Second Encounter

Wrongful Encounter

Ji Yong POV

  • Dude, you look like crap.

I got into Yong Bae's car, my hoodie covering my head.

  • I know...and I feel like crap too...that ice queen did not make things better.
  • Ice queen? You went with a girl last night?
  • I wish I did...but no…something really weird happened.

I explained everything to Taeyang who start laughing.

  • You're serious? She said no to you? She even use more than formal speech?
  • Yeah, it was so freaking awkward. She just stood there waiting for me to leave. Not even trying to make conversation!
  • Maybe you're not her type.

I snorted, head against the window.

  • I'm pretty sure I'm her type. She was blushing all over the place and…that's her!!

Taeyang looked at the young woman getting in a car in front of them. She looked...so cold, not even a smile...

  • Dude just forgets about her already. That's why you love life . You're always getting attracted to the wrong ones.

I looked at the ice queen – I decided to call her that - car’s getting away, forgetting to riposte to Taeyang who was looking at me with serious eyes. Yeah...she was a definitely a wrong one.

 

BB * XO

Aria POV

I sighed with discouragement and cast a murderous look at my thesis director...former thesis director to be precise. No caring at my state of mind, he continued his joyful babbling.

I inhaled deeply to calm myself. To no avail. Every time I saw this pile in front of me and looked at Mr. Park's cheerful face, an unnamed rage arose in me.

I got up abruptly and went out of the room, violently slamming the door on my way out.

  • Aria-yah ... 아이고 (Aigo. Gosh) ! This girl and her nasty temper murmured Mr Park

He went out after me to find me pacing up and down the University corridor, empty at this hour.

  • Aria-yah ... you're the only one I can handle this project with and I'm sure you're interested. I know very well that it's a lot more work, but .... it's …
  • I know I cut him without any respect for the courtesy so cherished in South Korea, I know ... but Park선생님(seonsaengnim. Professor) ....

I sighed again. Could I really say no to the only teacher who had believed enough in me to give me a chance? I forced myself to smile.

  • I will give you my reply tomorrow morning Park선생님(seonsaengnim). Thank you for always thinking about me.

I made a short bow and turned away. I went to the classroom, empty also at 8 o'clock in the evening and grabbed my bag, yawning. It had been more than twelve hours since I was awake. I deserved a vacation, not more work.

I walked towards the exit, pressing the pace. I really hated Tuesday. I had not only to give lectures at Hongik University but I also had to work my other job at the youth ministry.

I never expect to stayed in Korea. When I first came 2 years ago, I was one of five lucky students from Yale University who came to do their doctorate at the prestigious University of Hongik, best know as Hongdae. But when I arrived there, it was difficult for me to find a thesis director, the other four pupils who were with me were all rich children who had their own teacher traveling with them.

Only Park Seung Ho, professor in Psychology, had kindly wanted me and thanks to him, I could complete my one year internship.

Soon after that, I got hired - thanks to him- as a substitute teacher for a Psychology 101 class. My lectures became widely know and got me a permanent position.

The minister of Youth also offered me a job as one of the head advisor for families in difficulty. I cut down my classes and decided to work full time at the ministry.

Once seated in my car, Park 선생님(seonsaengnim) project came back to me and I sighed again. That old man!! How could he ask me for a favor like that? Knowing that I can't say no to him!

He wanted to study the obsessive behavior of 사생팬 (sasaeng paen. Stalker fan). He had chosen two big idol group - kings of the Hallyu wave he called them- and even had the approval of their management companies.

SM Entertainment and EXO plus YG Entertainment and Big Bang. Crap!