삐딱하게 (Ppittak hage. Crooked): Part 2

Wrongful Encounter

Aria POV

He had moved on. He no longer loved me. I had a sad smile and bravely fought back my tears before launching to him again. I wrapped my arms around him, and asked, head buried on his chest.

  • 계속해야 니가 나를 다시 사랑하겠니? (Gyesok haeya, niga nareul dasi saranghagetni? If I continue this, will you love me again?)
  • Aria-yah?

Ji Yong pushed me away when we heard Sehun voice’s getting closer to where we were.

  • You should stop that. Your boyfriend is looking for you. Hope you enjoy the party.

He rose his glass at me and left. I stood there, not sure if I wanted to cry or yell at him. I just realized again how much Ji Yong had loved me, how much he had pampered me: I was never the one begging before, he was always there when I needed him, and he was the one always pleading with me, wanting me to stay with him, even agreeing on being friends with benefits with me when all he wanted was to love me….

  • There you are!

I turned to Sehun and smiled at him. He came next to me and hugged me without a word.

  • Don’t worry, everything will be alright he said.

I wanted to say no; that nothing will be fine anymore. I would have to break his heart, to make him lose that smile. But, I should do it like reaping a Band-Aid right? The fasted the better right? I took a deep breath and said.

  • Sehunhie…. We need to talk.

 

Sehun POV

I hugged her a little tighter when she said those dreadful words. I knew what they mean, but I was not ready to hear them. Not now, not ever.

  • How about we leave that party? I said.
  • What? But…
  • I really can’t stand seeing my 선배 (Seonbae. senior) like that… I mean, G-Dragon 선배님들 (Seonbaenim) kissing your best friend is too much for me.

She pushed me a little to look at me in the eyes then advert them.

  • They are dating… Emi and Ji Yong… they are actually dating…. He…
  • Well, we hope for the best for them right?

She looked at me and frowned.

  • Are you crazy? She asked. What do you mean hope the best for them? We can’t be wishing the best for them. I don’t want the best for him with her!! I want them to break up! I want him to come back to me, to love me again!
  • What? What are…?
  • 알아! 난이기적인야! (Ara! Nan igijeokin ya. I know! I’m selfish) She yelled, tears coming down her cheeks. But, I love him!

She put a hand on and took two steps backs.

  • Se… Sehu… Sehun-ah….
  • Let’s just get out of here I said, heart hammering in my chest and trying to compose my face.

I turned my back quickly on her but she grabbed my arm.

  • 미안해 (mianhae. I’m sorry)... I…
  • The others are waiting for us. Let’s join them and try to have some fun.

I pulled her hand and got out of the terrace, dragging her behind me without even stopping when I heard her bumping into people. I used my height to get through the crowd of drunk, happy, yelling people. I had to get out of here. I couldn’t breathe; I couldn't see straight; I was probably having a panic attack.

  • Dude!! Are you okay?

I did not even answer to Chanyeol and continued to go to the exit. Just fifteen more steps. I need to leave this place; I need to drag her out of that place. I was not leaving without her.

  • Sehunie… Sehun-ah…. 들어라 (nae mal jal deuleora. Listen to me) I can’t leave… not now… not with you.... Please let go of my hand... Sehun-ah, I'm sorry.

Without turning to look at her, I stopped and took a deep breath. What a bad luck. I was just 5 steps away from the exit door.

  • 지금은 안돼. (Jigeumeun andwae. Not now)… I can’t let you do that here, or today…
  • Sehun-ah…. So… ... 알았 ?? (Neo…arassni? You… you knew?)

I could hear the surprise in her voice, but mostly the relieved. I turned to her and she pulled her hand away from my grip and started to walk away from me, to walk to him. It felt like the world was coming down on me, we were together, a couple, she should love me.... I look at her getting swallowed by the crowd and bit my lips to retain the sobs that wanted to get out of my throat. I wanted to run after her and beg on my knees. Or even shake her to make her understand that she has to love me back, only me because I loved her to death. But I just stood there until I could no longer see her. I turned and finally took the last five steps to that freaking exit door. I walked out of there, not looking back, ignoring my friends’ voice calling after me.