006 Unwind

Unwind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6: Brace yourself kids, get your teeth clean and shine,she is back.

 

Narrator’s POV

A lot had changed ever since each of the girls graduated from high school 5 years ago; they went to college with different background. Kiara pursued her studies abroad, following her parents request though she never liked the decision. They even made her studied something that she never liked, despite all the trouble she successfully graduated from college, majored in dentistry. Kiara eventually learned to love the job and she was ready to be transferred to any place to fulfil her jobs.

Song Sunhi on the other hand finally broke up with her 4 years clingy boyfriend that used to cheat on her multiple times. She focused on her studies more since she wanted to become a renowned fashion designer and to have her own fashion lines. Sunhi stayed in Korea refused to study abroad even though her family could afford it, the thought of burdening her family upset her. Her relationship with Jimin was becoming better compared to five years ago, he hated her lesser now but he still didn’t like to be seen around her alone. Ever since, Sunhi found out Jimin had a hopeless romantic feelings for Sera she had been blackmailing the guy with that to fix their relationship. It was worth it after all, Jimin really took the bait.

Kim Sera, she took a year break from studies after graduated and worked various jobs. She convinced her brother that she wanted to earn enough money for her to enrol into college. Seokjin was against her decision, they had a serious fight and they did not even talk for a week. He gave in when he realized how determined his sister was, he only wanted the best for his sister. Sera pursued her studies major in theatre, and she would graduate in few months.

Despite being in the same city, Sera and Sunhi rarely met each other due to their hectic schedule. They still kept in touch through messages and once in a while they would hang out for a drink. Jimin still kept his feelings for Sera caged in his heart refused to give in, the last time she saw the girl at a carnival held at their college. They went to the same college, Jimin majored in modern dance but they rarely bumped into each other. For some reason he missed seeing her around, he really wanted to spend time with her but he was too timid.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sera happily put on her vintage floral dress matching the season; she had a plan with Sunhi to pick Kiara at the airport. Her best friend finally back after studying her off abroad. Kiara’s request to be transferred to nearest hospital in Seoul was approved, so without wasting even a day abroad she immediately took the earliest flight that she could find to reach her hometown. Sunhi took a leave from her work and she dropped by Sera’s home before heading to airport.

“Oh god, look at my baby girl looking all pretty in her dress. When was the last time I saw you this pretty Sera?” Sunhi complimented her best friend as she looked extremely presentable today compared to her daily outfits.

“Stop flirting with me Miss Song, I might just fall for you even harder” Sera friend and buckled her seatbelt. “I am so excited to meet Kiara, it has been five years I wonder how much that girl changed!” Sunhi squealed excitedly, drove off leaving the neighbourhood. Along the journey the two best friend chatted happily reminiscing good old times, their parents, their college, their works and Park Jimin.

“How..urm.. is he?” Sera seemed hesitant to ask but Sunhi understood the third person that she was referring to. “ Who is that he? Jeon Jungkook?” Sunhi as she slapped her arms softly. Sera’s lips curled into a slight pout “ Not him. Jimin” she muttered softly.

“Oh now you are interested in my step brother? I thought you hated the idea of being with him?” Sunhi chuckled and continued before Sera got to nag at her denying things “ He is doing okay. He is busy with college stuff. You know they have this competition almost every month part of their evaluation. But he likes what he is doing, so I am not complaining. Both of you go to same college, didn’t you at least bump into him? That college is not that big Kim Sera. You are thick headed for god sake.”

“what is that supposed to mean? I never see him around maybe we are too busy and our schedule overlap, so yeah” Sera let out soft sigh sounded disappointed.

“ Do you by any chance have opened your heart for someone else which is not that Jeon Jungkook bastard?” Sunhi eyes fixed on the road, but she could sense her friend shifted uncomfortably on her seats upon hearing that name.

“Sera, it is time. Five years since you last met him, it is about time to let go. You cannot keep him longer and shut everyone off from your life. Come to think about it again, you were betrayed by your own snake best friend. I don’t even know why you would befriend that girl when you obviously have better friend like me and Kiara. And, she had her tongue down in his throat so you have to move on. There is someone more worth it, I am sure he is there waiting for the perfect time to tell you how much he love you” she smiled at the thought of her step brother who was madly in love with Sera since their school days.

“I know you are right Sunhi. I am afraid to get hurt again, unrequited love sure hurt like hell. It took me awhile to forget those awful day” Sera shook the bad memory that crept in.

Sera was confused with her own feelings, she had to admit she liked how Jimin held onto her that day when she felt her whole world crashed. Jimin gave sparks in her heart, she missed how he would for hugging him, and she knew there was something about Jimin that made her warm. Sera was so lost in her own thought and her lips unconsciously curled into a smile, when she remembered Jimin.

“Don’t be. You have to let go Jungkook completely then you will start to accept your real feelings. I am sure deep down inside you actually have someone else that you love. Jungkook was your past, nothing more. Focus on the present, the one in your heart currently it is important. “ Sera hated how her friend was always right about her.

She knew everything even though she said nothing, Sera was never an open book. She rarely shared her deepest problems that bothered her but she was a good listener, she helped to solve her friend’s problems most of the time. ‘Maybe Sunhi is right all along. I need to let go the past and this lingering feelings for Jungkook, I cant be this hopeless’ Sera stared longingly into the darkness as the car made it way into the city,

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter