Chapter 8

Friendship is Love

  -Donghae-lee-donghae-18940947-700-1000.j

(FLASHBACK cont.-still part of the letter)

Jessica's POV

     I ran after Yoona as fast as I could. I was pretty shocked that she was already here. I guess I really couldn't keep Donghae away from her after all. I mean seriously! The first thing he did was flirt with her. Of course it was just flirting. Even though Donghae had talked about true love, I knew he wasn't serious. Girls were just toys for him when it came to love, and for some reason that both comforted me and made me sad.

     "Wait Yoona! I need to talk to you!" I yelled. She finally stopped and turned around to look at me. She looked a bit confused, but she smiled anyway. Wow, she was even prettier in real life.

     "Hi, I'm Jessica and..." I started talking to her once I stood in front of her. I offered my hand for a handshake, and she lifted hers as well. However, I was interupted by a voice that was all to familiar. His hand grabbed Yoona's before I could.

     "Why hello. I'm Donghae by the way. Sorry for what happened back there. I guess I was just surprised by your beauty," Donghae cheesily said. I almost gagged right there. I nudged him aside and tried to continue talking to Yoona. Donghae pushed me behind him and continued talking.

     "Anyway, are you new here? I haven't seen you before, and trust me- I could never overlook a girl like you." Oh my gosh. Donghae you are an idiot.

     "She is a freshman, so she's new here," I cut in. I smiled reassuringly at Yoona to assure her that Donghae meant no harm. She seemed a bit overwhelmed by the attention he was giving her.

     "How do you know each other anyway?" Donghae turned his head toward me while his body still faced Yoona.

     "Because I bumped into the principal this morning and he told me that..." I started, but once again I was interupted.

     "Please, please don't start off the day by mentioning that old baldy's name. Anyway Yoona what made you decide to come to this college? I know a girl like you could easily model or be on TV." My eyes widened and I quickly looked at Yoona. She seemed just as surprised and had her eyebrows raised.

     "Baldy?" Yoona asked. An oblivious Donghae kept smiled at her sweetly.

     "Um Donghae this morning the principal..." I tried to save Donghae once again, but he still wouldn't listen.

     "Jessica, didn't I tell you to stop talking about that loser, and I was asking Yoona not you,"Donghae said. I smacked my forehead with the palm of my hand, and rolled my eyes. Now that he was being rude I decided to stop helping him. Suddenly, I heard someone call out Yoona's name. When I looked up, Uncle was standing next to us. Well this ought to be good.

     "Hello Yoona! Are you ready to start school here?" Uncle asked his daughter happily. Then, he turned to look at Donghae and his smile faultered. I stepped up to loosen the atmosphere.

     "Hello Uncle! We just met each other and then Donghae randomly showed up," I looked at him apologetically, but tried to make my expression cute. Uncle seemed to believe me and smiled. I heard Donghae scoff next to me.

Donghae's POV

     When I saw Jessica be cute to the principal I rolled my eyes. Of course she would be up. She even called him Uncle. Still, her expression was pretty cute. I smiled a little when I saw her make the face. Now why couldn't she do more stuff like that around me? Not that I wanted her to be like the other girls I flirted with. There was something about Jessica that told me that she would never be like the other girls, and I liked that. Yet, when she surprised me with her rare moments of girliness my heart sped up a bit. I guess it was since she was like my cute little sister.

     Anyway, I got back to reality, and now Jessica had turned to me with a sour face. I guess she had heard my scoff. I grinned at her and walked up to the principal. Not only Jessica knew how to up.

     "Good afternoon Sir! Yoona's a freshman here and she's a bit tired since she just arrived. Jessica and I were just trying to help her. You see, I've actually known her since childhood," I smiled at him, but he looked questioningly at Yoona instead. He seemed really surprised by what I just said. I turned to Yoona too and slyly winked at her without anyone noticing. I heard a loud sigh from Jessica.

     "Is this true Yoona?" the old man asked. Yoona walked up and smiled at me before turning to answer. I smiled back until I heard her speak.

     "Yes Daddy," Yoona said sweetly and hugged the principal. My jaw dropped open and my eyes bulged.

     "Daddy?" I asked. Jessica reached up and rested her elbow on my shoulder.

