Fist Encounter

Wrongful Encounter

Aria POV

I tried to memorize all the names and the faces in front of me. I could not screw that up.

There was nine of them plus their managers and…Witch one of them was the leader again? I quickly glanced at my notes when the head manager was not looking at me. Suho. Right…but witch one of them was Suho again?

  • Jang Aria-ssi? Are you listening?
  • 예 (Ye. Yes)! I said loudly before lowering my head. I had absolutely no clue of what he was talking about.

Exo members started to laugh and I felt myself blushing. I had to beg Park 선생님 to swap band with me. He was not happy about it. Apparently, YG Entertainment intimidated him and he felt awkward working with such big name. I told him that I was feeling the same way…and the old man was stunned.

I had the reputation to be quite cold and uncaring. To know that YG could shake even me made my old professor feel like he had won a war. I silently curse him in my head.

  • Jang Aria-ssi…We only have 30 minutes to go over this and you keep daydreaming…I can’t work like that!
  • 죄송합니다 (I’m sorry).

I sat straight on my chair and tried my best to focus on what the head manager was saying. I had to get that right; I could not go back to YG.

 

Sehun POV

I could not retain a smile. She looked like a child trying to pay attention in class. She was frowning like she had issue understanding what Mun Jae 형 (hyeong) was saying.

When they first told us about this project, we were all really happy: our 사생팬 (sasaeng paen. Stalker fan) were really scary. We were expecting some old man named Park Seung Ho 선생님 (seonsaengnim), but when I got in the conference room with my members, there was that little girl waiting for us.

I had quickly changed my mind. Even with that baby face, she was no little girl. She was not breath taking or stunning but something about her had attract my attention almost immediately.

I found myself only looking at her and studying every expression she made with her face. Like right now, she was glancing at the file she had on the table before her: it was a file about us with our names and everything. I retained a chuckle: I was certain that she had no idea who was who.

  • We are talking about EXO; these boys have some really scary fans that would do anything to be close to them.  Really, 장난 아냐 (jangnan ania. This is no joke). I’m not trying to scare you away Jang Aria-ssi but…
  • I understand your doubts. I’m a woman, I’m young and I’m a foreigner. But I’m also a professional. You can trust me.

She watched him in the eyes and looked so sure that Mun Jae 형 (hyeong) could do nothing more than nodding. He smiled and bowed to her.

  • 잘 부탁드립니다 (Jal butak deuribnida. Please take care of us.)

I joined the others and greet her and she smiled…I take that back: she was breath taking.

 

Aria POV

Unlike YG, SM Entertainment had big windows and the sun was flooding every room. Even the staff here was nicer: there were no polite bastard and each one of the kids came to introduce themselves. Everyone here was on board with the project and there were no risk of heart attack here. I shook hands with a smile, not wanting to talk. I could not make a mistake now. Tonight, I was going to study everything I could about SM.

Of course I knew about K-pop. I was living in South Korea for 3 years now and I knew that EXO was one of the biggest group in the industry…but I never thought that I’ll work with them one day. I would have to work with them one day. I had no idea who was who and…why was that really tall blond guy looking at me like that? Who was he? An EXO member? A manager? He smirked at me like he could read what was on my mind. I turned away from him when one of the managers brought me coffee and offered me a tour of the agency. I quickly accept.

  • So, do you like EXO? He asked me

Do I like them? Hum….

  • Yes, I do. They seem really nice.
  • They are. So witch one of them is your bias?

Bias? What? He was looking at me with a smile, expecting an answer. Think Aria, think fast. Ah!

  • Suho! Suho is my bias.
  • Ah, the leader. Yeah, you look like a leader type.
  • Leader type?

He smiled.

  • Yes, you know, the type of girl that would only like the leaders. Like our Suho or Super Junior's Leeteuk or TVXQ's U know-Yunho.
  • And Big Bang’s G-Dragon.

The manager gave me a puzzle look. I bit the inside of my mouth. Really? Talking about YG’ artist in SM? Good job Aria.

  • Yeah, like Big Bang’s G-Dragon…I guess you’re a fan?

I put my fake smile on.

  • I’m a fan of music and…
  • 형 (hyeong), I need your help with something.

We turn to see the tall blond guy smiling at us. I was so relieved that I wanted to kiss him. The manager excused himself and went with him, leaving me alone. Thank God for that stranger. And what the hell was wrong with me? Why mentioning G-Dragon? I did not have a bias and I was definitely not a leader type.

 

Sehun POV

I saw her leave the room with Wang Ho 형 (hyeong). She was smiling, but not really smiling. Her smile never reached her eyes. Maybe she was nervous. I decided to follow them.

  • Where are you going? Asked Kai.

I waved at him and he went back to his conversation with Lay. There they were. So, she was a leader type? She liked Suho? I doubt that. Suho must be the only name that she remembered and…I suddenly raised my head and my smile disappeared. G-Dragon? Why did she mention G-Dragon? She knew his name, his group and that he was a leader! That's way more she knew about us! Was she a VIP?

I watched her getting all flustered because of Wang Ho 형 (hyeong) questions. I found myself stepping in.

  • 형 (hyeong), I need your help with something.

She looked so relieved that I felt like I did my good deed of the day. I went away with Wang Ho 형 (hyeong) promising myself that by tomorrow, I will make her remember the name Oh Sehun and the – handsome – face that comes with it.