나쁜 놈들 (Nappeun nomdeul. Bastards) Part 2

Wrongful Encounter

Aria POV

I opened my office door after running away from Park 선생님 (seonsaengnim) questions. I could not answer him because I had no answers. I didn't know why I suddenly had bodyguards following me around...and I didn't know if they were from SM Entertainment or from the Rockefeller foundation...

  • You can't go inside I said, turning to the two men that was following me without a word since this morning...For security reasons, you can't.

They just bowed to me and stood in front of my door. I went in and almost had another heart attack. Emi was there!

  • Emi...Emilie! You're…what...
  • Good morning Elisabeth...or should I continue to address you as Aria? It's so confusing...But please, take a seat. You look like you'll pass out at anytime.

I sat down in front of her and noticed that she was on my chair...

  • Elisabeth she said passing a hand trough her perfect hair, I thought that you were dating that freakishly tall kid...how do you know Ji Yong Kwon?

Ji Yong? Why? Do they know each other?

  • Uh...I worked for YG and…
  • Ah, the project that you're doing with your university.

She chuckled.

  • It's a really small world.
  • And…how...you...

Why was it so hard to talk to her now? We had spoken on the phone six months ago...exactly the day that I brought a drunk and unconscious Ji Yong to my place. I scratched my throat and asked.

  • How do you know him? You never mentioned that.
  • Oh! We met last year in Paris...you know that Chanel is now the official Vanderbilt's “maison de couture”, so I attend their fashion show last year… I met Ji Yong there...he was with another handsome guy that went to the Dior event. Ji Yong and I had the most amazing night that day.
  • Kwon Ji Yong-ssi. I said before I could prevent myself.

Emi raised a perfect eyebrow.

  • What?
  • Here in Korea, when you're not close to someone, you should refer to him or her with respect. Calling him Ji Yong make it sound like either you're his friend, either you're really rude.

She started to laugh, like what I just said was stupid. Maybe it was...they had spent an amazing night together in Paris...설마? (Solma. Can't believe it) did they have ?

  • What...what do you mean by amazing night? I asked
  • Why are you so curious about that? Just know that you should stay away from him...I think I'm getting really into him... ah...those stares, that face, that body....

I suddenly got up, felling pissed out for some unknown reason.

  • Emi, what's happening? Why are you in Korea? And you keep calling me Elisabeth? And with...with…
  • With Gabriel? Dear Elisabeth, did you really believed it when I said that sending you to Korea was to protect you?

I looked at her blankly. Yes, I had believed that. She started to laugh again and for the first time, I realized that her eyes were not smiling; they were really cold, calculative...

  • I was so pissed at you. What the hell did you have more than me to have Gabriel only looking at you? How do you think he found  out about you and my brother? How do you think he got those pictures? And who do you think sent my brother to your house?

I felt the blood racing to my brain. What was she taking about? No…Not Emi...

  • I'm a Vanderbilt, born and raise. I'm the perfect partner for Gabriel but you...an unknown bug that came from nowhere, was getting the spotlight? I was so annoyed when instead of dumping you, he decided to put you into the rank...I even thought that some beating will be enough to made you dump him, but no! You were too dumb to even do that.

She got up, febrile.

  • I saw the perfect opportunity to get you out of everyone life when you told me that he was beating you and I offer you the life that you deserved...a no one life...

What? Emi...what?

  • But then your grandmother received a call from that Lee Soo Man old guy and we were ordered to bring you back...Thank God for that Lee Soo Man guy, he got himself some deal with your grandparents and you can stay here and live how you want with your tall kid...

My head was spinning and my mouth was dry. My friend, my best friend, my only friend...No…

  • But you know what she continued, ruthless, I decided that I don't want Gabriel anymore, he can fight your kid and have you back...Me, I want that dragon man, I want...how do you say it…ah Kwon Ji Yong-ssi.
  • 절대! (Jeoldae. Never). I screamed at her. That would never happen...Ji Yong-ah would never....
  • Elisabeth!

I turned to the door like they had hit me. Gabriel was standing there, all smiles, like nothing was never wrong between us, like I haven't run away from him almost 3 years ago.

  • Gabriel…What...how...
  • I invited him here said Emi standing up and taking her purse...The 3 friends' reunion…but I'll leave the two of you together...I actually have a business offer for YG Entertainment.

I suddenly gripped her arm when she passed next to me.

  • 너는 할 수 없어 ... 제발 하지마 (Neoneun halsu eobseo...jebal hajima. You can't do that...please don't do that.)
  • Dear Elisabeth, I don't speak Korean but I get what you want to say. Don't worry. I'll say hi to Ji Yong for you. Have a great time together lovers.

And she left, leaving me alone with my greatest fear: Gabriel Bombardier.

 

Ji Yong POV

Hyun Suk 형 (hyeong) casted me a glance, begging me to behave. Behave? I was barely contending myself right now. I turned an annoyed look towards Emilie Vanderbilt.

