Chapter 28

Friendship is Love

    Kim_Hyun_Joong_SS501__11102009130459.jpg

Jessica's POV

     I stared at the mirror and the girly dress that draped my body. My dark brown hair was set in flowing curls around my shoulders and soft makeup accented my face. The room I was sitting in was medium sized with intricate little, gold designs painted on the walls. The color of the room and furniture had a calming effect which was probably why it had been chosen for me to do my last preparations.

     "Wow. I still can't believe that you're getting engaged Jessica!" my mother exclaimed. She stood behind me, sorting through my jewlery bag in order to find my earrings. I smiled at her through the mirror and took a deep breath. I was in a daze over the engagment. Even sitting in a hidden room of the party hall, I was having a hard time believing I was almost engaged.

     "Finally. I found them." Mom handed me the gold earrings and I carefully put them in my ears. I admired how they twinkled in the light.

     "You look beautiful Jessica," Mom smiled. I could tell how happy she was, and I was happy too. I was going to marry someone who loved me and cared for me more than any girl could dream of being loved. He was the perfect prince charming.

      "Thanks mom," I replied, "I'll be out soon. Can you just give me a minute?" My nerves were really starting to get to me, and I thought I might be sick. I could only imagine how I was going to be on my actual wedding day.

     "That's fine with me, but do you really think Hyun Joong will want to wait for you any longer?" Mom said with a teasing grin. I smiled shyly as I though about my fiancee. Suddenly, we both heard the door open and a handsome man in an expensive tux walked into the room.

     "That's exactly right mother-in-law," Hyun Joong laughed as he closed the door behind him and walked over to us.

     "What are you doing in here?" I asked startled. He was supposed to be in his own waiting room getting ready for the engagment before we walked in together. 

     "I just wanted to see my most favorite woman in the world before the party," he grinned. However, instead of coming to me, he hugged my mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She, of course, was shocked and smacked him playfully on the back of his head. I knew my mom loved Hyun Joong like a son already, so she wasn't really angry at him. I couldn't control my giggles as I watched them. I always loved the way that Hyun Joong could make me laugh. 

     "Alright, alright. I'll give the two of you some privacy, but you both better be out in five minutes. The guests are waiting." Mom finally left the room after she gave us one last smile. The moment she was out the door, I could already hear her talking to the other guests that were arriving in the prestigious party hall.

     There was a moment of silence as my fiance and I stared at each other with slight smiles. My heart sped up as I saw how lovingly he stared at me. I was hoping he saw the same love coming from my eyes, although I knew that was impossible. Finally, I got up and put my arms around his neck. He quickly put his hands around my waist while giving me a cheeky grin.

     "What do you think of my dress Mr. Kim?" I asked him. He let out a breath and looked down at the dress that came down to my mid-thigh. He had actually picked it out himself. Had it been my choice, I probably would of chosen something much less dressed up. But he always did like it when I wore girly clothes. He said I looked like a queen when I wore sweats, but I looked like a goddess when I wore dresses.

 0-snsd-jessica-genie-3d.jpg

     "You look amazing. I'm not surprised though. Afterall, you are going to be my wife soon." After he said this, he pressed me against him even more and began bringing his face closer to mine. I laughed and moved my lips to the side so he ended up kissing my cheek instead.

     "Not right now. You might mess up my makeup," I giggled and brought my hand up to poke his nose. Honestly, I could care less about my makeup or the way I looked, but it was always fun to . While he pouted at me, I turned around and left his embrace in order to put on my high heels. I heard him sigh and begin walking over to me.

     "I really can't wait for us to get married Sica. It's all I've been thinking about these past few days." My heart sank when I heard him say this. I had been thinking about the wedding a lot too, but he was probably much more excited about it.

     "Hey baby," Hyun Joong said as he brought my face up to look at him again, "Are you okay? You're not saying much." I tried to give him a convincing smile and pecked his lips. 

     "I'm just nervous is all," I confessed. He grinned and crushed me in an embrace.

     "You have nothing to worry about. All we need is each other and we'll get through anything" he comforted. I relaxed into his arms and closed my eyes. If all we needed was each other, then why did someone else's face keep popping up in my thoughts?  

Jessie's POV

     We all stood solemnly around the grave as Dad bent down to put the flowers nest to the tombstone. The sky was a perfect blue with only one or two clouds. The air had a spring-like smell to it, and the only sounds that were heard were from a few birds. The silence my family had wasn't out of sadness but respect. After these eight years everyone had agreed that my mom wouldn't of wanted us to cry over her death.  

     "I miss you," I whispered although I knew nobody could hear me. It just felt good to let out especially since I read the birthday letter. I played with the bracelet on my left hand as I stood there next to my grandparents.

     "We all do." I heard my granfather's deep voice say next to me as he rubbed my back comfortingly.

     After we had all paid our respects, we got ready to leave. However, Dad stayed behind.

     "I'll come. Just give me a minute by myself," he explained.

Donghae's POV

     I made sure that everyone was out of earshot before I crouched down in the grass. I took a few breaths before I finally began to speak.

    "Hey Yoong. Jessie just passed her eighth birthday. She looks just like you.The same gorgeous eyes and smile. We all really miss you and..." I took a moment to settle myself before continuing. Already my voice was beginning to crack and I couldn't go back to the car looking like I'd just cried.

     "Our daughter asked about Jessica yesterday. I didn't think I would ever talk about her again with anyone but you. Then, I saw Jessie wearing the bracelet. I'm guessing you gave it to her. Jessie hasn't taken it off since her birthday." Once again I took a break from talking and just stared at the bright flowers that were leaning against the stone.

      "I'm lonely Yoong. I'm so lonely. I need someone, and I think we both know who she is. Yet, she disappeared a long time ago. I think Jessie wants a mother too. You need to help me." I let as much as I could off my chest. I wanted to say more, but I knew everyone was waiting for me.

      "I love you," I murmured as I stood up and began walking away. 

***So Jessica is engaged, but there is something that keep bothering her. What could it be ;) Do you guys like Kim Hyun Joong? Also, don't you feel bad for Donghae? Please leave your COMMENTS :D and as always THANK YOU for the support!