033 Unwind

Unwind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 33: Just because I let you go, doesnt mean i wanted too

Days after days Jimin was getting more discouraged. His legs were the one stopped functioning but it felt like his world paused. Useless, worthless and unworthy. What else could he do in one day? He went for the so called best therapy as suggested by the doctor there, yet it showed no progress.

Whenever he saw his girl struggling pushing the wheelchair or helping him off and on that stupid moving chair, he grew frustrated. Why would she turn into his personal caretaker overnight? She was not obligated to do this for him. She was not his wife.

Jimin was not trying to sound ungrateful but he hated to see everyone got all worked up because of him. His parents would visit him every day and helped him with everything that he could have done by himself. The guys on the other hand, would come once in awhile showing their sympathy. It irked him to see everyone being extremely cautious as it turned out unnatural. Jin didn’t even want to crack his usual jokes and teases when that was the only thing could make him feel like a normal person for once.

He wanted to be treated like he normally did.

It had been a week but Jungkook never showed up, it upset him even more. He knew exactly why that younger boy never showed up. Jungkook had always been blaming himself in any situation and he was ashamed to face him. Of course, he was stupid enough to think that way but seriously who could stop Jungkook right?

Today’s therapy he refused to let Sera accompanied him, that girl had suffered enough taking care of her undocumented husband. She did not have to go to the extent of spending the whole time with him making sure he was fine. He was becoming cold towards Sera but Jimin admired her patience. Sera never complained or questioned his cold attitude instead she would still show up every day without failed.

At the end of the day, his intention was not to hurt Sera but he only needed time to adjust the changes in his life. The phase sped up without he realized and it petrified him. The future awaited him, how it turned out?

___

Sera was in deep thought even though she had a book in her hand, her attention was somewhere else. Her mind just couldn’t stop thinking about JImin’s drastic change. He was obviously pushing her away basically every single person in his life. She knew it was hard for him to face the truth so she respected him.

A manly voice brought her back to reality as she looked up to see Jungkook stood handsomely there with a bouquet of flower in his hand “Ser…” he grinned sheepishly. Jungkook looked stupidly cute with that innocent and angelic smile as he rubbed his back neck nervously.

Sera smiled widely “JEON JUNGKOOK OH GOD WHERE WERE YOU?” without he realized, Sera was already on her feet, crashing him into a tight hug. He softened because as much as he tried to push her away these past few days, it failed him.

He encircled his arm around her, resting his chin on top of her head. Jungkook missed her sweet scent that intoxicated him “You are being too obvious. I know you are missing me” Jungkook let out a small chuckle. Sera nodded and snuggled closer “I do. I am worried about you too. Are you okay?” he flinched noticed the change in her tone. Something was wrong.

He her back “ I am fine. I was pretty busy in and out from the prosecution office but thankfully it all ended yesterday” Sera pulled away and tilted her head while blinking confusedly. Jungkook groaned in his mind, hating the fact that he was weak even with that slight innocent look she gave him. How sickening was that.

“So, it is over? No more Max” she muttered under her breath. That name was a poison, none of them wanted to be remembered with those gory memories again.

“Yes no more Max. You don’t have to live in fear anymore” his free hand found way to caress her cheeks as he gazed into her eyes affectionately. Indeed, Sera was too comfortable around him and too dumb to realize that this guy was obviously in love with her. Jungkook showed unintentional affection but sometimes way over the top to the point people mistook Sera as his girlfriend.

She let out a sigh of relief “I am glad he will no longer bother you. You can have a normal life after years” she cupped his cheeks and squished it with a soft giggle. His heart pounded like crazy.

“I have a lot of things to do so I will make sure to get it done. By the way, are you feeling any better? When will you be discharged?” both of them took a seat side by side on the bench.

“I opened my stitches yesterday so I am good to go tomorrow. But I will probably stay with Jimin to make sure he goes for the treatment” she smiled meekly. Jungkook was too sharp to realize the change in her expression; he was convinced something went wrong between them.

He was contemplating at first whether to inquire her about Jimin “How’s Jimin hyung taking this? I am worried of him yet afraid to face him. It is my fault that he ends up this way” he played with his fingers with a heavy sigh.

“Actually… he has been pushing everyone away even though he’s following the therapy session without complaint. Jiminie does not really want to talk about it” she felt something heavy tugging her heart. There was part of her wanted to confront Jimin however it was not the right time to bring up this matter in their conversation. If he needed time, that’s what he got but it would not stop her to stay by his side.

Gathering his thought, his lips were pressed into a thin line as Sera continued “ I know he is hurting but he chooses to keep it to himself. I wish he opens up to me and stop pushing me away. Am I a bad girl friend that he needs to set a boundary between us?” she stated, shoulder slumped forward in disappointment. ached with a desire to cry aloud, just to vent out the frustration inside her.

“You are the best things that ever happen in hyung’s life, Kim Sera. Don’t you even dare to downgrade yourself. Hyung is not himself lately, don’t take it to your heart” his eyes were fixed on her.

Tears began to fill her eyes and she swallowed a lump in “I just want to stay by his side…” she suddenly let out a sob. For some reason, the cold treatment by Jimin overwhelmed her. She tried her best to accommodate him but he made it clear that her help was a burden to him. Sera did not do it out of pity but pure love.

One of his hands found its way to her cheeks “Sera…” his touch was tender with his eyes locked on hers earnestly. She averted her gaze from him, and she struggled not to flinch when he moved to her cheek again. The simple touch somewhat ignite something foreign, yet familiar. Sera shook the thought off from her mind; she should not fall into her evil thought.

Jungkook was looking at her so lovingly which confused her, there was too much things going on her head at once “Jimin hyung.. he loves you” the corner of his lips was tugged into a small smile.

‘So do I, Kim Sera’ he sighed inwardly. He pulled her into a tight hug making sure Sera wouldn’t catch the change in his expression. Jungkook was doing well in hiding his feeling but seemed like the bubble would burst by anytime soon, he needed to be mentally ready.

Sera softened at his sincerity and gladly returned the hug “Thank you Jungkook-ah, for being a good listener and friend. I can’t imagine how dull it will be without you” he nodded, her hair. When the time came, he would bid a proper farewell and left his past behind especially Kim Sera. He just wanted to cherish his last moments with her.

_____________________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter