Second Encounter

Wrongful Encounter

Sehun POV

I got out my van after a deep breath. I finally went trough the crowd that was there and got into SM sweating and short of breath. These girls - I saw some men too - would eventually devour me. Today was a good day: my shirt was still intact. How could they know that I was training in SM’s building today and at what time? They were really scary!

I saw the receptionist ask for help to contain the crowd that was accumulating outside. I moved quickly to the elevator when I collided violently with someone. Instinctively, I stretched out my arm to catch my opponent.

  • 괜찮으세요? (Gwaenchanheuseyo? Are you okay?)

I stepped back, still holding the person by the arm. My heart started to race when I recognized the person. It was her!!

She raised her head, still stunned by the shock.

  • 네. 감사합니다 (Ne. Gamsahabnida. Yes, thank you)…Exo-ssi!!

I start laughing, still holding her arm. Exo-ssi? So I was right, she did not know who was who.

  • My name is not Exo-ssi, Jang Aria-ssi...You still don't know the members' face do you?

She started to blush. She was so adorable that I decide to help her.

  • Even if you don't get the others, always remember my face and my name.

She raised her head and looked at me with her big does eyes.

  • My name is Sehun. Oh Sehun. 만나서 반가워요 (Mannaseo bangawoyo. Nice to meet you).

 

Aria POV

For a moment, I remained open-mouthed. Oh Sehun. Oh yeah! The막내 (maknae. Youngest)!! What was SM feeding this kid?? He was so tall that I felt that my neck would be sore if I spent more than 20 minutes talking to him. And also, this hard torso that had nearly sent me waltzing was his? He was like what?  22?

I shook my head and pulled out my arm from his grip. What was it with Korean people and wrist grabbing? I made a small bow and turned to leave.

  • No one can go out at the moment said Oh Sehun, following me. My fans took the building by storm.

I was forced to admit that he was right. Hysterical girls were screaming his name and there was no way out of this human tide.

I bit my lower lip. I had to go back to the University. I had a lecture in 3 hours and I need to prepare for it. With Park 선생님 (seonsaengnim) project, I could not do that the night before. I was studying everything I could about EXO...to no avail. There were 9 of them. 9. And I was lucky because before, they were 12.

  • I will be able to leave before 4 pm right? I asked Oh Sehun

He nodded. I sighed in relief and walked over to the lobby. I let myself fall into one of the armchairs and took a magazine to distract me.

  • What are you doing?

I looked up at Oh Sehun. Why was he still following me?

  • I'm going to read. Can’t you see that?
  • How old are you?

In South Korea, it was common practice to ask a person's age to know the degree of politeness to address him. I smirked.

  • I'm way older than you.
  • You didn't even know who I was 2 minutes ago, how can you be so sure?

I smiled at him without answering. He looked at me and shook his head. For the first time, I felt uncomfortable been stared like that. I pulled on the edge of my short pink skirt, nervous.

  • 따라오세요. (Ttaraoseyo. Come with me).

He held out his hand. I looked at him like an idiot.

  • 왜요? (Waeyo? Why?)
  • Because. 날 따라와 (Nal ttarawa. Come with me)

Did he just use 반말 (banmal? Casual speech)? I bit my lower lip again. My heart was pounding for no reason. It was Oh Sehun, a kid. Just a kid. Taking his hand will mean nothing. And, going with him will allowed me to have some insight on him that I could not get with his manager always around. It was a chance not to be missed.

I held out my hand and he helped me up. He immediately released it after that.

  • Tell me more about the study you are going to do.
  • The study? About your fans? I thought you were all okay with it?

He gave me a smile that I'm pretty sure could melt the iceberg that sank the Titanic. He was a really handsome kid.

  • Of course we are okay with it Jang Aria-ssi. You are like our life savior.

I got in the elevator after him and began to explain to him how the brain's works and the meaning of endorphins.