     "Yes Donghae. Daddy," she smiled at me. What did I just do?

Yoona's POV 

      I almost felt bad for the guy. If Donghae wasn't so cheesy, I might actually like him. Still, he did say those mean things about Dad. Whatever, I would never fall for a playboy anyways.

    I turned to Jessica and smiled. She seemed so sweet and really nice. I wanted to get to know her more. My dad had actually told me how she was like another daughter for him. She was really pretty too. She had a fox-like face that I was sure guys fell for all the time. Her clothes were really tomboyish though. I could actually see Donghae wearing them.

     "Anyways I need to talk to you Yoona. Bye Sica," Dad waved to Jessica and completely ignored a flustered Donghae. Jessica waved back and continued patting Donghae's head which was now resting on her shoulder. She was laughing and (from what I could see from Donghae's face) Donghae was pouting. I smiled at the duo who seemed really close.

     "Bye Jessica. I've heard a lot about you and I want to get to know you better. We should arrange something sometime to hang out!" I waved at her and turned around. However, I decided to look back at Donghae.

     "Um Donghae? He might be bald and even a loser, but he's really not that bad when you get to know him." His head snapped up and he stared at me. Once again I turned to follow my dad who was already waiting for me at the end of the sidewalk talking on his phone.

     When I began walking I suddenly felt someone grab my wrist, so Iooked down. Donghae was putting a silver bracelet on me.

     "It was really nice meeting you Yoona," Donghae whispered in my ear. My heart sped up, and I was really surprised. I just stared at him for a second. I glanced at Jessica to see her reaction as well. My heart sank when I saw that she had a hurt expression. Her lips were in a pout. Also, her eyes were locked on the back of Donghae's head, but when she saw me looking at her she forced me a smile.

     I pulled my arm away from Donghae and just walked away without saying anything. I decided I needed to learn more about Donghae and Jessica.

No POV

     When Donghae started walking back to Jessica, he had on a satisfied grin. In his mind, he had just gotten a step closer to Yoona. When he got closer to SIca he noticed her strained smile.

     "What?" he asked her concerned. He thought he might have hurt her when he kept pushing her away and ignoring her during their conversation with Yoona. The last thing he had wanted to do was hurt her feelings.

     "Nothing," she responded quickly and shook her head as though she was trying to clear her head of some bad thoughts. She put on a real smile and looked Donghae in the eyes.

     "So, is she the one?" Jessica questioned. Donghae smirked at her and thought for a second.

     "No I don't think so. I guess she's just not my type."Then he suddenly felt Sica punch his arm.

     "Ow! What is with you and hitting me today?" he groaned holding onto his now bruised shoulder. Jessica just leered at him, and became more focused. At least the faraway look in her eyes was gone.

     "What do you mean she's not your type? She's exactly like you explained you wanted earlier. Donghae, if you stay like this, you'll never actually find a girl at all!" Jessica scolded him. Donghae swung his arm over her shoulder and smushed her close to him. He laughed at how red her face got. He couldn't tell if she was angry or embarassed.

     "I'm not too worried about finding myself a girl Jessica. I already have you don't I?" Donghae teased.

     "Me! Never!" Jessica squealed as she struggled to get out of his hold.

     "Oh come on Sica, don't deny it! Here take this bracelet." Donghae tried to grab Jessica's wrist to put one of his bracelets on her, but she wiggled out of his grasp and began running up the sidewalk. She stopped a few feet away and turned around. She started walking backwards. Her face was a little flushed and she was laughing.

      "Oh come on Sica! Let me declare my love for you!" Donghae was now laughing with Jessica.

      "Shut up Hae! You're delusional!" Jessica giggled and turned around to walk facing forward. Donghae's smile widened when he heard her giggle, and he jogged to catch up to her. He would never admit to her the effect she had on him sometimes. Then, there was Jessica who couldn't even admit to herself how her heart had jumped when Donghae had tired to give her the bracelet. They were both still in denial.

 

*****Hello everyone! I know it's been a while! Sorry, but I've been busy with school:( Anyway I went crazy and started six new stories yesterday, and one of them was haesica! Please chack them all out:) The haesica fanfic is called Because Being Together is Enough. Thank you all for your support!

Don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE if you have time:)