너 때문에 (Neo ttaemune. Because of you)

Wrongful Encounter

Aria POV

I could not even run away. My back was already pressed against the bay window and I could feel the cold glass on my sweaty palms. What was going on? Why was Gabriel in Korea? Even worst, why was he in this hotel room? Where I was supposed to meet Lee Soo Man?

He smirked at me and then proceeded to continue to dry his damp hair with a towel. That’s when I realized he was just wearing a hotel robe and was coming out of a shower. I tried to become one with the bay window when he came a little closer.

He suddenly burst into laughing, making me almost jump out of my skin.

  • You should relax Elisabeth. You look like you will leap of the window if it was possible. Come, seat here.

I looked at his extended hand like it was a Black Mamba ready to bite me.

  • Elisabeth, if someone saw you know, they will think that I’m hurting you… so, he added in a low and dripping with honey voice, please come seat down.

I swallowed hard as tears started rolling on my cheeks. I knew that voice. It was the voice that told me that I screw up somehow and that punishment was going to come, it was the voice that used to make me kneeled and begged for forgiveness.

  • Si… si…싫어 (sirheo. I don’t want to)… I… I’m… Lee Soo Man…
  • Elisabeth, get your on that couch right now or else!

He took a threatening step in my direction and I dropped on the floor, all strength gone.

  • Now that’s a nice girl he said patting my hair.

He squatted in front of me and gently caressed my cheek, wiping away my tears.

  • My sweet Elisabeth, did you know how much I missed you? I didn’t want to leave you, you know that right? I didn’t have a choice. When your grandmother threatened to cut all business relation with us if I didn’t back down on pursuing you, I knew that she was still the old b*tch she used to be, but I had too. Without the Rockefeller on our side, Bombardier Corp. will have a hard time on the US soil… But Elisabeth... do you know why I was ask to go away?

His hand found his way around my neck and he started to squeeze.

  • Because apparently, you had move on. You had a boyfriend…. Elisabeth, do you have a boyfriend? Someone that is not me? Let’s say… Sehun Oh?

He squeezed a little harder and air started to be rare in my lungs. My hands went to his and started to pull on them.

  • Ah… not him… Apparently, you’re after Emily’s boyfriend…. Dragon something.

Ji Yong? How did he know about Ji Yong?

  • This is so funny. Going after your best friend boyfriend? You’re actually proving that you’re a sl*t and that without me in your life, you’re nothing… What’s that thing?

My breath got caught in my throat when he found my necklace and somehow, I found some courage to push him away.

  • 안돼! (Andwae. No)! I said grabbing my necklace and getting up. Get away from me you creep!
  • Creep?? Did you just call me a creep?

A dark expression was on his face and I swallowed the lump on my throat. I squeezed my necklace and took a deep breath. No one was going to come and save me today. I needed to show Gabriel that he could not hurt me anymore, that he did not have any hold on me anymore. I looked at him straight in the eyes, determination on my face.

  • Yes. You’re a creep. A wrong definition of a man who think that he can go around beating woman into submission because of an inferiority complex. But I have news for you Gabriel Bombardier: today is the last time that you will ever see fear in me, is the last time that you will raise your hand at me!
  • Eli… Elisabeth…
  • 닥치고 내 말 들어 (dakchigo nae mal deuleo. Shut up and listen to me)! I yelled at him.

I didn’t know where that boldness was coming from. Maybe from my necklace that was still in my grip, or from the fact that I saw Gabriel took two steps back when I raise my voice at him. I didn’t know and I didn’t care. I never felt so free and empowered before and that bastard was going to listen to every single words I wanted to say.

  • You, Gabriel Bombardier are the worst thing that ever happened to me. But, thanks to you, I learned so much about myself. There is no way that I’m letting you get in my life again, I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery, I will not break like you want me too.

I smirked and shook my head. Without Ji Yong, I might have. Without Sehun, he might have won.

  • I’ve learned the hard way to never let it get that far. Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk. Because of you, I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt. Because of you, I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me. Because of you, I am afraid.

I looked at him and his eyes were big, like he could not understand what was going on. He had his mouth wide open and was as white as a ghost. I never saw him like that before… almost… scared. Seeing him like that gave me wings and I took a step in his direction, vengeful.

  • You’re the most selfish and deceitful person I ever met. You never thought of anyone else, I could not even cry because I knew that was weakness in your eyes. I was forced to fake a smile, a laugh every day of my life.  And I used to cry in the middle of the night for the same damn thing. Because of you, I try my hardest to just forget everything. Because of you, I didn’t know how to let anyone else in. Because of you, I was ashamed of my life. Because of you… I hurt him… I hurt him bad. And for that, 절대로 용서 못해 (Jeoldaro yonso mothae. I will never forgive you).

I took a deep breath and I suddenly felt pity for him. This person in front of me had everything: his parent’s love, money, handsome, tall but he will never be loved or loved anyone as he was incapable of it.

I shook my head and whipped a tear away. Unexpectedly, saying all this to him stripped me away from fear and I knew that Gabriel Bombardier no longer had any hold on me. I sighed deeply.

  • 잘 가라 (jal gara. Bye).

I passed next to him and had my hand already on the door knob when he grabbed me by the shoulder and turned me to face him. Something was wrong. He was wearing an expression that I’ve never seen before: a mask of sadistic pleasure.

  • You said today was the last day, right?  Let me make the most of it then.

The pressure on my shoulder increased and I shivered. His eyes were crazy and I knew that I was not going to leave this hotel room alive.

  • I love the new you Elisabeth. It will be so much fun to break.

I closed my eyes when the first blow landed on my stomach and bend over the pain. I bite my lips to blood. Even if this was my last day on earth, I will not give him the satisfaction on seeing me cry. The other blow was a kick that made me crash against the door, hard. I bite my tongue in the process and the metallic taste of blood invaded my mouth.

I felt Gabriel crouched next to me. He lifted my chin with a finger and blood dripped on my jaw.

  • Oh, how I’ve missed you Elisabeth. Please don’t start to cry and beg just yet. I want to enjoy that more.

I closed my eyes again and a sad smile spread on my face. “ Ji Yong-ah, Sehun-ah, 안녕 (Annyeong. Good bye).