Rumors has it: Part 1

Wrongful Encounter

Aria POV

I opened large eyes and a large mouth but no sound came out. This was a dream; there were no other words to describe what was happening. I went to sleep last night, feeling sick of my stomach because of how it had ended with Ji Yong and woke up this morning to find an entire country, no, an entire Continent hating me.

Dispatch had somehow found pictures of Sehun and I. They have been tracking us for the last six months and revealed everything… even my real name and my family affiliation with SM latest business venture.

I had barely made it inside SM building when a flock of paparazzi, angry fans, crying fans, and concerned fans had taken the building by storm. My bodyguards had taken me to a secure room and the police had been called to secure the perimeter.

I had texted Sehun and the poor kid was still on his way. How was he going to get in? They were going to skin him alive. I glanced at my phone and could not help being a little hurt. No text, no calls from Ji Yong. I was sure that he knew about my scandal, he was in Korea and the entire Universe knew about my scandal with Sehun. My phone rang and I hesitated a moment. It was an unknown number and I had been advised not to answer them until SM released a confirmation statement. The media and stalker fans would start calling me soon.

  • He…Hello?
  • 누나 (nuna)? It’s Daesung. How are you?

Daesung? I suddenly got up, panicking.

  • Is Ji Yong okay? Did he get hurt? Is that why he hasn’t called me? What happened?
  • Uh…Ji Yong 형 (hyeong) just left for California…I don’t think he’s there yet and he was fine this morning.

I felt myself blushing. What the was that?

  • Ah…yeah…California…how are you Daesung-ssi? Is everything okay?
  • Yes, thank you 누나 (nuna). I’m calling to know if you have to time to have dinner with us? Top , Yongbae 형, Seungri and I kind of miss you and…we think you kind a need our help.
  • Daesung-ssi, I…I’ll love to, but…I’m kind of under surveillance. I can’t get out.

Daesung laughed a little.

  • Because of your scandal? Don’t worry. We can get you out. We’re experts… Just text me the time and the location and we’ll come to bail you out. See you soon 누나 (nuna).

And he hung up. So Ji Yong had left for California this morning? Maybe he still didn’t know about my scandal and that was the reason I didn’t get a call yet.

 

Ji Yong POV

I was acting like a coward. Why did I have to leave my country like some wanted criminal?

I had called Taeyang last night and I had drunk more than I can count. I had poured my heart to my best friend and I had even cried.

“ You know what angers me the most is that she hurts me, but act like she didn’t do anything wrong. I wish I could hurt her the way she hurt me. But I know that if I had the chance, I wouldn’t do it…한심하다 (Hansimada. Pathetic).”

Of course, Yongbae being Yongbae, had called the other three to the recourse. We had spent the night drinking, talking and TOP 형 (hyeong) had told that I was maybe a little depressed. This morning, when I woke up with a beautiful hangover (winked at my song), Sehun and Aria were all over the news. That’s been more than I could take: she had agreed to go public with Oh Sehun. I had taken a first-class ticket to L.A. Going away for a while, seeing my friends will be good for me.

  • Ji Yong-ssi?

I looked up and saw a perplexed Emilie looking at me.

  • What…you’re going to Los Angeles? She asked
  • Oh…yeah…work stuff…you?

She smiled.

  • Me too… foundation stuff… Your boss told me that you were the one that convince him to work with us. Thank you. If you have the time, I’ll treat you to a meal in Los Angeles.

She smiled again and then left. I followed her with my eyes. Her seat was 2 rows in front of mine and she sat there, reading the paper. Maybe she was fleeing to…after all the craps she took for Aria, that ungrateful girl just announced her relation to the world, not even knowing what she was doing. I sighed. Her life was going to get harder. Critics were going to tear her apart.

I shook myself. No. I didn’t have to concern myself with her well-being, she had a boyfriend to do that for her. I took a deep breath and got up.

  • Emilie… do you want to seat together? 15 hours is kind a long when you’re alone.

Her smile was the best reward I got.

 

Sehun POV

The month went by really fast. I didn’t even have time to cope with everything. After the world had found that about Aria and I, everyone started to call her Elisabeth. She didn’t say anything, but I could tell that she really hates it. I did my best to protect her but at the end, Big Bang 선배님들 (Seonbaenimdeul. Seniors) were always the ones rescuing her. G-Dragon was not the only friend she got at YG. TOP, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri were always there… like guarding their friend’s girl. It pissed me off but I was also grateful. Their experience in the field made them able to predict dangerous situations and to avoid them.

  • Sehun-ah! You got it wrong again!

The music stopped and everyone turned to look at me. We were reversing for our MAMA stage. Next week, we were going to Hong Kong for the MAMA and because of me, we were behind schedule. The choreographer was frustrated but didn’t want to say anything and get into Lee Soo Man 선생님 (seonsaengnim) bad side. Even with the controversy of my relation with an older, foreign woman, SM’s stock price had risen at a 3.4% and every EXO merchandizes, albums were sold out. Our international fan base had widened beyond imagination and I was Lee Soo Man 선생님 (seonsaengnim) new precious child. Just expressing them could fulfill every wishes of mine.

  • 죄송 해요 (Choesong haeyo. I’m sorry) I said bowing to the man.
  • Let’s all take 5 and relax. I know that the dance can be a little complicate but I believed in you guys.

We all went to sit and Chanyeol put a comprehensive hand on my shoulder.

  • Are you okay? Asked D.O
  • Dude, I’m so grateful to you and your fame now said Kai sprawl on the floor. I’m dead. I don’t think I can even move… Sehun-ah, ask him to cancel rehearsal today and…

Suho kicked him before I could do it.

  • 닥쳐 (Dakchyeo. Shut up)! But he’s right Sehun-ah, you can relax… Aria 누나 (nuna) is not today’s subject.

That got my attention.

  • Yeah…apparently, G-Dragon 선배님 (seonbaenim) is dating that Emilie girl…누나 (nuna) best friend. They’re like a ton of pictures of them and even a video. They were exiting a restaurant and got caught by the press…G Dragon 선배님 (seonbaenim) protected her with everything he got.

That…that was good news right? But why do I feel like something bad was going to happen?