  • So my fans lose their head because they associate me with something that gives them pleasure?
  • Or they just think of your chest and your abs I replied without thinking.
  • Thank you.

I started blushing and look everywhere except at Sehun. What was that? Maybe I was really tired and needed to sleep more.

  • Do you know you have 70-year-old fans? And that a growing number of them are men? Not you Oh Sehun, but all of EXO?
  • 예 (Ye. Yes). So what? We love all our fans.

I held back a smile. It was true. Last night, I watched an episode of a Korean variety show, Entertainment Weekly, in which he had given a back hug to a fan, a man.

  • Where are we going? I asked to change the subject.
  • I'm going to repeat for our album. The others are coming too.
  • Ah, Ex’act!

Oh Sehun smiled.

  • Someone did their research. We're here.

I went into a dance studio where four men and five girls were waiting. Some other guys that I recognize as EXO's members were there too.

  • Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Xiumin murmured Sehun next to my ear.

I cast him a thankful glance and he winked at me. I smiled a little: we had a secret together.

He greeted everyone and took off his jacket. He kept his sunglasses and his cap. I put myself in a corner hopping not to disturb them. Why did he bring me with him?

  • 모두, 여기는 (Modu, yeogi neun. Everyone, this is) Jang Aria-ssi. Aria-ssi, this is everyone.

I jumped when I heard my first name. Apparently, Sehun had decided not to talk to me formally. I saw others members shaking their heads and rolling their eyes.

  • 안녕하세요 (Annyeonghaseyo. Hello) I’m Jang Aria I muttered, bowing.
  • Aria-ssi, asked Sehun, what's your favorite song?

I looked at him perplexedly. My favorite song? Of EXO? !! I watched a bunch last night but I couldn't remember any of them now.

  • Uh…the wolf one?

Sehun smiled and pulled me by the arm.

  • Sit down here. Guys, before the others arrive, let's do 늑대와 미녀 (Neugdaewa minyeo. Wolf) choreography for her.
  • But there's only 4 of us said a guy with a large set of ears.
  • This pretty lady will put order in our life...we can do that much for her

I raised my hands.

  • You don’t have to do that…I’ll watch the video and…
  • Aria-ssi, we are going to dance for you.

The other 3 members just shook their heads and got in position. So, the 막내 (maknae) was the king in this group? Good to know. I stopped thinking the second those 4 boys start to move before me. God!! They were good. No they were perfect! I saw Sehun looking at me, smiling and I could not help return his smile. I had a big idiotic grin on my face. I was having a personal concert from EXO and million of girls will kill to be in my spot.

Oh Sehun was really good and I felt myself smiling. I liked how he treated me: like a big sister. I got up and started to clap when they finish. I got a bottle of water and gave it to a smiling Sehun.

  • 어땠어? (Eottaesseo? How was it?) He asked me
  • You guys are phenomenal. It was amazing!

I lowered my voice and asked him

  • Witch one is Baekhyun?  Witch one is Chanyeol?

Sehun started to laugh and took his time to drink some water before taking me by the hand. He dragged me towards his friends.

  • Guys, Aria-ssi have some problems remembering your ugly faces. Introduce yourself again.
  • 그게 아니야 (Geuge aniya. It’s not that) I said quickly. You’re not ugly it’s just that…
  • Don’t worry Jang Aria-ssi said one of them. We’re used to Sehun speech. Don’t let him get to you…I’m Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. I have big ears. You can use that to recognize me.
  • You have cute ears I correct him with a smile. It’s also a sing of superior intelligence.

Sehun almost chocked on his water.

  • Oh Aria-ssi please! He said snorting. This Dumbo will think that it’s true.
  • Dumbo??

Sehun ran away before Chanyeol could grab him. Baekhyun and Xiumin went to help punish the evil 막내 (maknae). I started laughing seeing them being so normal, so innocent. I’ve made the right choice choosing to work at SM.