Chapter 29

Friendship is Love

 Confused_Heart_by_Marsille.jpg

No POV

     The three sat huddled together on the couch with Jessie sitting in the middle. Eun Mi had her hand on and silent tears rolling down her cheeks while Jisoo sat with a grave expression. Jessie had just finished reading the letter Yoona had written for her, and the sad story had truely hit everyone hard. Thankfully, Donghae was taking a shower upstairs, so he didn't know what they were planning. 

    "I had no idea," Jisoo said. In one hand he held Jessica Jung's picture while the other held Jessie's little hand.

     "We must do something. This could be a chance at making Donghae happy again," Eun Mi added. Jessie nodded along, happy that she now also had her grandparents' support.

     "We need to find Boa," Jessie announced.

Jessica's POV 

     Tired, I walked into my bedroom and plopped down on my bed. My mother followed behind and laughed at my state. She sat down next to me and began helping me take off my jewlery. We were silent for a while before she finally spoke up.

     "Sica, can I ask you something?" she questioned. I looked at her face and nodded hesitantly at her serious tone.

     "Are you happy?" My face dropped when I heard the question and I sighed. However, I didn't want Mom to worry, so I quickly smiled and stood up, walking over to my dresser to take out my nightsuit.

    "What type of question is that Mom? Of course I'm happy. I'm engaged. Hyun Joong is a great guy who loves me a lot, and he-"

     "But do you love him," she interrupted me. I became quiet and stared into the mirror that was connected to the dresser.  I began looking through my things again, hoping she would just let me ignore the question.

     "Jessica?" she prodded. I sat down on a chair that was near me and looked down at the engagment ring that now rested on my ring finger. Mom knew me too well, and she was like my sister. I couldn't hide this forever.

     "I've already loved someone Mom. I don't think I could ever do it again," I answered quietly, "Just think of this marriage as a compromise."

     "Compromise? Jessica, I'm your mother. Never in my life have I ever though I would see my daughter marry someone as a compromise. I want your happiness Sica." Mom got up from my bed and came over to me.

     "But this is all up to you," Mom finished. She my cheek and turned away. I watched her turn to leave the room. Before she left, she bent down to pick up my old soccer ball. She tossed it over to me and I caught it with both my hands. 

       "You can't be stuck on him forever Sica," she muttered.

 master-bedroom-1962.jpg