  • How do you know our Ji Yong-ssi? Asked Hyun Suk 형 (hyeong).
  • Oh, we met at a Chanel fashion show last year and yesterday at the Blue House dinner...I'm here with UNESCO and we would like to do some business with YG Entertainment.
  • I thought that you were here to do business with SM? I said, frowning.
  • No, you got it wrong. The Rockefeller foundation, along with the Bombardier foundation, is doing business with SM. The Vanderbilt foundation would prefer to tie the knot with YG.

I exchanged a glance with Hyun Suk 형 (hyeong). I was sure now: that lady was a foe, not a friend.

  • The Rockefeller foundation? I repeat.

She looked down and if I didn't know about her, I would have though that no one could be more innocent than that woman.

  • Well...yes...we...there's some...I can't really talk about it....

She casted a discreet look at Hyun Suk 형 (hyeong).

  • Maybe...Let's have dinner tonight Ji Yong-ssi and we can talk more about it.

I opened my mouth to tell her to go to hell but changed my mind. I needed to find some evidence that Emilie Vanderbilt was evil to get her out of Aria's life.

  • 좋아 (Joha. Good) I said...Tell me your hotel name. I'll come pick you up tonight at 8.

She got up, smiling gently. I hate that woman, she was scary.

  • I'm at the Samsung S hotel. I'll wait for you Ji Yong-ssi...and Hyun Suk Yang-ssi, my lawyer will fax you the proposal plan. You can call me and we'll discuss it.

She gave Hyun Suk 형 (hyeong) her business card and I could not help notice that she had a great fashion sense. She was truly a beautiful woman.

  • Ji Yong-ssi, can you accompany me to my car?

I would come like a jerk if I said no to such cute request. I inhaled deeply and put a fake smile on my face.

  • Of course. Let's go.

Hyun Suk 형 (hyeong) scratched his throat and took out his phone. I received at message soon after. “You'll need a battle plan. I'll go gather the others. 화이팅! (Hwaiting. Fighting)!”

 

Aria POV

I took two steps back when Gabriel extended his hand towards me.

  • Elisabeth, do you know how long I've search for you?
  • You...Please stay away...I don't want to...
  • Why are you acting like I'm the bad guy here? You're the one who ran away! I wanted to marry you, have kids with you, and grow old with you…
  • No…you...you're bad...no…

I could feel my heart in my throat, threatening to jump out of my body. All my muscles were losing their strength and I was on the verge of passing out “ Ji Yong-ah, 도와줘, 제발 (Dowajwo, jebal. Help me, please)”.

  • Elisabeth, I'm here to take you back...you're coming home with me.

He came closer and the only thing I could do was to close my eyes and shake like a leaf in the wind. I felt his hand on my cheek and I bit my lips to blood to repress the nauseating feeling. God, please no, not again. My door suddenly was burst open and a very – but very – furious Sehun was there. With one look, he got hold of the situation and sent Gabriel flying away with his fist.

  • You ing stay away from her you bastard!

Gabriel looked at him, dumbfounded. I rapidly went to Sehun open arms and he shielded me with his body.

  • If you ever touch her again, I'll freaking kill you!
  • Do you even know you I'm am? I'm...
  • A ing jerk that can only feel like a man when beating a woman, that's who you are...

Even if I was scared out of my mind, I still try to hold Sehun back. I didn't want him to fight and get hurt.

  • Kid, you really think that Elisabeth loves you? She will play with you, cheat on you and then leave you...She's worst than any gold digger...And I'm a Bombardier, I can make your life a living hell.

I didn't know where I found the courage, but hearing him threatening Sehun like that made my blood boiled. The only wrong thing that kid had done was to always be there for me.

  • Touch him and I swear to God that you'll find out that I'm not only a Rockefeller but also a Walton!

Gabriel opened wide eyes. I quickly lowered mines and buried my face in Sehun's back. The latter took my hand and took me out of my office. I could not help notice that a fairly large amount of the university staff was looking at us and had their cell phones out.

  • Sehun-ah, you're not wearing your mask...people are taking pictures!
  • Let them was the answer I got.

I shook my head. That kid!! But I was far to relieve that he came for me to scold him right now. I look at our entwined hands and felt myself blushing. Sehun was my boyfriend, I was practically sure that I was in love with him...so why did Ji Yong was the one I called when I felt like dying? We got in the parking lot and his van was there.

  • 누나 (Nuna)!

Chanyeol got out the vehicle and ran towards us.

  • Are you okay? What's going on? We just received a call from your bodyguards saying that some UNESCO person was with you.... why do you have bodyguards?

I turned to Sehun. He was still breathing hard, pissed about Gabriel.

  • You received a call? Bodyguards?
  • Yes, Lee Soo Man 선생님 (seonsaengnim) hired them last night for your protection...He was right. That bastard could have hurt you without them!!
  • Uh...guys...what are you talking about?

We turned to Chanyeol that was looking at us with big eyes. Sehun sighed and pushed him aside, his hand never leaving mine.

  • 있어 (isseo. There is)...You don't need to worry about that. Let's go. We're taking Aria-ah to her apartment.

