Chapter 22

Friendship is Love

StealthCam-Wall-Clock.jpg

(FLASHBACK cont.-still part of the letter)

Yoona's POV

     I ran straight to the boys' dorms. I didn't care about the people watching me. I was ready to tell Donghae how I felt, and there wasn't anything in my way. Sica had told me she was happy for me, and she truely did seem like she supported me and Donghae being together. Perhaps, I was wrong about those two all along.

     Finally, the dorm was in view and I saw a few guys running around outside. It looked like they were playing basketball. I slowed down as I came into view and checked to see if Donghae was playing with them. However, he was nowhere in sight.

     "Hey Yoona," a manly voice greeted me. I turned around to see Taecyeon, a boy who had been hastling me about dating him for the past few months. I sighed and continued to look for Hae, hoping Taec would just leave.

     "You wanna go see that new movie this weekend, you know I just got a new car, and-"

     "Sorry, I gotto go. Talk to you later?" I cut him off and fast walked over to where I had finally spotted Donghae. It wasn't that I wanted to be mean to Taecyeon. It was just that I couldn't stand been constantly hastled after I told him I only wanted to be friends.  

      I walked up to Donghae who was standing to the side watching the game. I smiled at how much he probably wanted to play, but he'd been pretty sore since track season officially started. Slowly, I snuck up behind him and gave him a back hug. He turned around immediately with a cute, shocked expression. When he realized who it was, he relaxed and smiled. Some of the other guys who had seen us started making teasing noises to Donghae, so he pulled us to a more quiet area at the side of the dorm. I prefered this anyways since now nobody except Donghae would hear me confess.

     "What's up Yoona?" Donghae asked me. He was leaning against the wall while I stood in front of him fidgeting with my ring. After a moment I finally looked up into Donghae's eyes.

     "I love you!" After saying it out loud, my face became flushed. Without thinking I jumped into Donghae's arms and buried my face in his chest. I squeezed him tightly against me with my eyes closed. His arms came down to hug me as well, and the butterflies in my stomach exploded as I rested in his embrace.

     I took this as him accepting my feelings and did something else crazy. I pulled away from Donghae, held his face in my hands and kissed him. I kissed Lee Donghae. I felt his smooth lips against mine, and he didn't push me away. 

     We stayed like that for a short time, maybe ten seconds, before I hugged him again.

     "Let's stay like this," I whispered.

Jessica's POV

      I watched them kiss. It was nothing too passionate, but it was enough to tear me apart. My heart fell in my chest and tears threatened to fall from my eyes. Why did Donghae always end up making me cry?

     She hugged him again, and the whole time, Donghae didn't move. He stayed pressed against her, with his arms around her waist. I could tell he was shocked by his face, but I knew he wasn't unhappy. After all, he got the girl every other boy in the school would die for. They were meant for each other.

     Suddenly, my legs were carrying me away. I was running, but I had no idea where I was going. I just knew that I didn't want anyone to see me bawling my eyes out over some boy. However, I didn't run for very long. I found a tree in front of the school where there were no people around and leaned against it as I slid to the ground. I pulled my legs up and put my face on my knees. My sobs finally escaped and I began to openly cry.

     "I love you Donghae," I sobbed quietly. I'd fallen in love with my best friend and lost. The heavy tears were uncontrolable now. 

     BOOM! I heard thunder and raindrops began to pour down, slowly at first and then more heavily. I got up and began running back to my dorm. I had a lot to think about, and a huge decision to make.

 Donghae's POV  

     Yoona told me she loved me. Yoona kissed me. I kissed her back. It was a reflex. I was too shocked to think about what I was doing. Everything just happened. Did I like the kiss? Yes. I couldn't deny my attraction to Yoona. I didn't think any guy could, but it felt wrong. It wasn't the way I had imagined my perfect kiss to be. Then again, when I thought about my perfect kiss, it was always with Jessica.

     Yet, I remained frozen with Yoona. I couldn't hurt her and just push her away. I needed to talk to her about my real feelings slowly. I needed to explain to her that I was actually in love with Jessica.

     Boom! Thunder sounded above us and rain began coming down. I heard all the guys playing basketball yelling and running inside. Yoona took a step back, and I let go of her.

     "I guess I have to go. Call me okay," Yoona smiled happily and began running off. I took a deep breath and thought of all the trouble I was now in. Hopefully tomorrow I would be able to sort everything out.

 ***So, Yoona and Jessica both love Donghae, and Donghae is attracted to both of them although he only really loves Jessica. Now, another complication has been added. Yoona thinks she is Donghae's girlfriend! How will this all be sorted out???

HAESICA IS NOT OVER YET! KEEP READING!!!

COMMENT!