Second Encounter

Wrongful Encounter

Aria POV

  • 오늘??? (Oneul? Today)

I stared at Park선생님(seonsaengnim) without compassion. He lowered his head.

  • Aria-yah ... 그거 미안해 (Geugeo mianhae. I'm sorry about that) but Lee 사장님 (sajangnim. boss) is leaving for China tomorrow, he can only receive us today and I have my conference and ... 제발(Jebal. Please). I promise I’ll go to SM myself next week.

I held back a grunt of anger as I thought about this conversation. I looked up at the building in Hapjeong-dong. Of course it have to be near my house. Of course, life could not just leave me alone!  Apparently, Lee 사장님 (sajangnim) , the marketing director for YG could only receive us today and he was leaving for China soon. My dear Park 선생님(seonsaengnim) had, of course, a  skype conference with a university in London which he could not cancel. So I was left alone to face YG Entertainment.

I walked into the parking lot and got booed by the numerous fans waiting outside.

All of this was just building my anger. I wanted to turn around and yelled at them to go home and do something with their lives. I was not going there because I had nothing else to do. I got blackmailed into that! I took a deep breath and put my fake smile on. I went to the security guard who looked at me suspiciously.

  • Hello, I have an appointment with Lee Soo Gun사장님 (sajangnim).  I'm Jang Aria for Park Seung Ho 선생님(seonsaengnim).

The security guard looked at me from head to toes and I smiled again to avoid pulling my tongue at him. I was often stared at in South Korea. My caramel skin and my frizzy hair were a source of curiosity for these asians who were all looking for a pale and white and pearly skin.

  • Take the elevator, the 10rd floor, he answered giving me a pass.

I smiled politely and headed for said elevator, trying not to break a leg in the dark lobby. Maybe they were all vampires in that agency. How can they see where they were going? A young man in a three-piece suit was already waiting for it. Apparently he was late, he kept pressing the call button and muttering in his beard.

He sighed and let out a curse that could offend a trooper. I turned to him with a smile.

  • You know, the stairs are right there.

He looked at me with astonishment and folded his arms.

  • 그래서? (Geuraeseo? So what?)
  • If you don't want to wait, is it not best to take the stairs?
  • It's a private elevator, it should not take that long.

Private lift? I looked at the badge that I held in my hand. Private access to YGE.

  • Why are you taking this elevator? Asked the young man. The employee's ones are there.

My brain recorded that he was not an employee. I stuffed my badge under his eyes.

  • Private access I told him.

The elevator arrived at this moment and I went into it without paying him the slightest attention. My stomach was starting to hurt and my hands were cold. I was going to meet the marketing director of a big company. What if I forget my Korean? Or made a mistake that he would judge intolerable? What if because of me, Park선생님(seonsaengnim) loses his chance to work with YG?

I breathed deeply and nearly fainted when the door opened on the 10nth floor.

  • Good day, said the young man.

Without answering him, I turned my heels towards the reception.

  • Hello, I have an appointment with Lee Soo Gun 사장님 (sajangnim).  I'm Jang Aria for Park Seung Ho 선생님 (seonsaengnim).

Same look filled with curiosity from her, same fake smile from me. The girl seated me in a soft armchair. Nervousness took over me again. I really was not dress up to meet a director. My God! I was going to offend him because I was not prepared enough. I silently cursed at Park 선생님.

I was wearing black skinny jeans, a little black top. My hair was tied in a loose chignon over my head. The only plus was my high-heeled green sandals that  gave me a chic air.

I put on my glasses and took out the pre-study that Park선생님(seonsaengnim) had given me.

  • 아가씨 (Agassi)? Lee 시장님 (sajangnim) will receive you now.

I got up and followed another young woman along an impressive corridor. A massive mahogany door blocked the passage.

The young woman knocked discreetly and faded away to let me in. I breathed deeply and walked into the office with a smile on my face ... Smile that froze when  Lee 사장님 (sajangnim) faced me.

The young man from the elevator. He was also surprised. He took a paper and read, an eyebrow raised.

  • Park Seung Ho 선생님 (seonsaengnim) ? You are much younger than I had expected
  • Uh ... . Lee사장님 (sajangnim) ?  You are ... ..I am not .... 안녕하세요 (Annyeonghaseyo. Hello) 제이름은 (Je ileum-eun. My name is) Jang Aria입니다 (ibnida).