I gave an apologetic smile to Chanyeol and felt a bit guilty. Because of me, Sehun was lying and keeping secrets from the very ones he had introduce to me as his brothers...

 

Ji Yong POV

I discreetly took a look at my watch. ! Has time stopped or something? I felt like I was listening to Emilie Vanderbilt from at least one hour! But it was only 8:45, 10 minutes since we had arrived at the restaurant.

  • Are you a regular here Ji Yong?

She started blushing...신기한 (Sinkihan. Interesting). She was able to do that on command.

  • Aria told me that here in Korea, I have to address you a certain way or...
  • You've talk to Aria?
  • Yes, we met this morning...why do you look so surprised? We are best friends…you know about Aria right?

I was shocked. They met this morning? Were my deductions wrong and Emilie was a true friend? In that case, why did she act like that on the banquet night?

She sighed, getting my attention back. She put down her wine glass and looked down.

  • Aria...is my best friend...and… I suffer when she suffer… I don't understand why heaven keep sending all the bad things her way....

She looked at me and her eyes were wet with tears.

  • They found out that I was the one that help her...back at home, no one believed that this...this...bad man was hurting her, everyone blame me, saying that I sent her away because I was jealous...So, when that Lee Soo Man man called to say that he had found her, I was ordered to redeemed myself, to bring her back home...I was being watch and I could not even let her know that I was coming and to fool Gabriel, I had to hurt my best friend that way and…

She started to cry and I felt like the world last jerk. I never thought about her side, never thought about what she felt... I pat her hand that was on the table.

  • I'm sorry...Please don't cry Emilie...And you can call me Ji Yong...it's okay...
  • We...We...I met her this morning to help her. I went to tell her the truth and…I need to think about a plan so she can stay here. She was never that happy back in New York...that boyfriend of hers is amazing.

My grip hardened on her hand without me realizing that. Oh Sehun.

  • Did you...by any chance; did you think that I was on Gabriel side?

! I took her hand on mine, sending her a y smile, hoping to distract her.

  • You said that Lee Soo Man called to let the Rockefeller know about Aria?
  • Yes...I don't like that man she said, shivering

We actually had a lot in common.

  • I don't like him either...If you need help, count me in Emilie...And…why did you choose Korea for your friend?

She smiled and my breath got taken away. . That woman was beautiful: short and wavy natural blond hair, big green eyes, and pink lips. She was smiling and her eyes was still glistering with tears, not even red...

  • It was the farthest I could think about...I even got her a Korean name: Jang Aria.

I laughed. Maybe this evening was not going to be as bad as I thought.

 

Sehun POV

Maybe this evening was a bad idea. The first persons we saw when we got in the restaurant was G-Dragon 선배님 (Seonbaenim) and that blond lady, laughing together. He was even holding her hand. I casted a glance at Aria and she was so pale that I thought that she was going to faint.

  • What...Why...they...oh...

She was not even forming coherent sentences. I noticed how her hand automatically went to her neck, grabbing her necklace. I took that same hand and smiled at her.

  • This is your friend...and G-Dragon is a 선배 (seonbae. Senior). Let's go say hi.

She opened wide eyes and before she could say a word, I dragged her over their table. The laughter ceases immediately and G-Dragon released his hold onto the blond lady's hand.

  • 안녕하세요 (Annyeonghaseyo) I said bowing to them.
  • Eli...Aria...are you okay? Why are you so pale? Said the blond lady, half getting up.

I instinctively stood in front of my girlfriend and the lady sat back, a sad smile on her face.

  • I see...you're still mad at me...It's okay...We have not been introduce she said giving me her hand, a brave and trembling smile on her face.

I gave her my hand, wondering. Did I just make her cry? She was Aria's best friend!

  • I'm Sehun. Oh Sehun.
  • Hello Oh Sehun-ssi, I'm Emilie Vanderbilt...Aria told me that I have to call all of you “ssi” or I'll come out as a really rude person.

I laughed a little, uncomfortable. Why did I come here again? I glanced at Aria, hoping for some help. She was just killing G-Dragon with her stares while the other was just sipping his wine. WTF was going on?

  • It was nice to see you...we'll go now.
  • Oh! Do you want to sit with us? Offered Emilie
  • They don't have much time to be together intervened G Dragon before we could answer. This is their alone time...Go be with your girlfriend Sehun-ah.
  • 예 선배님 (ye, seonbaenim) I said bowing again before dragging Aria away.

We sat our table and I felt like I made the worst mistake in my life: Aria's eyes never left G-Dragon's table all night. Even when they eventually left, she was still glaring at the empty space. An couple hours after we got there, she suddenly laid down her cutlery and stood up.

  • Sehun-ah, 미안해 (mianhae. sorry), but I have to go.

I got up.

  • Okay, I'll take you...
  • No, it's fine. I have to take care of something before going home. Don't worry.

And she left. I sat down and finished my steak, trying to quiet to little voice that was telling me that she was going to him...to G-Dragon. I didn't know why, but I kept putting them together and for a moment, I felt bad for his poor soul. Aria was looking downright scary when she left.