with the white chocolate in my mouth, bursting my tongue with aromatic strawberry flavor.
 
But I couldn't really devour the taste right now. You know that kind of feeling where you know something really fun that you wanted to told people about it and turns out no one there to be told to?
 
Yeah, exactly that kind of feeling.
 
Suga was talking to me about something but I barely could hear him, it was like something was blocking my ear. Don't wanna him to notice that I'm not really paying attention on what he was saying tha before I went to the toilet, I smiled at his every remark although I couldn't really get it what he was saying.
 
My mind was wondering elsewhere specifically on the hunk of a man sitting in front of me.
 
My mind clouded with questions. I t wasn't like I never kiss any guy before. I did, yeah. Remember all those flings? But why the hell did I kiss him back? That was like the most stupidest thing I've ever done.
 
And the stupidest thing than the stupidest thing was I quite enjoying it.
 
That's like two times stupidest.
 
I started talking nonsense now. God help me.
 
The table soon switched to another round of business talk. The man started talking quite noisily spaced with some faked laughs between and the woman commenting on the food with each other. While I on the other hand, still stuffing my mouth with the cake.
 
Suga seemed to notice my uninterest in his jokes anymore so he joined in the let-me-take-your-business-down chatting. He didn't show me any sign of noticing at all but I recognized it right away when he suddenly show interest chatting with the rest of the group despite the fact that I did knew how much he hate it. I felt kinda bad to him too. I came here with him due to the favor I owed him and also with the slight intention of not getting him bored than ever but it seemed he still couldn't escaped the most bored occasion of the day.
 
Since I started to act like a .
 
A that was thinking about an intimate moment she just shared with her own boss.
 
I gotta admit that it bothered me a little, damn it, a lot actually, that he was acting like nothing happened. Because clearly something did happen. I am the only one who was trying hard to not making it obvious to people but Mr. Park's acting was definitely takes the cake.
 
And that kinda... hurt, I guess?
 
Soon, the whole banquet thing was over. Suga helped me out of my seat and offered his arm once again, being gentleman as always and I gladly took it with a smile. I couldn't ruin this night more for him. I'm done being a so the least I can do is treating him like he deserved to and gave the sweetest smile I could ever invented.
 
We walked to the parking lot hand in hand and he opened the door for me. The drive was quiet. Unlike the one when we came to the banquet. I wanna talked and cracked some topics but I don't know how. Suga was always the one that bombard me with things to talk about and now that he was silent too, it felt weird and awkward.
 
Aside from the fact that my mind was setting on a certain someone.
 
"Is there something bothering you?" He asked with a quick glance at me.
 
Finally he uttered out something that probably had been bugging him for a while. Now I really felt bad.
 
"No." I lied. "Not exactly."
 
Lying was the last option in this kind of situation. The situation where you really want to break the ice but don't know how. When offered with a question, I need to at least make up things (although it was still considered as lying) to make the conversation get going. Lying just dang like that automatically killed all possibilities of the conversation's continuity.
 
I'm such an idiot.
 
"Anyway, the banquet was really boring, right?" Suga unexpectedly chuckled, switching the topic right away.
 
"Eo? Eo..." I nodded, prolonged the word. "You're right about that."
 
"Right? I really don't know how they all rather to congregate with each other inside the stuffed hall than sitting at home watching Netflix while munching fries and chips."
 
That's it. The typical, talkative and cheerful Suga just came back from the outer space.
 
"Damn right." I agreed right away and he laughed. "I mean, Netflix has been releasing some really good stuff these days. A banquet? Brrrr." I faked a grumbling sound.
 
Suga continued laughing heartily that his orbs were no longer visible.
 
Suddenly I felt okay again.