Chapter 19

My CEO's Secret Love
Chapter 19
 
I put on my wedges hastily while holding the door frame. I only got about 5 minutes before the last bus came and the shoes weren't helping either. Apparently, Se Na had secretly threw all my rugged sneakers and plain sandals since she knew that was the only thing that will make me wear all of what she calls 'the girl's pride' she'd been buying me for the 'date'. Leaving me with no choice, here I am, having a hard time putting this tight little devil on since the clock was ticking uicker than ever.
 
Whilst running toward the bus stop, a bus drove beside me, blowing some strains of my hair without stopping by. Like a mad woman I am, I yelled 'stop' few times before giving in since the driver didn't give a damn about me running behind the engine.
 
I bent down and placed my hands on my knees while panting so hard I chocked on my own breathe. I glanced at my watch, 15 minutes before 8. I'm not gonna make it. The next bus will come in the next 30 minutes so yeah, I'm pretty dead.
 
A honking sounds startled me and I looked at the familiar red Porsche across the road. Looking at my confused look, Suga chuckled as he gestured his head to the side, mentioning for me to hop in.
 
"I really gotta repay you one day." I said when Suga started driving on the road.
 
"Dinner sounds cool?" He replied without looking at me. Almost in instance as if he was waiting for me to ask it.
 
"You seemed to be waiting." Suga smirked at my remark while nodding.
 
"Yeah, you could say that." We talked about some random things on the way and soon we arrived in front of the JaeGuk Group Enterprise building.
 
I got off from the car and muttered 'thanks' to Suga and he nodded.
 
"Remember," he said, mocking a serious tone in his voice. "You owe me a dinner."
I chuckled at that and nodded.
 
"Noted."
 
*
 
The whispers around me still didn't stop as I entered the building. The incident yesterday on how I was in Mr. Park's car didn't go unnoticed by the workers, especially the woman population. It wasn't a big deal to get off from your boss's car since you're his personal assistant, but when you a new worker, with a qualifications' doubt but still got the job anyways, it was certainly a big deal. To make things worse, I could hear they said something about Suga in the elevator that I'm his something.
 
Obviously, something bad.
 
Apparently, some people saw me getting off his car this morning. It's just so grosss to say things like that when I'm clearly was inside the lift. Nah, they just wanted me to hear them.
 
I went inside the office and Mr. Park still wasn't there. Lucky for me, I arrived earlier than him. I settled down at my desk, organized some paperworks before preparing a cup of coffee and placed it on Mr. Park's desk. I arranged the files on his desk and collected all the used paper on the floor and threw them into the bin. Now I know why he needed personal assistant so much. I just left early yesterday and his place was messed up already.
 
I heard the door opened and revealed the handsome Mr. Park walking inside the office. He was a jerk, no doubt to that, but his handsome face was undeniable. The only thing tainted his dashing-ness was his emotionless face. If he could smile a bit, he'll look a lot better. A lot alive.
 
"What are you doing, Ms. Oh?" He asked, snapping me out of thoughts. I was just caught checking my boss out. I quickly gazed away with my cheeks heated up madly and bowed down to him.
 
"I'm sorry, sir." Then my eyes caught something on his hand, aside from his briefcase.
 
"Oh," He noticed my eyes staring down at the bouquet of white roses and he put it up.
 
"Here," He shoved the bouquet to me, rather harshly.
 
"What's this?" I asked, quickly realized my stupid question at him. "I mean-"
 
"The receptionist said someone left it for you." He replied and walked pass me to his desk.
 
"For me?" I asked again.
 
"I think I just said that." He looked sharply at me with bored evident in his eyes and leaned against his chair.
 
"Oh, right." I nodded sheepishly. This was weird. In my life, I never received things like this regarding the fact that I've never been in relationships. I turned to walk to my desk when Mr. Park snapped his finger.
 
"The sender goes name by," He trailed while closing his eyes, trying to memorized the name in his head while I waited for him to proceed. "Machine gun?"
 
"Machinegunsmoker?" I asked abruptly and Mr. Park looked at me with weird expression.
 
"Yeah." He answered while still looking at me face which was now grinning widely.
 
"Really?" I asked excitedly. If I forgot he was my boss, I think I would ended up jumping up and down in front of him. , I actually am.
 
"Ms. Oh, I don't want to know a thing about, whatever that is, so if you finish jumping up and down, please go back to your work station and started working if you don't want me to fire you."
 
I snapped back to my sense and bowed down to him but I couldn't control myself from smiling like stupid.
 
"Alright, sir."
 
*
 
I actually felt a little weird. How is it possible for the machinegunsmoker guy to know that I worked here? I mean, he did knew I am a personal assistant of a big business company in he busy city of Seoul but to know exactly which company it was, that's a little bit suspicious. I'm happy with the sudden little surprise but I couldn't help but to think about the possibilities of his existence.
 
As I stared at the vase of white rose on my table, the calling buzz vibrated on my table and I looked up to Mr. Park and he was gesturing his hands, asking me to go to him. I straightened my blouse and went to him.
 
"Yes, sir?" I asked when I am already in front of his desk.
 
"Do I have any appointment for today?" He asked while leaning leisurely on his chair with his hands on the arms.
 
"No." I replied and quickly opened the schedule diary on my hand. "Um, but you got a dinner with
Mr. Jung on 8." I answered while sighing so slow he couldn't hear. Hundreds buck betting he's gonna cancel the dinner and I got to explain to Mr. Jung's personal assistant while listening to her nagging without bursting into endless curse since her words kept on getting harsher and harsher.
 
"Okay. Set the place." He replied unexpectedly.
 
"Ne?" I questioned and quickly realized my mistake.
 
"Ms. Oh, you need to stop asking the same questions over and over again. Do you need to get ear checkup or something? Please pay attention to me when I am talking."
 
I'm sorry, sir." I bowed down to him.
 
"Anyway," He turned his gaze to his laptop. "I'll pick you up on 7."
 
"Wait, sir." I interrupted. "I'm going as well?"
 
"Of course you are." He intertwined his fingers and looked at me. I noticed he loves to do that a lot.
 
"Unless you want to stop working. May I remind you, you're my personal assistant."
 
"But sir-" He glared at me and I shut my mouth right away. "I mean, alright, sir."