I made a deep bow as my brain was running at full speed. A little discreet laugh made me lift my head.

  • Lee Soo Young입니다 (ibnida). Lee Soo Gun is my colleague and he sadly left for China this morning.

I immediately got up and stared at him like an idiot.

  • Left ? He left? He told us to come today because he was leaving tomorrow !
  • There was an emergency at our agency in China ... .I can also help you Jang Aria-ssi. Follow me.

He went out of the room, without even making sure that I was following him. I grind my teeth of anger and deeply inspired to calm myself. The bastard !! And polite with that! These entertainment people would eventually give me an ulcer.

Lee Soo Young took me around the agency before getting me into an audiovisual room. Two guards immediately rose at his entrance and bowed. I glanced at him sideways. I was sure that he could not have more than 29 years old and already had people bowing to him by calling him 사장님 (sajangnim).

  • Park Hoon and Cha Min Ho take care of Big Bang's official pages. You tube, Big Bang TV, Instagram, Facebook, Tweeter. They will give you access to everything.
  • 미리 감사드립니다.(Mili gamsadeuribnida. Thank you in advance) I thanked him, wondering in my head if he thought I was going to start now.
  • Do not thank me too quickly Jang Aria-ssi. You must sign a confidentiality agreement. Follow me.

He went out with his haughty step. I smiled at the two guards and ran after him.

  • Contract ? I think it would be better to wait until Park선생님 (seonsaengnim) is there. It's his project after all and ...

Lee Soo Young stopped so abruptly that I crushed into him. He turned to me with a hard look.

  • Do you really think I have time to lose? This contract, either you sign it now, or you'll be looking for another agency and another star. Understood ?

I blinked several times and lowered my eyes respectfully.

  • 예, 이해했습니다. (Ye, Ihaehaessseubnida. Yes, understood) Lee Soo Young-ssi.

Even he seemed surprised at my submission. What he did not know was that I was insulting him abundantly in my head. I even found a him nickname: the polite  bastard.

When I sat in his office, I pretended to read the contract in front of me, sipping the lilac tea he had asked to be brought.

Thoses situations made me love being a foreigner. I could take the day reading this contract and he would have nothing to say about it. Lee Soo Young showed visible signs of impatience and look at his watch from time to time. On a thirty pages contract, I was at the second.

An umpteenth sigh escaped him and that  snatched me from my hinges.

  • I intend to read the entire contract before signing it. It's in Korean and I'm not a fluent reader. If you are in a hurry, make an appointment with Park 선생님 (seonsaengnim).

I crossed my arms and looked up at him. He was amazed. Before he could find an answer, the door of his office opened with a crash.

  • Soo Young-ah!

I got up hastily as my eyes widened behind my glasses. Danmitdanmitdanmitdanmitdanmit!

The entire Big Bang group just got in. Like a moth drawn to a flame, my eyes were looking for Kwon Ji Yong. When I finally find him, he was looking so adorable - not like the drunken mess that I knew -  that my mouth went dry. . Not again.

  • 얘들 아 (Yaedeula. Guys). I'm sure it can wait a while. I am…

Without giving me a look, the five young man started to talk at the same time. They look furious and for what I understand....it was because of me. Well, not me but Park 선생님 (seonsaengnim) project.

The polite bastard face tightened under the effect of anger and he started to talk too. The tone rose and I found myself in the midst of all this chaos

  • 닥쳐 (Dakchyeo. Shut up)! I shouted

The six men calmed down immediately and stared at me. ! Why did I do that?

  • Timeout I said raising my hands as a sign of peace.

I grabbed my bag and the contract. I had to get out of there before it was too late and I got killed by that mob.

  • Lee Soo Young-ssi, I can see you're busy. So I will return the signed contract to you once I have read it. Bigbang members, it was a delighted to meet you.

I quickly bow to them and made my way to the door when a hand fell violently on my wrist.

  • Ice queen 아가씨 (Agassi)....what a suprise to have you here.

I look up to see a Kwon Ji Yong that was looking at me with a predator smile. . That was not good.